Amazon.ca

Humidifier TaoTronics Humidifiers for Bedroom

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2021 7:59 pm
Dec 17, 2009
955 posts
778 upvotes
Vancouver
mindabsence wrote: Unfortunately, those gift cards are not allowed under Amazon T&C in exchange for reviews and that's exactly what caused a bunch of big sellers to just be taken off Amazon the other week. I believe that offering money/gift cards for reviews also enters into legal territory in some countries as bribes unless it's fully disclosed that there's an exchange happening within the review (and Amazon has a rule that you can't do reviews in exchange for anything, so it's a viscous cycle of T&C and legal violations depending what side you're on).

So what happened the other week was a huge database full of these vendors and the people on Amazon who takes their "incentives" leaked. Amazon seems to have analyzed who the biggest offenders were as far as sellers and banned them. It's still unknown if Amazon will do anything against the users in the database, but I'd imagine users who exceed a threshold of bribe reviews might have some action based on what Amazon has done in previous years when they do a blitz against fake reviews. I'd say it's safe to assume that anyone who has done this with any of the companies in the data leak are probably now known to Amazon.

Here's the long form article - it's a long and detailed read, but extremely informative: https://www.safetydetectives.com/blog/a ... ak-report/
This article is talking about fake reviews, people brought the product, left a five stars reviews, then vendor gave them money back over PayPal.
Also, I know some companies exchange gift card for “5 stars review”. These should considerate bribed reviews.
Never read the T&C between Amazon and it’s vendors. If Amazon doesn’t allow paid reviews, their vendors shouldn’t do it.
But Taotronics just paid you to leave a review, no matter 1 or 5 stars. Then it is a totally different story, I don’t really see any ethics issue. And maybe that is why Amazon didn’t ban Taotronics.
I brought Aukey and Mpow’s products before, but never get invited to leave a good review.
Dec 17, 2009
955 posts
778 upvotes
Vancouver
smacd wrote: My two cents...unless you're willing to commit to using only distilled water, stay away from ultrasonic humidifiers, as they introduce far too much particulate into your indoor air. Evaporator units are far better. See here, the pertinent info from the aerosol scientist starts at the 15:00 mark.
Just wonder how about soft water or humidifier with filter?
Jun 10, 2020
600 posts
603 upvotes
OP is already banned... :P lol. What a schill.

Ultrasonic Humidifiers can be hazardous to your health if you don't use distilled water. I'll stick to my evaporatives from known brands. Thanks.

Poster above: soft water is no different. It's the minerals in the water that ultrasonics agitate and aerosolize into the air that then get deep into your lungs that are hazardous. It was a study done by my old Alma mater @ UofAlberta.

Evaporatives are supposed to be fine. They trap all that crap in the filter... They too work better with RO or distilled water though as the filters will last longer with less mineral buildup.