Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Immortals Fenyx Rising $39.95 - Nintendo Switch, PS5, PS4, Xbox One

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 11:29 am
21 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15801 posts
7103 upvotes
London
Good game. Really underrated
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1135 posts
810 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
My daughter LOVES this game, said she actually prefers it to BOTW (I've not played to know for sure, but she was a huge BOTW fan so it came as a surprise)
Newbie
Aug 15, 2021
69 posts
40 upvotes
This is on sale digital on xbox canada; $31.99 for the series s/x and xbox one versions (I think that the physical disc is the same); it's not much difference but you could save almost $10 but you are stuck with it forever/won't be able to trade it. I'll have to try this game, but I want to wait until the 'gold' version with all the dlc is reasonably priced to play the whole game, I think it is $135
Member
User avatar
Oct 23, 2013
284 posts
339 upvotes
Calgary
Awesome game, especially for the Nintendo Switch. It’s like BOTW vs God of Wars with tons of hilarious stuff
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1175 posts
1163 upvotes
It's funny because all the people that tell you it's good game, never tell you the game is basically a bunch of puzzles.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 14, 2002
3459 posts
349 upvotes
Vancouver
Viper98 wrote: Good game. Really underrated
Yeah it always gets washed off as a BOTW clone but it's far more interesting than just that
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1645 posts
1261 upvotes
St Catharines
zylonite wrote: It's funny because all the people that tell you it's good game, never tell you the game is basically a bunch of puzzles.
Your point is?

Breath of the Wild’s shrines are basically the same thing, and people blow their Game of the Year load all over it constantly.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16523 posts
7151 upvotes
Toronto
zylonite wrote: It's funny because all the people that tell you it's good game, never tell you the game is basically a bunch of puzzles.
It starts out really fun but quickly gets repetitive. A lot of the puzzles are tedious and annoying.

The story is trash and the voice acting is terrible. For the above reasons I shelved the game and never finished it.

The game does have good elements like decent open world combat and a fun Zelda type atmosphere. But it's really the poor man's Zelda.

I would wait for $20. It was $39 on Black Friday 2020 so this is hardly a hot deal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6771 posts
2989 upvotes
Canada
It will get cheaper. If you haven't jumped in now, there's no compelling reason to not keep waiting. It's Ubisoft, it'll be $10 at some point.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16523 posts
7151 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote: It will get cheaper. If you haven't jumped in now, there's no compelling reason to not keep waiting. It's Ubisoft, it'll be $10 at some point.
Farcry 5 is $12 right now and I'm having way more fun with that than I did with Immortals. I realize though that Immortals is kid appropriate vs Far Cry and the many M rated games out there.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6771 posts
2989 upvotes
Canada
Kurtz7834 wrote: Farcry 5 is $12 right now and I'm having way more fun with that than I did with Immortals. I realize though that Immortals is kid appropriate vs Far Cry and the many M rated games out there.
Farcry 5 is amazingly good game. No regrets the time spent on that.
Newbie
May 25, 2020
11 posts
3 upvotes
This is also on sale for less at the Nintendo estore, $31.99 for the Switch version.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7368 posts
8049 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
How am I still the only downvote on this lol.

It's been dropping down to $39.99 with regularity since Boxing Day. It is annoying it hasn't dropped further but as pointed out, if you haven't gotten it yet you can still wait longer.

I bought the game off a guy on Kijiji for $30 and put a few hours into it, realized I didn't really like it, and sold it for the same price a few days later >_>
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 14, 2002
3459 posts
349 upvotes
Vancouver
chemicalxv wrote: How am I still the only downvote on this lol.

It's been dropping down to $39.99 with regularity since Boxing Day. It is annoying it hasn't dropped further but as pointed out, if you haven't gotten it yet you can still wait longer.

I bought the game off a guy on Kijiji for $30 and put a few hours into it, realized I didn't really like it, and sold it for the same price a few days later >_>
opinion vote
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7368 posts
8049 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
There's multiple people in this thread that have said essentially the exact same thing, just not chosen to downvote, so stuff it with this "opinion vote" thing.

It's actually been $39.99 just as often, if not more often, than it has been $79.99 the last few months. There's no way to argue this is a hot deal at this price at this point.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 14, 2002
3459 posts
349 upvotes
Vancouver
chemicalxv wrote: There's multiple people in this thread that have said essentially the exact same thing, just not chosen to downvote, so stuff it with this "opinion vote" thing.

It's actually been $39.99 just as often, if not more often, than it has been $79.99 the last few months. There's no way to argue this is a hot deal at this price at this point.
---
"I bought the game off a guy on Kijiji for $30 and put a few hours into it, realized I didn't really like it, and sold it for the same price a few days later"
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 9, 2011
51 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
daddyho24 wrote: Your point is?

Breath of the Wild’s shrines are basically the same thing, and people blow their Game of the Year load all over it constantly.
One is Breath of The Wild and the other is Ubisoft open world game #755702505702570
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7368 posts
8049 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
SuSHi wrote: ---
"I bought the game off a guy on Kijiji for $30 and put a few hours into it, realized I didn't really like it, and sold it for the same price a few days later"
Congrats for being literate.

My reason for saying this isn't a hot deal has nothing to do with my opinion of the game.

This is why it's not a hot deal

Image
Image

(I actually forgot Walmart dropped it to $29.96 for a few days lmfao)
Member
User avatar
Mar 30, 2008
415 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
I enjoyed the first 10 hours but I still couldn't get used to the the button assignment. I tried customizing the layout but it's a puzzle in itself lol.

I feel like the developer's aim was to design a button layout so any action can be done with a single key/key combo (and there's a lot of actions) but this means any control customization have cascading effects.

/rant

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)