Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Hugh Howey sci-fi novels Wool, Shift, Dust for $3 or less each (Kindle editions)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 4:27 pm
[OP]
Apr 8, 2005
879 posts
554 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Hugh Howey sci-fi novels Wool, Shift, Dust for $3 or less each (Kindle editions)

$1.20 Wool Omnibus: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0071XO8RA/
$2.99 Shift Omnibus: https://www.amazon.ca/Shift-Omnibus-1-3 ... 00B6Z6HI2/
$2.99 Dust: https://www.amazon.ca/Dust-Silo-Book-Hu ... 00CYNGPTG/

I guess Amazon has a Kindle promo where they reduce the price on some eBooks each month. Surprisingly, I noticed the Howey books all discounted this month. I've read Wool, and thought it was terrific, and will happily read it again for $1.20. Currently $56.73 total for the paperback editions, and $7.18 for everything in digital. I plan to do some traveling this summer, and it will be great to have these in portable form.

Note that Dust was published all at once, and therefore doesn't need an omnibus edition - that's the whole thing.

GoodReads rating 4.24 with 126,964 ratings.
GoodReads rating 4.12 with 56,056 ratings.
GoodReads rating 4.26 with 53,677 ratings.
Last edited by Mykolas on Jan 11th, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Dec 25, 2006
211 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Read these over Christmas, great read!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1253 posts
453 upvotes
Cambridge
These were/are fantastic! Definitely pick these up if you have any interest in sci-fi.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
3939 posts
330 upvotes
Great books! I wonder what the "kindle in motion" features are?
Jun 19, 2010
308 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
Great deal... I just wish he would start writing again. It's been too long!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2604 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a trade paperback of Wool during Boxing Week (~$6 from BookOutlet.ca). It's a bit over 500 pages. Is that the same as a Wool Omnibus?

My e-ink readers are Kobo. Is it easy to strip to DRM and convert to epub from Amazon's mobi format? I don't pirate stuff so I've never used Calibre, but I would not consider this piracy.
Nov 15, 2013
332 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
Can't say enough positive comments about all of his books. These prices are no-brainers.
Nov 15, 2013
332 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
kazryv wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:44 pm
Great deal... I just wish he would start writing again. It's been too long!
He's currently working on a sequel to SAND and just finished writing the pilot episode for a WOOL TV series. Very exciting times as a fan!!
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1100 posts
244 upvotes
Hugh wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:51 pm
I bought a trade paperback of Wool during Boxing Week (~$6 from BookOutlet.ca). It's a bit over 500 pages. Is that the same as a Wool Omnibus?

My e-ink readers are Kobo. Is it easy to strip to DRM and convert to epub from Amazon's mobi format? I don't pirate stuff so I've never used Calibre, but I would not consider this piracy.
Yes it is
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1242 posts
336 upvotes
I loved wool. Shift got pretty long winded and boring around the end of the 2nd book...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1952 posts
759 upvotes
Vancouver
Hugh wrote:

My friend, you SHOULD use Calibre regardless... That is a fantastic tool for keeping your [legit] Library stellar...

Edit:

Also, I believe that Calibre is not the right tool to rip books anyway... Calibre converts legit books in different formats. There are other DRM cracking tools available.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Nov 28, 2011
78 posts
23 upvotes
Belleville
Hugh wrote:

Google "Apprentice Alf's Blog". His tools work with Calibre. FWIW, I don't consider it piracy either. If I decide to read my purchased book on a different device, it should be up to me. Sadly, ebooks are where mp3s were 10 years ago.
Nov 28, 2011
78 posts
23 upvotes
Belleville
Hugh wrote:

Google "Apprentice Alf's Blog". His tools work with Calibre. FWIW, I don't consider it piracy either. If I decide to read my purchased book on a different device, it should be up to me. Sadly, ebooks are where mp3s were 10 years ago.