Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ILIFE A9 Panoramic Navigation Robot Vacuum Cleaner, with Wifi and Mapping $314.49

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2019 9:38 am
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 15, 2016
6563 posts
2193 upvotes
Are there any with vacuum and mop with mapping? How good is the mopping?
Sr. Member
Dec 16, 2010
774 posts
672 upvotes
Canada
Anyone know where I can get a deal on the Xiaomi Roborock S5 or S6? They look amazing.

Thanks
Member
User avatar
Feb 28, 2012
222 posts
94 upvotes
Vaughan
PannTher wrote: Anyone know where I can get a deal on the Xiaomi Roborock S5 or S6? They look amazing.

Thanks
I got mine from this site last year:
https://www.lightinthebox.com/

I waited for an incredible deal and it was about $429 US at one point. It's more expensive now but it has been for a while. I really love it though. The suction is one of the best and the mapping is incredible. Zero regrets and would buy again.
Member
Dec 27, 2017
312 posts
127 upvotes
OK, so now I started to research these robot cleaners and my head is spinning....
Costco has the ECOVACS Deebot M88 for sale price: https://www.costco.ca/ECOVACS-DEEBOT-M8 ... 92830.html

We have a tile floor, no pets, kept pretty clean, yet my wife vacuums daily (don't ask!). Which would be the most suitable robot vacuum? I think one with mopping function would be welcome IF it works well. The attractiveness of buying from Costco is that it can go back easily as it will undergo quite a scrutiny at our house!

Thanks for any input.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2010
3229 posts
956 upvotes
Toronto
eljay0 wrote: OK, so now I started to research these robot cleaners and my head is spinning....
Costco has the ECOVACS Deebot M88 for sale price: https://www.costco.ca/ECOVACS-DEEBOT-M8 ... 92830.html

We have a tile floor, no pets, kept pretty clean, yet my wife vacuums daily (don't ask!). Which would be the most suitable robot vacuum? I think one with mopping function would be welcome IF it works well. The attractiveness of buying from Costco is that it can go back easily as it will undergo quite a scrutiny at our house!

Thanks for any input.
The downside of this one is that there is no mapping.
Member
Dec 27, 2017
312 posts
127 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote: The downside of this one is that there is no mapping.
True.
Does robot without mapping always bounce around or does it have any kind of concept of the operaring area/space?

That V8s linked earlier is nicely priced for a vacuum and mopping robot.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 22, 2005
20002 posts
5384 upvotes
Good Morning
Mapping and Wifi means nothing if the suction power is insufficient. I had a 6 year old Roomba that ate a cable and ruined the brush gears, so I bought an iLife vacuum, had tons of features but it didn't work as well.

I ended up buying replacement parts from Roombas official store and fixed it myself, and returned the iLife.
Newbie
Aug 30, 2009
96 posts
59 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
What are the best choices nowdays for the radar mapping, WiFi/app/virtual walls and good suction? Google Assistant integration is a bonus, but I'm not above using the app. I want to replace the ageing Neato.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1295 posts
1020 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Really want to buy this but not enough reviews to trust it yet.
Jr. Member
Jun 13, 2017
111 posts
52 upvotes
I've tried several of these robo vacs and I agree with most on here, it makes sense to get one that has virtual mapping. The one that I had the highest expectations for and was disappointed the most was a Roomba 980. It could barely make it over my kitchen rugs, it could only run with adequate light as its mapping is camera based so any dark areas and rugs seemed to be an issue.

I picked up a much cheaper Eufy 30c instead (no mapping though) and returned the Roomba. The Eufy performed way better even without mapping and it has decent suction (1500pa). I strongly recommend getting sensor based mapping vacs or a combo of sensor and camera mapping functionality.
Member
Jan 2, 2009
220 posts
17 upvotes
Pembroke
wildzero wrote: what's the suction on this one?
2 speed 500 and 1000 i also have my head spinning on witch one to get ..cheer
Member
Oct 6, 2010
257 posts
223 upvotes
Markham
jb10071 wrote: I got mine from this site last year:
https://www.lightinthebox.com/

I waited for an incredible deal and it was about $429 US at one point. It's more expensive now but it has been for a while. I really love it though. The suction is one of the best and the mapping is incredible. Zero regrets and would buy again.
Was this price for the s5 or s6? Trying to figure out what a good deal is.
Member
User avatar
Feb 28, 2012
222 posts
94 upvotes
Vaughan
photojunkie wrote: Was this price for the s5 or s6? Trying to figure out what a good deal is.
It was for the s5 since the s6 wasn't out yet. Prices have gone up though so I don't think it's a fair comparison to last year. I would just watch prices from now until black friday and you'll probably find a great deal.
Member
Dec 27, 2017
312 posts
127 upvotes
prodacc wrote: Just a heads up, some robot vacuum cleaners with mapping have it in their terms to upload the layout and timing of your house to their servers where they aggregate it and sell it to third parties. Heard it on Ashes Ashes podcast, no companies mentioned but something to be mindful of.
I wonder about this as well. Anything with an app and internet connection can collect a number of data points and these things even have cameras. So, one can wonder what gets recorded and sent somewhere.

Top