• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2018 6:15 pm
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
500 posts
1172 upvotes
Westmount, QC

[Amazon Canada] ILIFE V3s pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner $159.99

Back again. The popular robotic vacuum cleaner for pet hair is going for $40 off.

$159.99 after code 6JM6HGMZ. Usually $200.

So the product is tested and reliable. Recommended.
Images
  • 61DLXedJs+L._SL1000_.jpg
21 replies
Sep 6, 2011
170 posts
13 upvotes
Oakville
I don't have pet, can I use it as just a robotic vacuum cleaner, what's the different between this and $500 one
May 18, 2007
82 posts
103 upvotes
These cheaper ones get stuck easily and keep running until the battery is low. Also they won't be able to clean multi rooms properly and return to base because they don't have mapping technology. You would need to put it in each room and close the door, let it finish then do the same to the next room.

However cleaning wise they can be quite good if you don't care how long it takes because they go over the same spots multiple times with the semi random navigation.
Oct 8, 2009
988 posts
346 upvotes
Kitchener
Ethanz wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:43 pm
I don't have pet, can I use it as just a robotic vacuum cleaner, what's the different between this and $500 one
It doesn't have a roller bar, just an open chute that the dirt/hair goes into.

Look at the pics in the link.

We really like it as we don't have carpets and two big dogs. Picks up lots of hair.

Also other ppl are right these things are dumb, but do work quite well, if your expectations are realistic. It's not like you are buying a $500+ version.
Sep 15, 2011
801 posts
325 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
wonginator wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:50 pm
These cheaper ones get stuck easily and keep running until the battery is low. Also they won't be able to clean multi rooms properly and return to base because they don't have mapping technology. You would need to put it in each room and close the door, let it finish then do the same to the next room.

However cleaning wise they can be quite good if you don't care how long it takes because they go over the same spots multiple times with the semi random navigation.
Well, this isn't quite true - it can and does clean multiple rooms: With the caveat is that some of the time (roughly 50% in my experience) it doesn't find its way back to the base. I have one of these doing my basement, there are 3 rooms it's responsible for accounting for roughly 700 square feet. About half the time it makes it back to base. Regardless, it does pick up a decent amount every run - admittedly by no means is it a 100% coverage of the floor everyday. For the price, I'm extremely happy with it. I've got the Xiaomi vacuum upstairs, and clearly it's a whole lot better, but it's also nearly triple the price.
Sep 7, 2011
117 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Ethanz wrote:
if you have hardwood floor. I highly recommend this over others as it does the same quality job
Nov 30, 2016
127 posts
51 upvotes
I've been using this for about six months with no problems (hardwood floor, multiple rooms)
Aug 1, 2005
495 posts
60 upvotes
Any issues with hard floors with a couple low pile rugs with no frills on them. I don't expect it to get all the dog hair from the rugs, just run over them, collect the loose stuff and keep going.

How well does it do near walls and corners? Do you end up with hair clumps at the edge of the room?
Nov 25, 2015
11 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fiendy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:52 pm
Any issues with hard floors with a couple low pile rugs with no frills on them. I don't expect it to get all the dog hair from the rugs, just run over them, collect the loose stuff and keep going.

How well does it do near walls and corners? Do you end up with hair clumps at the edge of the room?
I have hard wood floors, with few rugs, a husky and ILIFE V5s, i am very happy how much fur it picks up. It doesn't leave clumps or piles near edges as the brushes help extend its reach, it does gets most of the sand as well. It gets about 50% of the fur from the carpets, having it run daily helps. My issue is that it fills up rather quickly depending on the pet you have as the bin is not that big. I rather purchase 2-3 cheaper units compared to one 500$ unit.
Dec 25, 2017
59 posts
7 upvotes
Winnipeg
Arrrg gg I hate this place ...just bought one. I was looking at the Xiaomi and the unit looks and reviews as being the best but, for $160 bucks I will try. Thanks to those of you that have both and suggest a good buy. Worst case senario I can use it downstairs if I opt for the Xiaomi V1.
Nov 4, 2016
490 posts
282 upvotes
I used to have high hopes for robot vacuums. And then I borrowed a iRobot to try. In just one use it left black marks all along the walls (our walls are white). And these black marks won't come off at all. Not really worth it being lazy and damage our walls.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Dec 25, 2017
59 posts
7 upvotes
Winnipeg
Well this one is white so marks not likely plus if you want to see marks get a 6yo kid like we have !
Nov 1, 2017
259 posts
70 upvotes
Ethanz wrote:
If you have the money, I'd definitely get the ecovac 95 for 409$ or the Xiaomi 360$.

I used this vacuum for about 3 days before returning it.

My floorplan is completely open so this vacuum just roams endlessly without cleaning everything. I had to baby it and move it around whenever it messed an area.

This thing is also slow

The xiaomi on the other hand, maps out my floor as it cleans and knows where it is on the map. Both the xiaomi and the r95 also have support for Alexia

My only con for the xiaomi, is that it rebuilds its map every run.

With the ecovac you can setup virtual walls thru the map, whereas the xiaomi requires magnetic tape.
Dec 25, 2017
59 posts
7 upvotes
Winnipeg
Xiaomi app has capability to set areas I read a little while back. Issue as far as Alexa is that skill available in Canada ? Also I am pondering cancelling this order as far as an extra 200 bucks I am going with the Xiaomi as there are just too many positive reviews and youtube positive reviews in comparing brands. Do you know where is a good place to get a Xiaomi seems Lightinthebox is best price as Amazon is around $520 cdn and at least I would get some support. Light in the box really has no customer service to even ask a question too so I cant imagine after purchase support or tracking.