Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

HUANUO Universal VESA bracket adapter for $9.99 with code!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 12:47 am
Apr 5, 2018
390 posts
382 upvotes
abshahul wrote: Care to share any link/video you followed for DIY monitor? TIA.
I don't remember the specific video, but there are tons of YouTube videos.
Only challenge is to find the correct driver board for your laptop screen.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6447 posts
1292 upvotes
Ontario
Thanked OP but I wish I had seen this two months ago, I wasted $40 including taxes for an adapter for my monitor and had no idea universal ones existed.
2041 posts
1370 upvotes
khulit wrote: Some monitor arm plate will only have one vesa standard (like 75x75 or 100x100) and this one seems to require both in the center plate (if you only have one screw holding the arm, then the arm may droop down)
Fair point on the double bolt per arm to make it more secure. Most of the other product images show only 1 bolt being used per arm, and reviewer images also show people using it this way as well. I guess it'll all depend on how heavy your monitor is and how tight you can make those bolts.
What bothers me about this design is that the slot for the bolts is not inset, so the bolt head is stick out on the side that is against the back of your monitor. This could cause some damage if you're not careful. Also, it's unclear from the pictures whether there is any rubber/foam padding on the hooks that grab the bezel/screen of your monitor. Again, if you're not careful, you could do some damage like that reviewer who probably over-tightened and cracked their screen.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6916 posts
5833 upvotes
Grabbed one for $8.50 - will see how it works on an old non-vesa monitor.
Banned
Apr 14, 2004
1394 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
DrummGunner wrote: Can you speak more on this?
I have a 27" monitor with slim bezels and it's not large enough to have 8 screws affixing the vesa plate. The fingers that grab onto the monitor wrap around the monitor too much and block the screen; I was also afraid that it might put pressure on the screen. My monitor also doesn't have a flat back so it could not be affixed to the monitor properly and kept slipping out. It's not an expensive monitor by any means, but the anxiety that it was going to slip out, or any pressure would force the fingers into the screen was too much. Just a really bad design all around.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2041 posts
1370 upvotes
bobor wrote: Great deal OP.

My problem with these adaptors is that I sometimes need to use the monitor in a vertical position but I haven't seen any adaptor that can do that.

Guess it's a new VESA-compliant monitor for me then, lol
I think the only way you can safely use these adapters in a portrait orientation is the have 1 arm on each side, and 2 arms supporting the bottom. However, the mounting plate will not be centred on the back of the monitor. This also means your monitor is stuck in portrait mode. I.e. not rotatable.
I think to make a VESA adapter that's capable of supporting rotation, you'd need 6 arms (2 long, 4 short) to support all sides, which I've never seen.
Jan 3, 2018
165 posts
80 upvotes
jp149 wrote: I have a 27" monitor with slim bezels and it's not large enough to have 8 screws affixing the vesa plate. The fingers that grab onto the monitor wrap around the monitor too much and block the screen; I was also afraid that it might put pressure on the screen. My monitor also doesn't have a flat back so it could not be affixed to the monitor properly and kept slipping out. It's not an expensive monitor by any means, but the anxiety that it was going to slip out, or any pressure would force the fingers into the screen was too much. Just a really bad design all around.
Ahh I see. I dont think this will be an issue for me as my monitor has an inch of besel on the top and about 1.5 inches on the bottom.

I'm so tempted to just buy a new monitor that is VESA compliant but I cant justif it when I have a perfectly working samsung one (probably about 7 yrs old)
[OP]
Aug 2, 2005
206 posts
128 upvotes
New code: MAQRT286. Even cheaper than $9.99 since price before coupon dropped to $16.99.
Nov 15, 2006
42 posts
8 upvotes
I got this last year for like $20 and used it to attach my Huion drawing tablet to a monitor arm. Wish I got it at this price, but I needed it then. Still works great.