Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ILIFE A9 Panoramic Navigation Robot Vacuum Cleaner, with Wifi and Mapping $314.49

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2019 9:38 am
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
1122 posts
121 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sum321 wrote: How was shipping, custom and actual product?
Does it comes with any warranty and how to avail when needed?
Shipping took about 2.5 weeks. Went from China > HK > B.C > Winnipeg > Toronto. It shipped via Canada Post so luckily I didn't pay any duties or taxes. So far the Roborock has been great and pretty life changing. The mopping feature is decent. Too bad it doesn't support multiple floors but hope that gets updated with software. When I finish vacuuming the main floor then bring it up to the 2nd floor, it gets confused and thinks it's the same floorplan. Had to turn the "save map" feature off to fix this.

Not sure about warranty but I'm not expecting any.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4420 posts
1314 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote: Problem with the shark seems to be mapping, if you read online you'll find a good amount of reports that even after 20 runs it doesn't produce any map. They're apparently being sued by iRobot for this vac because of the self empty bin. The hardware looks to be there but I'm not so sure about software yet, hopefully they will continue to update it.
What do you mean about not producing any map? Why would you need the map?
Aug 17, 2008
27 posts
36 upvotes
Kitchener
jarko wrote: Thanks for the video, where did you buy your shark iq? and can you keep us updated if you got charged duties
I purchased it from www.sharkclean.com.

I don't expect to have to pay any duties, but if I do, I'll mention it here.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2367 posts
1582 upvotes
padlock wrote: I was seriously considering the Roborock, but ultimately, I ended up ordering the Shark r101AE.

The mapping on the Shark won't be nearly as good as the Roborocks (it uses a camera instead of LIDAR), but on the plus side, it does come with an auto emptying base.

The Shark Website has it for $450, but for whatever reason, they charge Canadians the US price in CAD. They also initially charged me tax, but removed it when the unit shipped. I signed up for their mailing list which get me a 10% coupon. Final price was $405 all in.
You will pay the HST to your courier when it clear Canada Customs.
Aug 17, 2008
27 posts
36 upvotes
Kitchener
raccoon wrote: You will pay the HST to your courier when it clear Canada Customs.
I didn't pay any additional taxes when I purchased my Shark stick vac a few weeks back.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4420 posts
1314 upvotes
I can confirm that my order was charged $404.46 via Paypal. The tax was removed. Shipped by FedEx
Last edited by Totoriko on Oct 24th, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2998 posts
768 upvotes
Toronto
Totoriko wrote: I can confirm that my order was charged $404.46 via Paypal. The tax was removed
When did you order, and did it ship? Was the tax charged initially or refunded after?
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4420 posts
1314 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote: When did you order, and did it ship? Was the tax charged initially or refunded after?
Ordered earlier this week (maybe Monday). Tax was included in the billing and paypal payment. Now on Paypal, the amount charged has changed
Jan 20, 2019
98 posts
182 upvotes
Hi Padlock, did you pay any custom duty? How Much? Thanks
padlock wrote: I didn't pay any additional taxes when I purchased my Shark stick vac a few weeks back.
Jan 2, 2009
173 posts
6 upvotes
Pembroke
i got my A9 few week ago ..I was very happy with it as it vacuum everyday ,,, until this morning .... it used to vacuum for close to 2 hr to do the house ... this morning 20 min then need to be recharge ... i will keep a eye in the next few days as i might have to return it if battery dont last ..
cheer