[Amazon.ca] HP U27 - 27" IPS 4K FreeSync $359.65

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2021 3:16 pm
[OP]
Sep 14, 2017
67 posts
104 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] HP U27 - 27" IPS 4K FreeSync $359.65

Hey folks, me again witH another 4k IPS deal - lowest price on triple camel!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08G5T6PXV/ref ... 9W3X5PBMS2

Quick highlights (bear with me on mobile):
  • 4K 60 hz
  • IPS
  • Height adjustable stand
  • Wireless cast? Not sure how this one works
  • VESA mountable
  • HDMI and DP (sorry no USB-C, can't compare with that previous 32" Samsung or Philips 27")
Thoughts? :P
17 replies
May 28, 2011
736 posts
774 upvotes
damn it, I was hoping you werent going to post it so it drops further - it's slowly been dropping from $407
Jun 12, 2010
225 posts
371 upvotes
Are you sure it's VESA mountable? I don't see any mounting point in the image nor do I see anything mentioned in the specs.

I've been meaning to get an affordable 4k monitor to upgrade a 1080p, is this the right one to jump on?

How's HP warranty?
Jun 17, 2003
693 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
They've marketed this on wireless capabilities, and it seems like they've just built in a crap USB wireless steaming solution so it's not surprising that it's getting poor reviews/not selling as usb wireless streaming is pretty laggy.
The problem is I can't find any proper reviews that focus on its abilities as a traditional monitor. Freesync is nice but I'd assume no serious factory calibration.
ArchZeratul wrote: Are you sure it's VESA mountable?
It's listed as VESA mountable (plate included) on the HP store.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1242 posts
1871 upvotes
Vancouver
ArchZeratul wrote: Are you sure it's VESA mountable? I don't see any mounting point in the image nor do I see anything mentioned in the specs.

I've been meaning to get an affordable 4k monitor to upgrade a 1080p, is this the right one to jump on?

How's HP warranty?
What is "affordable" to you.

If you simply want 4k, that dell monitor from a couple days back was a way better deal
Feb 25, 2020
210 posts
489 upvotes
here's the data sheet for the monitor with full specs

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/V2/GetPDF.as ... dFlagDeals

it's response time is 5ms

the price is great for a 4k monitor, but i personally am not falling for the 4k meme yet... but i'm a gamer first and believe 1440p is better than 4k at gaming
[removed for signature violation, do not repost]
May 9, 2020
74 posts
108 upvotes
hagbard wrote: Seeing $520
Have to select it from "New and Used", its the one from Warehouse deals thats $334
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31109 posts
1840 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Cronos647 wrote: Have to select it from "New and Used", its the one from Warehouse deals thats $334
USED?? Say that in the subject line...doesn't say that anywhere.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2871 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
hagbard wrote: USED?? Say that in the subject line...doesn't say that anywhere.
The deal was for brand new and not used. Amazon increased the price...
May 9, 2020
74 posts
108 upvotes
May wanna check that I'm not the OP...
Jun 12, 2010
225 posts
371 upvotes
danascully wrote: If you simply want 4k, that dell monitor from a couple days back was a way better deal
Do you happen to have a link for it so I can compare? I'm only seeing a QHD one.
Looks like the deal ran out.

I'm probably going to cancel my order in favour of going with the Costco deal above because I'm still not seeing any evidence of VESA mounts on this thing. It was $409.53 after taxes/fees. If anyone wants to buy the thing in the Vancouver area I'll hold onto it.
Feb 27, 2007
140 posts
90 upvotes
ArchZeratul wrote: I'm probably going to cancel my order in favour of going with the Costco deal above because I'm still not seeing any evidence of VESA mounts on this thing. It was $409.53 after taxes/fees. If anyone wants to buy the thing in the Vancouver area I'll hold onto it.
Did you even bother to try to find evidence of a VESA mount?

The spec sheet (linked by hoodrich) says it needs a bracket and it's included, and it only takes 2 seconds to google "HP U27 Manual" to find out how the VESA mounting works (on page 6 and 7).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06638344.pdf
Jun 12, 2010
225 posts
371 upvotes
slantyyz wrote: Did you even bother to try to find evidence of a VESA mount?

The spec sheet (linked by hoodrich) says it needs a bracket and it's included, and it only takes 2 seconds to google "HP U27 Manual" to find out how the VESA mounting works (on page 6 and 7).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06638344.pdf
I've always found it obvious in either the marketing images or the spec section on the product page. This is the first time I've seen a VESA mount like this one, so no, I didn't think to RTFM. Bit late since I went with the Costco option but thanks.