Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Immortals Fenyx Rising - $39.99 (All Platforms)

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2021 2:54 am
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 31, 2017
38 posts
47 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Immortals Fenyx Rising - $39.99 (All Platforms)

I played the demo and the game is pretty fun. It might go lower because it’s a Ubisoft game, but $39.99 for the PS5 physical copy is a fair price. I linked the PS4 version but PS5, Switch, and Xbox copies are also on sale.
30 replies
Member
User avatar
Jul 3, 2002
255 posts
46 upvotes
Good price for a good game.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8450 posts
5289 upvotes
Toronto
Is this game actually any good? It looks like a reskinned cartoony Assassins Creed Odyssey and exactly like typical Ubisoft junk that will be $10-20 if not free in no time
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
4933 posts
3313 upvotes
Toronto and London
A fun game in the same breadth as BOTW aesthetically speaking.
Member
Jun 4, 2011
374 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: Is this game actually any good? It looks like a reskinned cartoony Assassins Creed Odyssey and exactly like typical Ubisoft junk that will be $10-20 if not free in no time
Its more of an Ubisoft Breath of the Wild, but I have heard some good things, not amazing things but people seem to enjoy it. Ubisoft games will always get cheaper with time so you may as well wait if you are not in any rush.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5391 posts
2440 upvotes
Ancaster
ReeGee wrote: Is this game actually any good? It looks like a reskinned cartoony Assassins Creed Odyssey and exactly like typical Ubisoft junk that will be $10-20 if not free in no time
It's AC meets Breath of the Wild. The game starts off pretty good, but I found it grated on me after a while. I think at $20 it's a fair price.
Newbie
Mar 8, 2016
54 posts
44 upvotes
Bought this game recently on a whim and put in a solid 60 hours into it. Really fun with polished mechanics and an enjoyable combat system.

It's much more than the BoTW clone some people akin it to. Map is dense and diverse with lots of fun content to stumble into with lots of fun and engaging puzzles.

Solid 9/10 game for me and one of Ubisoft's best recent games.
Member
Nov 30, 2009
270 posts
347 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
I got it at this price about a month after the PS5 launched, and I would recommend waiting until it's in that $10-20 range if you're really interested in a BotW knockoff. It has some nice visuals but the story is constantly ruined by narration and cutscenes filled with repeatedly failing attempts at comedy, many of these cutscenes are un-skippable, and the gameplay is very repetitive. They give you an island to explore and discover but then implement a mechanic that lets you scout out and pinpoint every location in the game ahead of time. The only time I've thought about the game since December was when I checked how much is was worth trading in last week. ($17)
Newbie
Jul 5, 2016
19 posts
10 upvotes
The Game has a pretty good Combat Mechanic.
My Short Review

Pros:
Open world
Packed with Side quests and Chests
You have to Look for stuff
Over Leveling Extra level = Over Leveling beyond maximum.
Dialogue is pretty funny.
Combat is great.
Combat is strung together in Puzzles Requiring you to master how to use em together. Ex. Dash, Fly, Spin, to get somewhere you are not supposed to be.
Progression is quick if you gather stuff on your way to missions.
Graphics are more colourful than AC or BoW
Fashion souls.
Long game.

Cons:
Equipment kinda sucks when you find one that is OP
There's like 6 or 8 different side mission types. (But are strung together differently) Ex. Unlock this to do side mission type 1
OCD
No Map Reveal to double check POIs
Story is basic
def not 60fps on ps5 performance mode 1080p
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9254 posts
3768 upvotes
Zelda Breath of the Wild is a much better game but Immortals Fenyx Rising is still a good one.

The quality of the puzzles become long winded and less fun as the game progresses in Fenyx,
so that's where the comparisons to one of the GoaTs like Zelda Breath of the Wild stops.
Puzzles in Zelda are a lot more fun to do, where the quality of Fenyx dengeon puzzles can get grating.

