Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] **HOT**Travelsmart by Conair Dual Voltage Converter ADD ON $4.83+tax

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2021 8:14 pm
[OP]
Aug 11, 2013
155 posts
445 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Amazon.ca] **HOT**Travelsmart by Conair Dual Voltage Converter ADD ON $4.83+tax

I know it's not the time to travel internationally but it's a great deal and it's RFD, so buy now think later! reviews are mixed but the adapters themselves without the converter are worth $4 which makes it a great deal.

Dual wattage converter converts 220-volt foreign electricity to 110-volt
High setting 26-1875 watt for irons, steamers, hair dryers, etc.
A travel pouch and 4 adapter plugs included for use in most countries
Last edited by asakka on Feb 5th, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
10 replies
[OP]
Aug 11, 2013
155 posts
445 upvotes
Montreal, QC
canadianamigo13 wrote: Reviews are not that great...Stay Away
Bad reviews seem to be coming from people who tried to use a hair dryer or a straightener with this tiny converter. I wouldn't use it for any heat generating piece of equipment since they require relatively high wattage. I would just use this for small non-heat activated appliances.
Mar 8, 2015
598 posts
2107 upvotes
Calgary, AB
asakka wrote: Bad reviews seem to be coming from people who tried to use a hair dryer or a straightener with this tiny converter. I wouldn't use it for any heat generating piece of equipment since they require relatively high wattage. I would just use this for small non-heat activated appliances.
But that' s what the product is claiming ....
[OP]
Aug 11, 2013
155 posts
445 upvotes
Montreal, QC
canadianamigo13 wrote: But that' s what the product is claiming ....
The adapters themselves without the converter are worth $4...
Jun 4, 2007
451 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
Don't believe this published wattage, total BS.

A friend has a real step down transformer, it's 1500watts, 15lbs, size of a Kleenex box.

As the reviews states....it struggles with 70watts, stay away.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1107 posts
688 upvotes
BC
asakka wrote: The adapters themselves without the converter are worth $4...
Yup.. otherwise ebay is your source for cheap adapter.. especially with coupon code
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
5341 posts
8449 upvotes
Montreal
This could be useful for many low power things like recharging your toothbrush that only accepts 120 Volts, etc.

Too bad it's add-on only; I would buy.
Can we combine many add-ons to make it one qualified Free delivery?
TIA.

Edit: I take it back considering the picture in post #10. Less than 30 minutes, no electronics, no use. Trash.
Last edited by Temporel on Feb 5th, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3612 posts
2338 upvotes
Vancouver
g00f wrote: Don't believe this published wattage, total BS.

A friend has a real step down transformer, it's 1500watts, 15lbs, size of a Kleenex box.

As the reviews states....it struggles with 70watts, stay away.
Glad to know it wasn't just me. Looking at the product photo: "1800W is impossible at that size and price."

The Amazon review photos of the iPhone charger (with universal voltage) being plugged into the transformer ought to make anyone go Jackie Chan or Capt. Picard facepalm.
Aug 23, 2011
36 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver
The brick is strictly for short-term use of appliances with no circuitry and run directly off the mains power. I don't remember the exact deal with these, but I think they only bring down voltage without changing the frequency or something. One of the review images has a picture of the packaging that warns users not to plug certain things into it.

That said, I think it's still worth it for the passive adapters to the north american plug.
Feb 3, 2019
641 posts
956 upvotes
Canada
Only thing hot about this is when it combusts and your outlet sets on fire.
Live a little