Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Huion KAMVAS Pro 16 Drawing Monitor Tablet 15.6" IPS ($599 - 200 = $399 All time low)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 2:35 pm
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
248 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Huion KAMVAS Pro 16 Drawing Monitor Tablet 15.6" IPS ($599 - 200 = $399 All time low)

This is for the artists and designers out there looking to upgrade from a regular tablet and 6 figure RFDers (i.e. everyone) or insane OSU enthusiasts .

There was a pretty good deal a month back on a regular Huion tablet and I've since upgraded to one of their display models. The Pro 16 is on sale now ($200 clippable coupon) which makes it pretty hot as it looks to be an all time low, a very good value alternative to Wacom. Also comes with a stand which is neat.

Per CCC, ATL is $479.20 in early Feb. Per Keepa, the ATL is corroborated as 479.2 is the lightning deal price, happening around twice a month, so it's a new ATL right now by $80.

EDIT: Was able to ask the seller (which seems to be Huion directly via Amazon, and not through a 3rd party) to see how long this will last - the $200 clippable will available to the 27th.
(I can't recall if there was a clippable before this or not, but I know on several of their items like my Pro 13, there was a base clippable. Not sure what is the base for this one though)

Reviews among the community are positive
Last edited by animestan on Feb 20th, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twitch.tv/squishyrollingpanda
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2494 posts
388 upvotes
Thanks OP, was just looking at replacing two Intuos 3 units that Wacom decided weren’t Catalina compatible.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
248 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
DFS 360 wrote: Thanks OP, was just looking at replacing two Intuos 3 units that Wacom decided weren’t Catalina compatible.
Dang that's a shame.

I know Huion's display line has upgradable firmware, but mine (pro13) shipped out with the latest one.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
248 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
EDIT: Was able to ask the seller (which seems to be Huion directly via Amazon, and not through a 3rd party) to see how long this will last - the $200 clippable will available to the 27th.

(I can't recall if there was a clippable before this or not, but I know on several of their items like my Pro 13, there was a base clippable. Not sure what is the base for this one though)
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2505 posts
1727 upvotes
Kitchener
No eraser on the pen :(
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
248 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
JoJoCan wrote: No eraser on the pen :(
While yes, that is correct, I don't feel like this is anything close to a deal breaker. To me, the eraser on the back of a pen is an antiquated function, meant at the beginning of the adoption of tablets to mimic a traditional pencil. Comparative display tablets at this range and above, including the wacom one (which just came out last month) doesn't utilize this function anymore. Most pens. regardless of manufacturer now come standard with 2 programmable buttons, so it's as simple as binding it to "E" (mine was default E and right click).

I would much rather press a button to erase while holding the pen in a normal drawing position versus flipping the whole pen around. It really breaks the flow of drawing otherwise.
Nov 25, 2014
319 posts
289 upvotes
Is the only difference between the versions screen size?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2505 posts
1727 upvotes
Kitchener
I'm not an artist, I don't draw, but i'd love to learn... This is super tempting... Hmmm... advice?
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Jan 19, 2008
447 posts
234 upvotes
JoJoCan wrote: I'm not an artist, I don't draw, but i'd love to learn... This is super tempting... Hmmm... advice?
Buy some paper and some pencils.
Oct 3, 2019
45 posts
58 upvotes
JoJoCan wrote: I'm not an artist, I don't draw, but i'd love to learn... This is super tempting... Hmmm... advice?
Start with pencil and paper or buy a $50 drawing tablet to start, Huion, Wacom and XP-Pen are good.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1180 posts
624 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Buy an ipad with apple pen support. Find a used pro on kijiji if you want a laminated screen.

I say this because procreate is ios exclusive and is really easy to use, and its $10.

If you buy a drawing tablet you have to connect it to a pc, and chances are, you wont (lets be honest here)
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
248 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
OutOfSt0ck wrote: Is the only difference between the versions screen size?
Yeah, pretty much for the Pro series. Larger screen + more hotkeys. The panels used might be different (I'm assuming this since the OSD menu for the 13.3" and 15.6" are different)

The non-pro line has a matte film screen instead of matte treated glass. Not sure if there are additional differences with the non-pro though.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
248 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, I agree with the previous comments.

If you don't know how you'll feel about drawing as a hobby you would keep up with, start with paper and pencils. If you want to try digital art out, go for a $50-80 tablet. It's noted that for beginners, it's harder to start digital art on a regular tablet (i.e. no display) because you're moving the brush and seeing the strokes, while not actually gauging the physical "brush" (pen). That's not to say that they aren't awesome tools as amazing art and animation can come out of these tablets, but they're harder to use vs display tablets as a total beginner.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2136 posts
361 upvotes
I think the new Kamvas pros are laminated glass while the others weren't. it means the pen is much closer to the spot its supposed to be on the screen.