Compared to Zelda, Immortals is more like a puzzle game but with combat/exploration elements on the side.
Zelda has much better boss battles and combat encounters. It is easy to become overpowered in Fenyx.

Overall, 7.7 - 8/10 for Immortal Fenyx Rising about right IMO.

There are some horrible voice acting hires for Fenyx, like Aphrodite, who sounds way off.
AudiEH4 wrote: Bought this game recently on a whim and put in a solid 60 hours into it. Really fun with polished mechanics and an enjoyable combat system.

It's much more than the BoTW clone some people akin it to. Map is dense and diverse with lots of fun content to stumble into with lots of fun and engaging puzzles.

Solid 9/10 game for me and one of Ubisoft's best recent games.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Mar 11th, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14317 posts
4812 upvotes
Toronto
Decent game, but the puzzle solving dungeons get tedious and there is not enough variety of tasks. The story and voice acting is also horrible.

I would suggest waiting for this one to get cheaper.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4656 posts
4449 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I'm kind of surprised it isn't cheaper now considering they already put it on sale for this price for Boxing Day.

Also that time when I ordered it off Amazon, they sent the package to Calgary instead of Winnipeg so whichever company they use for last mile shipping there just RTS'd it and Amazon automatically refunded it and I never got my game.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5391 posts
2440 upvotes
Ancaster
Kurtz7834 wrote: Decent game, but the puzzle solving dungeons get tedious and there is not enough variety of tasks. The story and voice acting is also horrible.

I would suggest waiting for this one to get cheaper.
Exactly. I just straight up got tired of the puzzles. It is a great game though for younger kids (my 12 year old nephew loved it) and it gives them plenty of content to churn through.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3390 posts
1194 upvotes
Montreal
this game on the PS5 version doesn't even look next gen at all... a bit false advertisement
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4656 posts
4449 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I just checked and this game is $25 USD (~$31 CAD) at GameStop today for a new copy.

We're getting ripped off!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 9, 2003
17653 posts
680 upvotes
Neeroke wrote: The Game has a pretty good Combat Mechanic.
My Short Review

Pros:
Open world
Packed with Side quests and Chests
You have to Look for stuff
Over Leveling Extra level = Over Leveling beyond maximum.
Dialogue is pretty funny.
Combat is great.
Combat is strung together in Puzzles Requiring you to master how to use em together. Ex. Dash, Fly, Spin, to get somewhere you are not supposed to be.
Progression is quick if you gather stuff on your way to missions.
Graphics are more colourful than AC or BoW
Fashion souls.
Long game.

Cons:
Equipment kinda sucks when you find one that is OP
There's like 6 or 8 different side mission types. (But are strung together differently) Ex. Unlock this to do side mission type 1
OCD
No Map Reveal to double check POIs
Story is basic
def not 60fps on ps5 performance mode 1080p
Pretty decent review. I'm pretty sure it is 60 fps on ps5 though.
Banned
User avatar
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
508 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Finally finished Ghost of Tsushima. maybe continue with Persona 5 Royal... this one may be after?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5732 posts
3967 upvotes
M-Arkham
Beat the game before christmas, and it was a pretty fun game., time with it was pretty enjoyable, but people are right, the later puzzles do become more of a torture rather then it being fun.

Im pretty sure ubisoft did not expect this game to do this well.

RoyF482 wrote: Finally finished Ghost of Tsushima. maybe continue with Persona 5 Royal... this one may be after?

Persona 5 Royal is going to take your 100+ hrs if you really want to complete almost everything
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2005
10083 posts
2033 upvotes
Victoria
tarushin wrote: this game on the PS5 version doesn't even look next gen at all... a bit false advertisement
I thought it looked pretty good on my ps5? Was definitely 60fps and the graphics looked pretty damn good?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3390 posts
1194 upvotes
Montreal
zod wrote: I thought it looked pretty good on my ps5? Was definitely 60fps and the graphics looked pretty damn good?
perhaps i'm too picky the world of fenyx rising gives me world of Warcraft cartoonish vibes lol

Top