• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2021 7:59 pm
[OP]
Banned
Apr 14, 2021
3 posts
4 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Humidifier TaoTronics Humidifiers for Bedroom

Save 15% each on Humidifier TaoTronics Humidifiers for Bedroom when you purchase 1 or more. Enter code OBP5KWCX at checkout.

Space Saving Design: vertical oval shape designed for bedroom nightstand and office desk, fitting narrow space for better air wherever you are
Quiet Operation: intelligent air inlet design, FCC certificated and BPA free ensure you a quiet use, perfect for baby room nursery.
Dial Knob Control: selecting the mist output conveniently for full control of the air you breathe
Images
  • Screenshot_45.png
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best humidifiers for your home!
22 replies
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
Taotronics is known to shill products and pay people for removing bad reviews - and then you show up with only 3 posts and post Taotronics with zero additional commentary :rolleyes:
Apr 8, 2015
345 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver, ON
We got a Humidifier in January from them on Amazon and it stopped working around April. I contacted Support and they were quick to send me a new one...
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
4306 posts
2204 upvotes
Had two TaoTronics humidifiers running 24/7 over the past two winters and both are still running fine. And then you get a person like mindabsence who can't give you anything about quality/performance because they've never owned one.
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
pootza wrote: Had two TaoTronics humidifiers running 24/7 over the past two winters and both are still running fine. And then you get a person like mindabsence who can't give you anything about quality/performance because they've never owned one.
I've owned three, actually. We sold them when we got a whole home unit last winter.

Don't be so quick to make assumptions buddy.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
4306 posts
2204 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: I've owned three, actually. We sold them when we got a whole home unit last winter.

Don't be so quick to make assumptions buddy.
And please describe your pleasure/displeasure with the units. If there was displeasure for sure you would have made mention.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21135 posts
25089 upvotes
I may be looking for a dehumidifier this summer, given how muggy and oppressive southern Ontario summers can get.

Fortunately our AC system isn't terrible.
Oct 25, 2006
570 posts
68 upvotes
hate waking up to gurgle noises ...only negative i can mention, but dealbreaker for me for almost all humidifiers.
Perfect eBay Feedback
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
pootza wrote: And please describe your pleasure/displeasure with the units. If there was displeasure for sure you would have made mention.
Hated filling them almost daily and the weekly cleaning routine, and even then, they only kept three rooms in check for humidity rather than the whole house. The move to a whole-home unit became a no brainer with the saved time back in my daily/weekly routines, in addition to removing the weekly need to lug gallons and gallons of distilled water into the house to prevent the white dust. They advertise that their filter stops white dust - it doesn't - you still need distilled or heavily filtered water.

Taotronics also started making the move to becoming more unethical re: buying off shills, paying people to remove or edit bad reviews, etc. so I also refuse to support that when it's known about a company.

Other than that, they ran for 4+ months for years straight with no issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
4306 posts
2204 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: Hated filling them almost daily and the weekly cleaning routine, and even then, they only kept three rooms in check for humidity rather than the whole house. The move to a whole-home unit became a no brainer with the saved time back in my daily/weekly routines, in addition to removing the weekly need to lug gallons and gallons of distilled water into the house to prevent the white dust. They advertise that their filter stops white dust - it doesn't - you still need distilled or heavily filtered water.

Taotronics also started making the move to becoming more unethical re: buying off shills, paying people to remove or edit bad reviews, etc. so I also refuse to support that when it's known about a company.

