Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

HUAWEI Watch GT 2 $168 After $101 Off coupon

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2021 9:35 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 22, 2017
79 posts
140 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] HUAWEI Watch GT 2 $168 After $101 Off coupon

HUAWEI Watch GT 2 - Bluetooth Smart Watch, Sport GPS 7 Days Working Fitness Tracker, Blood Oxygen Monitor Heart Rate Tracker Waterproof for Android and iOS, 42mm Strap https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XQJKBLB/ref ... 8BZMBT96A8

$269-$101= $168

Comparable to the Samsung active 2
10 replies
Member
May 9, 2014
461 posts
183 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I bought 2 of this and but not a satisfied customer. there is barely any app you want to use.
The only good thing and the best part is the battery life.
go buy something else.
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2015
107 posts
92 upvotes
Don't buy Chinese watches with no software ecosystem, there will hardly be any support.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2628 posts
2040 upvotes
leeezeng wrote: I bought 2 of this and but not a satisfied customer. there is barely any app you want to use.
The only good thing and the best part is the battery life.
go buy something else.
If you have no interest in apps on your phone, this is one of the best around for its battery life alone. GPS and heart rate monitor are great. Notifications are crap, but I just check my phone when I see an alert on my watch. I only charge my watch once a week and that includes using it for workouts.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1309 posts
1785 upvotes
This is great for privacy because there aren't really much apps available. And longer battery life.

If you don't need GPS (which most people don't in a smart watch), Huawei Band 6 is a better buy.

- posted from my Huawei P40 Pro
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2800 posts
500 upvotes
Burnaby
great price or not?
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 24, 2007
2092 posts
824 upvotes
tomatoonline wrote: great price or not?
Not really. Bought the Gt2 46mm last month for $175.xx all in no taxes from 3rd party seller Wireless something. This is more with taxes from Huawei store for smaller version. Heard this one can't take calls or no music storage (not sure?) unlike former.

Echo previous comments, Huawei GT 2 amazing battery life 10 days for me something any Smart watch has to do, charging everyday is a joke.. what is the point that we regress backwards to those winding watches of the 1800s?

Notifications are pretty pathetic , I only consistently get Wechat but no email or other alerts, you can't interact with any of them anyways.. They have been stuck with own ecosystem for a while but cannot build up apps in their Huawei gallery for proper alerts? Hopefully Harmony OS comes to this watch and fixes these issues. The other negatives is the non expansive Workout tracking system. All it does is monitor your heart rate , that's it! There are no exercise guides, recognition EX: on WearOS it can track your bench press, squats curls etc and remind you of rest between sets (2 mins) etc.

What is really the point of breaking down workouts to rowing, swimming, strength training etc with no detail breakdowns??

with that said I like this watch, there are options to download tons of really good watch faces by using the crack Health app on another device. Seeing it in bright sunlight outside also no issue and many Bezels on Ali you can purchase to make this watch POP!
Member
Feb 10, 2006
425 posts
329 upvotes
scarfa wrote: Don't buy Chinese watches with no software ecosystem, there will hardly be any support.
agreed, they play their own game
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2071 posts
2619 upvotes
I had GT1 and Im using GT2 now everyday, for outdoor activities only.

I chose GT2 instead of other brands because it's cheap and it has everything I need: notifications, super long battery life, accurate HR monitor, GPS, music+bluetooth to my earbuds, activity tracking Sync to Strava, and most importantly, tons of free faces.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2012
1261 posts
468 upvotes
Markham
I dunno what beats ecosystem.
iPhone, Mac, Apple Watch, Airpods. and they work so well together.

I heard that Huawei has a new OS that will work with all little gadgets in China.


I don't know if you've noticed, older Chinese people (like my parents) didn't know that Huawei is not the only company with 5G.
So one day my dad asked me how come the US and Canada has 5G since we have banned Huawei 5G.

I dunno how to answer that. Well, other companies make 5G stuffs too. It just that Huawei is on the news more often.

I am not surprised since I heard my dad watches things on the Internet filtered by the Chinese firewall. Well, he watches stuffs from Bidu, and WeChat. It's all China positive and Western negatives.
Public Mobile customer:
Line 1: $45 - $15 = $30 / 20GB
Line 2: $45 - $5 = $40 / 20GB
Line 3: $45 - $3 = $42 / 20GB
Line 4: $25 - $8 = $17 / 1GB
Line 5: $15 - $6 = $9 / 0.25GB
Member
Jan 27, 2017
257 posts
159 upvotes
It’s probably reverse here. Most people would not expect China to have 4G or even 5G because they think it’s an ancient backward 3rd world country.
Uranium101 wrote: I dunno what beats ecosystem.
iPhone, Mac, Apple Watch, Airpods. and they work so well together.

I heard that Huawei has a new OS that will work with all little gadgets in China.


I don't know if you've noticed, older Chinese people (like my parents) didn't know that Huawei is not the only company with 5G.
So one day my dad asked me how come the US and Canada has 5G since we have banned Huawei 5G.

I dunno how to answer that. Well, other companies make 5G stuffs too. It just that Huawei is on the news more often.

I am not surprised since I heard my dad watches things on the Internet filtered by the Chinese firewall. Well, he watches stuffs from Bidu, and WeChat. It's all China positive and Western negatives.

Top