[Amazon.ca] HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Inkjet Printer - $64.99 - Deal of the Day

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2017 12:29 pm
[OP]
Mar 2, 2017
988 posts
749 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Inkjet Printer - $64.99 - Deal of the Day

Hi guys, this appears to be a good deal given the original price is $171 on amazon. On Newegg.ca its $144
10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1889 posts
1093 upvotes
Markham
Seems too good to be true.
There is no review and I don't know how to check the seller..

Good find OP
-------
Thank you
Sep 6, 2006
239 posts
126 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote: Seems too good to be true.
There is no review and I don't know how to check the seller..

Good find OP
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6798 posts
5690 upvotes
North York
can't comment on this printer.
But 8610, 8620 (both discontinued and replaced with) 8630 are some of the best printers out there despite being inkjet. And pages/cartridge counts on those are just as good as many laser printer out there. And they have been on sale for $100-150 before.

This printer has a few decent reviews, but looks like it is still new.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
kunamvahees wrote: There is no review and I don't know how to check the seller..
It's sold by Amazon.ca, U.S. reviews here: https://www.amazon.com/HP-OfficeJet-Wir ... B01HSADJIO

It's a printer only (no scanner/multi-function). It's reasonably fast and has ink cartridges twice the size of the $40 HP Envy 5540 all-in-one model at Staples last week: staples-staples-ca-hp-envy-5540-all-one ... 1-2094912/. But it still uses a combined 3-colour ink cartridge.

You can find out more about the HP Instant Ink program in that Staples thread. If you sign up for an Instant Ink subscription then you pay for a certain number of pages per month, regardless of the printer or cartridge size. It could be a good deal if you print close to the maximum every month and you prefer to use HP-original ink. Not so good if your print needs are erratic and you prefer to save more money with 3rd-party ink.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2017
988 posts
749 upvotes
Hi guys
This ships and sells by Amazon so in my mind it's a safe bet.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7236 posts
392 upvotes
Port Moody
We are still using Officejet Pro 8600 and it has been and is by far the best inkjet printer we have had and it has printed alot and I meqan alot. I now use ink bought off amazon for $14 which includes 2 x 950XL and the colour inks, no issues what so ever well worth it and definitely best inkjet printer going , no reason to change . Even factory ink cartridges lasted long, been uber happy
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2920 posts
1707 upvotes
Montreal
This is a great deal. Just checked staples.ca and they have it for 99 if you miss out on this one day deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3040 posts
4165 upvotes
Langley, BC
who buys ink cartridges? Use InstantInk.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
steven80 wrote: who buys ink cartridges? Use InstantInk.
It's not that simple a decision.

If you print a lot of full-size colour pages, and you are sure that you will be using most of your monthly page limit on a regular basis, and you prefer to stick with original HP ink, and you don't mind your printer communicating with HP over the internet, then Instant Ink is for you. Even better if you take advantage of the dual offers mentioned in the other thread to get up to 7 months of free Instant Ink.

But if the amount of printing you do varies a lot, and you print mostly black text, and you are willing to use much cheaper 3rd-party ink, then you will save a lot more in the long run by not using HP Instant Ink.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10773 posts
3325 upvotes
Decent deal - grabbed one for the home.

Our printer is a little dicey and the ink is probably almost done anyway,