Other than that, they ran for 4+ months for years straight with no issues.
Now that's a review. Thanks, as something like this helps more people than the drivel you made in your first post.
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
pootza wrote: Now that's a review. Thanks, as something like this helps more people than the drivel you made in your first post.
I have no desire to support unethical companies, so why would I leave a more detailed review in my first post to encourage people to buy this? This entire thread is most likely started by a shill in the first place. Taotronics is getting as bad with forum shills as Aukey/Anker/Soundpeats are.
Penalty Box
Nov 15, 2020
1243 posts
2406 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: I have no desire to support unethical companies, so why would I leave a more detailed review in my first post to encourage people to buy this? This entire thread is most likely started by a shill in the first place. Taotronics is getting as bad with forum shills as Aukey/Anker/Soundpeats are.
Shill or not, if it's a deal, it's a deal, if it ain't it ain't. You can report the OP and the mods will deal with it (seems like they already have)
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
4306 posts
2204 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: I have no desire to support unethical companies, so why would I leave a more detailed review in my first post to encourage people to buy this? This entire thread is most likely started by a shill in the first place. Taotronics is getting as bad with forum shills as Aukey/Anker/Soundpeats are.
It's hard to find an ethical company anywhere.
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
aomous wrote: Shill or not, if it's a deal, it's a deal, if it ain't it ain't. You can report the OP and the mods will deal with it (seems like they already have)
Exactly! and discussion forums are for discussion, so I added my two cents :)
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1323 posts
769 upvotes
Taotronics for sure are shill. So are aukey, but I have never had Anker ask me to remove a bad review or offer to pay me otherwise. In fact any time I had a compliant they reached out and remedied it promptly.
There are a ton of other companies doing shill stuff, a few of them got suspended by Amazon for this like a week ago, including mpow, victsing, and others
[*]
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
bilaliz wrote: a few of them got suspended by Amazon for this like a week ago, including mpow, victsing, and others
now that you mention it, I have noticed a bunch of brands that "always" show up in searches I do no longer being there. Kudos to Amazon for dealing with it more aggressively finally and giving a more fair playing field for the ethical (or more ethical) brands too.

Edit: some reading for anyone interested:
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/aukey-ki ... llegations
https://www.marketplacepulse.com/articl ... -and-aukey
Last edited by mindabsence on May 18th, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8960 posts
6018 upvotes
Kootenays
My two cents...unless you're willing to commit to using only distilled water, stay away from ultrasonic humidifiers, as they introduce far too much particulate into your indoor air. Evaporator units are far better. See here, the pertinent info from the aerosol scientist starts at the 15:00 mark.
Dec 17, 2009
931 posts
738 upvotes
Vancouver
I brought one a month ago. The first one has minor issue, but CS quickly send me another one. The 2nd is still running good.
I got a note from my first package which said “Redeem a gift card by share your experience by leaving an honest review”.
I told the truth about the problem of my first unit, and they still send me the gift card. I don’t find it has ethic problem.
I always get a gift card or a chance to win draw by leaving reviews or filling surveys.
Jul 15, 2019
110 posts
98 upvotes
I have 3 taotronics humidifiers, and this is the best unit. Running 3 winters no issues. Very quiet.
The other two, which are bigger units, start to make louder noise after one winter.
Their CS is best though. Easy replacement if you ran into any problem.
With the help of RFD, I've saved more than $1000!!!! (Buy spending $10000+)
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
tofubb wrote: I brought one a month ago. The first one has minor issue, but CS quickly send me another one. The 2nd is still running good.
I got a note from my first package which said “Redeem a gift card by share your experience by leaving an honest review”.
I told the truth about the problem of my first unit, and they still send me the gift card. I don’t find it has ethic problem.
I always get a gift card or a chance to win draw by leaving reviews or filling surveys.
Unfortunately, those gift cards are not allowed under Amazon T&C in exchange for reviews and that's exactly what caused a bunch of big sellers to just be taken off Amazon the other week. I believe that offering money/gift cards for reviews also enters into legal territory in some countries as bribes unless it's fully disclosed that there's an exchange happening within the review (and Amazon has a rule that you can't do reviews in exchange for anything, so it's a viscous cycle of T&C and legal violations depending what side you're on).

So what happened the other week was a huge database full of these vendors and the people on Amazon who takes their "incentives" leaked. Amazon seems to have analyzed who the biggest offenders were as far as sellers and banned them. It's still unknown if Amazon will do anything against the users in the database, but I'd imagine users who exceed a threshold of bribe reviews might have some action based on what Amazon has done in previous years when they do a blitz against fake reviews. I'd say it's safe to assume that anyone who has done this with any of the companies in the data leak are probably now known to Amazon.

Here's the long form article - it's a long and detailed read, but extremely informative: https://www.safetydetectives.com/blog/a ... ak-report/