Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] HUAWEI MediaPad M5 Lite – 10.1 Inch Android 8.0 Tablet $248.00 after coupon

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2021 6:56 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 4, 2017
9 posts
28 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] HUAWEI MediaPad M5 Lite – 10.1 Inch Android 8.0 Tablet $248.00 after coupon

HUAWEI MediaPad M5 Lite – 10.1 Inch Android 8.0 Tablet $298.00 add $50.00 coupon = $248.00
i noticed Vision Electronics, and Staples, lowered it as well. Good deal for tablet for kids in the car or School. But that just my opnion.
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 21st, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
38 replies
Sr. Member
Jul 2, 2016
556 posts
1400 upvotes
If you go with the mist blue version instead it is cheaper. $228 minus $30 coupon.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
1739 posts
686 upvotes
Toronto
I'd highly advise against any Huawei tablets. I own the similar specced MediaPad T5 and it was a nightmare. The EMUI OS is absolute trash, where it is VERY aggressive on its power saving and memory management. Apps will close out even when you are just switching apps for a brief moment. There is also very little support when it comes to custom roms, and in the T5's case, requires shorting out wires.

Don't be fooled by the size and specs, pay the extra for a tablet you would want to use. I personally used an older tablet over this, because of the frustrating OS experience.
Jr. Member
Dec 14, 2013
164 posts
250 upvotes
AJAX
Good deal OP. For an even better deal, get the black 4GB+64GB for $10 more after coupon (instead of 3GB+32GB).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2006
1010 posts
727 upvotes
aandaleb wrote: Good deal OP. For an even better deal, get the black 4GB+64GB for $10 more after coupon (instead of 3GB+32GB).
Coupon doesn't apply on the 4GB model
Jr. Member
Dec 14, 2013
164 posts
250 upvotes
AJAX
IceCreamGee:
I see a $25 coupon.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210421-142550.png
Last edited by aandaleb on Apr 21st, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1242 posts
632 upvotes
EnriqueJ wrote: HUAWEI MediaPad M5 Lite – 10.1 Inch Android 8.0 Tablet $298.00 add $50.00 coupon = $248.00
i noticed Vision Electronics, and Staples, lowered it as well. Good deal for tablet for kids in the car or School. But that just my opnion.
Brave man especially considering you can get something much better in Lenovo for the same price range or cheaper.
Banned
Mar 2, 2021
252 posts
260 upvotes
George1616 wrote: If you go with the mist blue version instead it is cheaper. $228 minus $30 coupon.
That's because it's a T5 not M5
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1775 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto
If you want a cheap china tablet, I've had good experience with a Teclast one.
Member
Jun 17, 2018
337 posts
659 upvotes
Isn't the Fire HD 10 a better option? It is cheaper, better supported and good for media consumption. Plus it can be modded to add the Play Store.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3604 posts
1035 upvotes
Toronto
George1616 wrote: If you go with the mist blue version instead it is cheaper. $228 minus $30 coupon.
Thats a T5, not an M5 Lite. I don't know the differences, but I noticed that the M5 lite has a lot larger battery and "quick charging".
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
9635 posts
6369 upvotes
Toronto
DarkReaper wrote: I'd highly advise against any Huawei tablets. I own the similar specced MediaPad T5 and it was a nightmare. The EMUI OS is absolute trash, where it is VERY aggressive on its power saving and memory management. Apps will close out even when you are just switching apps for a brief moment. There is also very little support when it comes to custom roms, and in the T5's case, requires shorting out wires.

Don't be fooled by the size and specs, pay the extra for a tablet you would want to use. I personally used an older tablet over this, because of the frustrating OS experience.
I have a Mediapad M6 8.4 that has been great for my needs, much better specs though and has the Android 10 update. The Oppo phone I have came with much more bloat than the M6.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4864 posts
3525 upvotes
Burnaby
Comparing to similar products at Lenovo Canada.

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/tablets/an ... &uq=&text=#

For instance,

$288 ($300 regular) M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen) Android 9, 10.3", 1080x1200, 4GB, 64GB, 5000mAh, etc. 7% Rakuten cashback (it has been better).

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 4, 2017
9 posts
28 upvotes
never bought it ....
just sharing since I saw it go down in my wish list, hence "items im considering buying" nothing is writtem in stone in RFD
of course there a better tablets, just like there better cars, but perhaps not everyone wants to give there kids a lexus ISF or perfer a lexus for that matter, if there going smash it anyways....lol
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2377 posts
575 upvotes
if you really want this tablet (for some reason)
another alternative is singing up a 2yr contract with fido

you get a 4gb data plan for $10/month
and this tablet for an extra $5 a month
hence $15+tax x 24 months = $407
you can then just get VOIP and have a working phone too
instead of just $280 for the tablet...
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Jr. Member
Apr 23, 2016
124 posts
82 upvotes
Ottawa and Montreal
Be carefull, by reading the french amazon description it seems to be wifi only.

I would double check first.
Member
Jul 22, 2009
362 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
DarkReaper wrote: I'd highly advise against any Huawei tablets. I own the similar specced MediaPad T5 and it was a nightmare. The EMUI OS is absolute trash, where it is VERY aggressive on its power saving and memory management. Apps will close out even when you are just switching apps for a brief moment. There is also very little support when it comes to custom roms, and in the T5's case, requires shorting out wires.

Don't be fooled by the size and specs, pay the extra for a tablet you would want to use. I personally used an older tablet over this, because of the frustrating OS experience.
Most people's experience with the T5 was the free Rogers one, which only had 2gb of ram, which is major lack of it since the OS itself already used up a good portion.
Member
Sep 26, 2013
276 posts
547 upvotes
DarkReaper wrote: I'd highly advise against any Huawei tablets. I own the similar specced MediaPad T5 and it was a nightmare. The EMUI OS is absolute trash, where it is VERY aggressive on its power saving and memory management. Apps will close out even when you are just switching apps for a brief moment. There is also very little support when it comes to custom roms, and in the T5's case, requires shorting out wires.

Don't be fooled by the size and specs, pay the extra for a tablet you would want to use. I personally used an older tablet over this, because of the frustrating OS experience.
I think the same thing can be said for most android tablets. (maybe except the over-priced samsung ones that costs 600+). Don't get me wrong all my phones are android but when it comes to tablet, the best experience is with apple. I wouldn't buy any andorid tablet with the current base ipad going so low in price.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
1739 posts
686 upvotes
Toronto
LezOLee wrote:
Most people's experience with the T5 was the free Rogers one, which only had 2gb of ram, which is major lack of it since the OS itself already used up a good portion.
It's possible the extra 1GB of RAM could help but my old 2016 Galaxy Tab A with 2GB of RAM did not have any issues whatsoever running the same processes. From my research, EMUI prioritizes battery saving and there's no setting to tweak this. At least with more popular tablets, you can flash a new rom.
azraelluz wrote: I think the same thing can be said for most android tablets. (maybe except the over-priced samsung ones that costs 600+). Don't get me wrong all my phones are android but when it comes to tablet, the best experience is with apple. I wouldn't buy any andorid tablet with the current base ipad going so low in price.
It depends on your needs. It's fair that Apple offers the best experience given that they are the most expensive.

There are many great budget tablets out there, but this is not one of them.

Top