Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Printer with Mobile Printing w/ FREE HP Instant Ink Plan - $39.91

[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
158 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Printer with Mobile Printing w/ FREE HP Instant Ink Plan - $39.91

Hi everyone, I was waiting for the price to drop on this one and it finally did. It's an awesome deal because you can get the free instant ink package. Here's a link to the old thread with discussion.

The price is $39.91 as of 2:22 a.m. but the price changes on this one really fast - so get it while you can! When it's not on sale, it's listed at $99.99. Also don't forget to use Ebates for cash back.
Last edited by n31290 on Mar 23rd, 2018 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
61 replies
Jul 1, 2008
262 posts
57 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Costco NW Vaugahn have same price $39.xx
Really good for the price :)c
Jan 10, 2007
438 posts
527 upvotes
Can anyone comment why there are about 10 for for sale on amazon warehouse deals for about $34 ?
Are there a lot of returns on this item?
Jun 5, 2010
155 posts
61 upvotes
Ajax
My 4500 is out of ink. At this price I think I might just buy the printer instead of cartridges lol.
Aug 5, 2012
580 posts
335 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Buying an inkjet printer now is no longer an option, when laser printers are available at $100 . Every now and then one can find deals on multifunction laser printers.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." Plato
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
158 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
driverso wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 5:49 am
Can anyone comment why there are about 10 for for sale on amazon warehouse deals for about $34 ?
Are there a lot of returns on this item?
I can't comment for everyone else, but my roommate has this printer and it works really well. I don't think there are any more returns than normal for it. thanks for the heads up - I cancelled my $40 price order and got one of the used ones for $34! I got a "very good" one apparently coming in original packaging, so I hope it's good. If not I will return.
polskon wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 6:05 am
My 4500 is out of ink. At this price I think I might just buy the printer instead of cartridges lol.
Lol that's exactly why I was waiting for the price to go down so I could buy it.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1292 posts
228 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I bought this when it was last on sale and I've had no issues with it. A few things to keep in mind. First is if you opt into one of the non-free Instant ink plans, you can't go back to the free one. With the free plan any unused pages do not roll into the next month (with the non-free plans any unused pages roll forward and you can accumulate them). Some people report that the ink can dry out if you don't use it so I make sure I print out at least one full colour picture every once and a while (since the free ink plan doesn't go by how much ink you use, just how many pages you have printed, when I print a page off when I haven't used it in a while I make sure that page uses lots of ink!).
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3237 posts
1634 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
so I hear you get 15 prints month worth of ink... If I buy 10 of these do I get 150? lol
---
Oct 11, 2004
632 posts
78 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
Let me get this straight. WIth the Instant Ink I can print 15 pages per month and never have to pay for another toner? Just the up-front $40?

Does this expire after a while for this printer model?

I print so few pages that ink cartridges dry up between prints, hence why I have had only laser printers since 2005.
If HP replaces them for free, that would be cool. Is this the case? Is there a penalty if you stop printing every month and only do once a year or so?

EDIT: I found the details.
Print free for life: The free printing plan allows you to print 15 pages per month at no cost (paper not included) for the life of your printer. Additional pages are excluded and will be charged to customer credit/debit card at the end of the month at a rate of $1.25 per each additional set of 10 pages (Customer to be charged $1.25 for each set even if customer doesn’t use entire set). HP reserves the right to modify or cancel the free printing plan anytime on 60 days’ notice. This offer cannot be redeemed for cash except as required by law. Additional information available in HP Instant Ink Terms at HP Instant Ink Terms of Service. Free printing plan not available on all printers.
Hopefully, will last a year or so. Will use it to print photos of the kids and send them to the grandparents.
Jan 10, 2007
438 posts
527 upvotes
n31290 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 6:56 am
I can't comment for everyone else, but my roommate has this printer and it works really well. I don't think there are any more returns than normal for it. thanks for the heads up - I cancelled my $40 price order and got one of the used ones for $34! I got a "very good" one apparently coming in original packaging, so I hope it's good. If not I will return.

Lol that's exactly why I was waiting for the price to go down so I could buy it.
My experience with Amazon Warehouse Deals has been excellent. Usually the cosmetic defects refer to the packaging. Inside is a new unblemished item, even when a product was described as 'acceptable'.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
158 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
temporary user wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 4:28 pm
Hopefully, will last a year or so. Will use it to print photos of the kids and send them to the grandparents.
I hope so too! I'm also looking forward to buying nice paper and printing photos in it without feeling bad for wasting colour ink.
driverso wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 4:37 pm
My experience with Amazon Warehouse Deals has been excellent. Usually the cosmetic defects refer to the packaging. Inside is a new unblemished item, even when a product was described as 'acceptable'.
Amazing. I ordered a bodum kettle once from Warehouse Deals and it was completely new and unblemished. Hoping for the same again!
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
158 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Update on my Amazon warehouse deal purchase: it came with the flatbed scanner completely shattered! But I'll ship it back, and I ordered another warehouse deal one. Hopefully the other is in better shape.
Oct 21, 2013
160 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Missed this last time and after reading the reviews really seems like a solid deal even if you only occasionally need some of these functions. Thanks OP