Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Printer with Mobile Printing w/ FREE HP Instant Ink Plan - $39.91

Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1276 posts
359 upvotes
Ottawa
FYI for those planning in signing up for instant ink.

Your monthly limit starts the moment you sign up.

I didn't know this and I signed up right away so even though the printer comes with cartridges, those cartridges essentially became part of the instant ink plan. Probably should've printed out a few pages before signing up.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1162 posts
885 upvotes
Maple Ridge
how long does Free plan last?
life time?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9478 posts
4297 upvotes
Bought from costco last week for $38, went with the medium plan and 3 months free on that.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Feb 7, 2003
217 posts
59 upvotes
nguyentri wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 8:22 pm
FYI for those planning in signing up for instant ink.

Your monthly limit starts the moment you sign up.

I didn't know this and I signed up right away so even though the printer comes with cartridges, those cartridges essentially became part of the instant ink plan. Probably should've printed out a few pages before signing up.
Just to clarify, according to their TOU, it doesn't start when you sign up:

If you enroll now, we will send you a welcome kit with HP Instant Ink cartridges in about 10 business days, so you’ll have ink when you need it. Your billing cycle starts when you insert your first HP Instant Ink cartridge, it does not start when you enroll in the service.
Feb 7, 2003
217 posts
59 upvotes
kanechart wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 8:35 am
so I hear you get 15 prints month worth of ink... If I buy 10 of these do I get 150? lol
Apparently so. They allow up to 10 printers:

HP CONNECTED ACCOUNT AND SERVICE ACCOUNT REQUIRED; MULTIPLE PRINTERS IN SERVICE ACCOUNT. In order to purchase and receive the Service, You must create and maintain an HP Connected (or its successor) account (“HPC Account”). Within Your HPC Account, You will purchase the Service and Your Service account (“Service Account”) and Your Service Account Page will then be created and hosted in Your HPC Account. The details of Your Service Account will be displayed on Your Service Account Page. You may enroll multiple printers, up to a cumulative maximum of ten, under the Service in one or more Service Accounts. Regardless of whether Your multiple printers are under one or several Service Accounts, You will be billed separately for each printer. See Section 12 for billing details.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3745 posts
2606 upvotes
Markham
xsf wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 10:09 pm
Just to clarify, according to their TOU, it doesn't start when you sign up:

If you enroll now, we will send you a welcome kit with HP Instant Ink cartridges in about 10 business days, so you’ll have ink when you need it. Your billing cycle starts when you insert your first HP Instant Ink cartridge, it does not start when you enroll in the service.
The cartridges included with this printer are Instant Ink ready so as soon as you sign up they become part of the subscription so the other poster is correct.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1276 posts
359 upvotes
Ottawa
X24Secret wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 10:18 pm
The cartridges included with this printer are Instant Ink ready so as soon as you sign up they become part of the subscription so the other poster is correct.
Yeah the package of the cartridge says "Instant Ink" or "Instant Ink Ready". I didn't pay too much attention; just assumed that it was to say that my printer qualified for instant ink. I imagine you can use the ink without signing up so I don't even know it means.

Had I known that it counted right away though, I would've waited until the cartridges were used a bit and printed out some test pages before signing up.
Dec 29, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
thx for the info.. will empty out the included cartridges before enrolling to the instant ink sub.. had few questions before using this printer.:

1. Can i downgrade to the free tire at any time? say i get the medium plan for one month, can i downgrade to the free tire (assuming that the offer still exists) the next month?
2. Is the instant ink sub tied to cartridge or printer? can i buy a cheepo Black cartridge from amazon and use the colored cartridge from the instant ink subscription.. this way i get the best of both worlds.
Oct 17, 2007
928 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
anyone know if pricing at costco is limited time or is that their regular price? don't have time to go to costco till next week...thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3406 posts
2142 upvotes
Toronto
polskon wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 6:05 am
My 4500 is out of ink. At this price I think I might just buy the printer instead of cartridges lol.
I don't know if this is still true but new printers don't come with full cartridges just for this reason. Often it's like half.
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Dec 27, 2007
18125 posts
9287 upvotes
Kitchener
postalRage wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 6:37 am
thx for the info.. will empty out the included cartridges before enrolling to the instant ink sub.. had few questions before using this printer.:

1. Can i downgrade to the free tire at any time? say i get the medium plan for one month, can i downgrade to the free tire (assuming that the offer still exists) the next month?
Nope you can't downgrade back to the free plan
2. Is the instant ink sub tied to cartridge or printer? can i buy a cheepo Black cartridge from amazon and use the colored cartridge from the instant ink subscription.. this way i get the best of both worlds.
Printer tied, they keep count of every single page printed, instant ink includes black too.

If you want to do cheap black printing you can't beat laser, get a cheapo $70 refurb from brother and $20 aftermarket toner will last you thousands of pages.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2064 posts
1319 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Data point: any free pages left per month unprinted do not roll over.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Jan 19, 2003
167 posts
19 upvotes
Can someone outline how the Free Instant Ink Plan works?
Dec 27, 2007
18125 posts
9287 upvotes
Kitchener
omeo wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 11:11 pm
Can someone outline how the Free Instant Ink Plan works?
Works just like paid plans but cost you $0 monthly for the first 15 pages.