Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ILIFE V5s Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner @ $199.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2019 3:11 am
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jun 10, 2015
278 posts
708 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Amazon.ca] ILIFE V5s Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner @ $199.99

Avalon Direct via Amazon has it's ILIFE V5s Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for $50 off. Love this price, picked up one.

$249.99 - $50 with code = $199.99

Promotion code: CFM84OPV

1) 2nd Gen Intelligent control water tank brings an auto damp mopping spa for hard floor only (wood tile marble laminate)
2) New powerful motor with max mode and pet hair technology picks up furs,debris,dust and dirty easily and efficiently
Images
  • 51pR4X0UZ7L._SL1000_.jpg
Last edited by Cramos10 on Mar 8th, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 24, 2007
1861 posts
439 upvotes
I've had the V5s pro for 3 years now, still solid as a rock. If you have hard floors, the mopping feature is a must. Use the machine everyday in certain areas such as kitchen and dining area. About every 2 weeks do a full vac sweep on whole place and then wet mop. Never needed to use a full size vac machine with this baby. Only bug I encountered is the vac function turns on when I choose the mopping function now. Prior if you put in the water tank the device is suppose to sense that and turn off vac suction. Not sure how to reset the machine.

Paid $200 back then from ********, seems the price is still the same. Well worth it, no more back breaking using stick mops nor vacs but it is dumb navigation, doesn't have room mapping nor algorithims. You need to use the remote to guide it to do an efficient job or it will pinball itself around the place.
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 6, 2019
70 posts
106 upvotes
astrotrain wrote: I've had the V5s pro for 3 years now, still solid as a rock. If you have hard floors, the mopping feature is a must. Use the machine everyday in certain areas such as kitchen and dining area. About every 2 weeks do a full vac sweep on whole place and then wet mop. Never needed to use a full size vac machine with this baby. Only bug I encountered is the vac function turns on when I choose the mopping function now. Prior if you put in the water tank the device is suppose to sense that and turn off vac suction. Not sure how to reset the machine.

Paid $200 back then from ********, seems the price is still the same. Well worth it, no more back breaking using stick mops nor vacs but it is dumb navigation, doesn't have room mapping nor algorithims. You need to use the remote to guide it to do an efficient job or it will pinball itself around the place.

Do you mean you have to be there when it's doing his thing or is it a one time thing ?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 4, 2006
2807 posts
643 upvotes
PvtMilhouse wrote: Do you mean you have to be there when it's doing his thing or is it a one time thing ?
I'd like to know this too...

If this is just a remote control vac where you have to tell it where to go every single time then I'm out...
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1362 posts
909 upvotes
Edmonton
If you have both carpet and hardwood, is it smart enough to know when it's on carpet and turn around when it's on mop mode?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 24, 2007
1861 posts
439 upvotes
PvtMilhouse wrote: Do you mean you have to be there when it's doing his thing or is it a one time thing ?
You can leave it alone and it will bounce around your housing to clean but you must clear obstructions like shoes, clothes, big rugs etc that can impede it. It will randomly clean roam around for 2 hrs or when the batt dies and it will try to find the charging base. But you will not know 100% if it thoroughly cleaned every part of the floor because it does not map the room like other more expensive units like Xiaomi or Roombas. It has a spot and edge cleaning function but that fails many times as a small obstruction when it is cleaning the edges of your house causes it to bounce around again forget to stick to the edge.

I found the most efficient cleaning method is the use the remote and guide it around each room and around furniture to make sure it cleans every section of the floor. More tedious but u get use to it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 24, 2007
1861 posts
439 upvotes
frozenmelon wrote: If you have both carpet and hardwood, is it smart enough to know when it's on carpet and turn around when it's on mop mode?
NO.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2789 upvotes
Washington, DC
Owned it for a few years, still works great.

$199 is the regular sale price every month though.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Newbie
Jan 27, 2019
9 posts
astrotrain wrote: You can leave it alone and it will bounce around your housing to clean but you must clear obstructions like shoes, clothes, big rugs etc that can impede it. It will randomly clean roam around for 2 hrs or when the batt dies and it will try to find the charging base. But you will not know 100% if it thoroughly cleaned every part of the floor because it does not map the room like other more expensive units like Xiaomi or Roombas. It has a spot and edge cleaning function but that fails many times as a small obstruction when it is cleaning the edges of your house causes it to bounce around again forget to stick to the edge.

I found the most efficient cleaning method is the use the remote and guide it around each room and around furniture to make sure it cleans every section of the floor. More tedious but u get use to it.
I got your point. I think I can manage it. Will be buying it
Jr. Member
Jan 21, 2018
171 posts
33 upvotes
Just picked up the A4s two days ago.... And Roomba 805 on the way too. Will see which one I'll keep.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)