Amazon.ca

HUAWEI MediaPad M5 Lite – 10.1 Inch Android 8.0 Tablet $248.00 after coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2021 6:56 pm
Jun 18, 2006
190 posts
200 upvotes
Burnaby
Does this Huawaii tablet still support google play store, google maps and android auto?
Aug 12, 2010
953 posts
772 upvotes
EnriqueJ wrote: HUAWEI MediaPad M5 Lite – 10.1 Inch Android 8.0 Tablet $298.00 add $50.00 coupon = $248.00
i noticed Vision Electronics, and Staples, lowered it as well. Good deal for tablet for kids in the car or School. But that just my opnion.
I don't know, 3g/32gb but still Android 8 vs an amazon 10" 2g/32gb that gets updated (easy to put googleplay on) for $199 standard price. Not thinking it's that hot
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6038 posts
4480 upvotes
M-Arkham
Got the Roger T5 one a while back, it's a bit sluggish, gave it to my dad and he uses it daily to watch Prime and youtube, no issue if it's dedicated to that

but at this price, might as well grab a more up to date lenovo tablet
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
May 21, 2010
240 posts
52 upvotes
Just go get a Alldocube iplay 40,or any other new tablet using T618 SoC. For Huawei Mediapad, u are buying a more than 2 years old low end device which is a big no go. Lenovo ones were newly designed but built with even cheaper specs than Mediapad.
Aug 25, 2019
695 posts
715 upvotes
When you are criticising someone's suggestion Face With Rolling Eyesthe least one should do is provide a link for an alternative ....Leroys take note 🤬

/ Just saw Android 12 is emerging
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live." — Mae Jemison
Aug 28, 2017
44 posts
40 upvotes
is there a way to unlock bootloader and install custom roms on this? or even the T5?
Feb 23, 2017
17 posts
16 upvotes
These things are shit and not even worth it as e-waste, honestly. Got one from Rogers for free, it was so bad I returned it anyways. Don't waste your money.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6798 posts
11323 upvotes
Montreal
LaSarre wrote: Be carefull, by reading the french amazon description it seems to be wifi only. I would double check first.
It's the same with the English listing: Wi-Fi only; no mobile capability.

FunnyGamer wrote: Isn't the Fire HD 10 a better option? It is cheaper, better supported and good for media consumption. Plus it can be modded to add the Play Store.
geoffs wrote: I don't know, 3g/32gb but still Android 8 vs an amazon 10" 2g/32gb that gets updated (easy to put googleplay on) for $199 standard price. Not thinking it's that hot
The Fire HD 10 is $155 at the moment: Dell.com

RFD thread
Images
  • Screenshot (977).png
Nov 20, 2017
734 posts
539 upvotes
Anyone have any recommendations for a vehicle dash tablet?

I'm going to be putting one in an older vehicle for navigation. All I really need is Amazon Music and Google Maps.

So GPS functionality is a must. Anyone have any suggestions on what could be my cheapest option?
Jun 21, 2005
348 posts
133 upvotes
DarkReaper wrote: There is also very little support when it comes to custom roms, and in the T5's case, requires shorting out wires.
Pretty safe to say the typical $250 tablet customer isn't looking to install a custom ROM. These are low end devices intended for low end use, such as media consumption. They are perfectly adequate for their intended use, although there are better value tablets to be had at this price point.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3533 upvotes
Burnaby
cdegt wrote: Just go get a Alldocube iplay 40,or any other new tablet using T618 SoC. For Huawei Mediapad, u are buying a more than 2 years old low end device which is a big no go. Lenovo ones were newly designed but built with even cheaper specs than Mediapad.
Too expensive. $150 tops for a beater device. A Teclast P20HD would do (Teclast P20HD SC9863A Octa Core 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 10.1" 1920*1200 Dual 4G LTE Android 10 Tablet - EU Version). App developers drop support for older Android versions and manufacturers/Google won't help providing OS updates/upgrades. Pretty much planned obsolescence. At least Apple or Microsoft keep OS support longer [although both charge more for their tablets and their ecosystems are leaner].

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5701 posts
2531 upvotes
Ottawa
redkid wrote: if you really want this tablet (for some reason)
another alternative is singing up a 2yr contract with fido

you get a 4gb data plan for $10/month
and this tablet for an extra $5 a month
hence $15+tax x 24 months = $407
you can then just get VOIP and have a working phone too
instead of just $280 for the tablet...
I pay $5/mon all in for a T5 from Fido with 4gb data. Im really happy about T5 except its sound.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9095 posts
10454 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
My kids have two T5’s with the 3gb/32gb. And it works decently for them for Roblox. But at $248 plus tax one might be better off just buying a 5th gen IPad used where something like Roblox works pretty much flawlessly.

The problem with the Fire Tablets is they are all stuck on 32bit Android and some games do not work. The M5/T5 is 64bit Android.

Still the T5 and M5 lite processor is marginal at this point. This is one of the issues in the cheap Android tablet market....my kids LG G4 and the snapdragon 808 in there can still outperform most of them. Android as an eco system has crippled its tablet experience with the proliferation of weak processors in the mid to cheap tablets.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1803 posts
828 upvotes
klown wrote: Brave man especially considering you can get something much better in Lenovo for the same price range or cheaper.
Lenovo has tablets?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1803 posts
828 upvotes
DarkReaper wrote: I'd highly advise against any Huawei tablets. I own the similar specced MediaPad T5 and it was a nightmare. The EMUI OS is absolute trash, where it is VERY aggressive on its power saving and memory management. Apps will close out even when you are just switching apps for a brief moment. There is also very little support when it comes to custom roms, and in the T5's case, requires shorting out wires.

Don't be fooled by the size and specs, pay the extra for a tablet you would want to use. I personally used an older tablet over this, because of the frustrating OS experience.
Can you please elaborate? Feel free to send me a PM. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3650 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
sheyenne wrote: Lenovo has tablets?
Why do you ask us and not Google?
You can see Lenovo tablets mentioned often in RFD.
They have x86 PCs that can be used as tablets and they have Android tablets. They've had them a very long time.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1803 posts
828 upvotes
Hugh wrote: Why do you ask us and not Google?
You can see Lenovo tablets mentioned often in RFD.
They have x86 PCs that can be used as tablets and they have Android tablets. They've had them a very long time.
Why are you so salty? If I could ask Google about everything, there might not even be a need for RFD in many circumstances.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6798 posts
11323 upvotes
Montreal
sheyenne wrote: Why are you so salty? If I could ask Google about everything, there might not even be a need for RFD in many circumstances.
Has nothing to do with being salty.
Just calling out a daft post.

"Lenovo has tablets?"
Come on!
You really want someone to reply to that?
Which answer do you expect: "No" or "Yes"?
Then what? Are you further advanced?
You're going to have to use Google at some point.

By the way, Samsung has dryers. In case you are wondering... ;)