Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ILIFE A9 Panoramic Navigation Robot Vacuum Cleaner, with Wifi and Mapping $314.49

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2019 9:38 am
Mar 6, 2010
130 posts
133 upvotes
I have an iLife V5 and a Roomba 860. I much prefer the 860 over the V5. The 860's brush sucks up much more dirt than the V5.
Jan 25, 2018
23 posts
33 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: I have the iLife V5 and tbh it's crap. Can't set cleaning time, just cleans for over 2 hours till batteries run out. It pushes away at least 25% of the dirt in different directions, cannot set boundaries, already runs wobbly/shakey after less than a year and takes forever finding its station. It's just a dumb pos. Much prefer the Shark I had before.
guardiangod wrote: I have an iLife V5 and a Roomba 860. I much prefer the 860 over the V5. The 860's brush sucks up much more dirt than the V5.
The V5 just has the side brushes and the vacuum port. The A9 has a proper roller brush in the middle, so should do a better job picking things up. I've had the A4S for a couple years, which has the roller brush, and it does a good job. Ordered this A9 to see if it does a better job getting into a couple of the tight spots where the A4S doesn't bounce into all the time.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5053 posts
1869 upvotes
Got the original Xiaomi and i love it. It's on a schedule to run once a week and we manually run it every now and then. Considering getting the 2nd gen so we can have one on the upper floor. Just not sure if the mop function would be bad for hardwood.
May 22, 2014
266 posts
146 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
my robot vacuum always get stuck on/under stuff :( how do you deal with cables and wires?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3124 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
davidqbp wrote: my robot vacuum always get stuck on/under stuff :( how do you deal with cables and wires?
Get a mapping one that supports virtual no go lines in their app. Then you can draw as many as you need to avoid furniture or areas with cables.
Mar 13, 2006
463 posts
376 upvotes
Hotter deal if 8% can be applied from GCR: 8% Cash Back for purchases in the categories : Home, Apparel, ....
May 6, 2012
59 posts
44 upvotes
on the fence of getting one, how good is it before compared to now having a robo vacuum?
Jan 25, 2018
23 posts
33 upvotes
Robpepsi wrote: on the fence of getting one, how good is it before compared to now having a robo vacuum?
Compared to not having a robot vac? Depends on your household. We've got a cat, dog and 3 kids and laminate flooring and we could easily sweep/vacuum the floor every day before we got the robot vacuum. Now the robot runs every night while we sleep and we do a manual sweep or vacuum maybe once every week or 2 to get the corners and spots it might miss.
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1051 upvotes
How is this style of room mapping vs LIDAR mapping? Same accuracy or is LIDAR vastly superior?
How important is room mapping anyway? Most robo vacuums have those "smart AI route planning" tech that systematically goes through each room in a zig zag way instead of randomly bumping everywhere...
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3124 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
HailHydra wrote: How is this style of room mapping vs LIDAR mapping? Same accuracy or is LIDAR vastly superior?
How important is room mapping anyway? Most robo vacuums have those "smart AI route planning" tech that systematically goes through each room in a zig zag way instead of randomly bumping everywhere...
Robot vacuums can get stuck on certain pieces of furniture, just depends what you have in your home. Many of the mapping ones allow you to draw lines in the app to block off these trouble areas, something not possible with the random ones. They can also be a bit softer on your furniture as they see it as they approach and slow down. If you have a large floor plan you might need more than one run to complete, if it is a mapping robot it can recharge itself to a certain percentage and then head back out to where it left off to complete the remaining area.
Jun 28, 2013
183 posts
256 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: how would this do on shag like carpet?
Not sure about this ILife A9 however I have a roomba 650 and a high rise shag rug and it cannot clean it at all. Because of the high rise shag it thinks it's at the edge of the stairs (going to fall) so it won't do anything. Possible if you disable the falling sensors it might. Never bothered with it tho
Jun 28, 2013
183 posts
256 upvotes
davidqbp wrote: my robot vacuum always get stuck on/under stuff :( how do you deal with cables and wires?
Clear tape to the floor so it can run over it and not get stuck.
Dec 25, 2018
227 posts
367 upvotes
DavidC11126 wrote: Roborock S5? I've been following that one for a long time, but I can't justify the $699 price tag
Where can I buy the S5 in Canada (Toronto preferred)? Seems easy to get in USA and some other countries
Sep 15, 2011
972 posts
502 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
HailHydra wrote: The original one, very first one. Which can be bought for $340 on Aliexpress.
Do you mind linking where you can find it for $340 (specifically please, I can find it on Aliexpress but only for $400ish)? I'll pick up a second one for $340 (I adore my first one but want another for my second floor. Currently have a dumb bump and turn robo there and while it does pick stuff up, it's just an embarrassment compared to the Xioami)
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
1204 posts
193 upvotes
Richmond Hill
No Google assistant support?