Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

[Indigo.ca as well] Countless "______________ For Dummies" series books on sale for +/- 50% off

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2021 12:50 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 1, 2019
580 posts
2216 upvotes
Smithers, BC

[Amazon.ca] [Indigo.ca as well] Countless "______________ For Dummies" series books on sale for +/- 50% off

EDIT: Indigo also has many title on similar/lower sale price. Indigo link here.

Too many too list, can't find an "official sale" page or anything, but if you click the link, or search "for dummies", you'll find that the vast majority are heavily discounted. Maybe you'll find one useful for you?

If you'd like, post finds that you think might be especially appreciated, and I'll add to OP.
Clingon wrote: Good stuff: some that I got were Quantum Physics, Chemistry, Physics I, Physics II, Spanish ($4!), I was buying away like an excited eighth-grader.
ceekay69 wrote: The calculus for dummies book saved me in college, highly recommended.
NiksG99Boi wrote: Picked up Project Management, Investing for Canadians All-in-One, Thermodynamics, and Quantum Mechanics.
Last edited by briand1989 on Oct 6th, 2021 10:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
33 replies
Member
Jan 13, 2018
255 posts
476 upvotes
OP, if I could, I'd give you 10 upvotes. Good stuff: some that I got were Quantum Physics, Chemistry, Physics I, Physics II, Spanish ($4!), I was buying away like an excited eighth-grader.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
7202 posts
8916 upvotes
Scarbs
Clingon wrote: OP, if I could, I'd give you 10 upvotes. Good stuff: some that I got were Quantum Physics, Chemistry, Physics I, Physics II, Spanish ($4!), I was buying away like an excited eighth-grader.
Someone might finally build an RFD time machine! But the interface will be in spanish =(
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2012
728 posts
910 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks! Picked up how to fix everything. Maybe I can learn a thing or two for stuff around the house
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 21, 2010
5398 posts
5450 upvotes
Edmonton
I bought two of these in the stocks/investment category and they are useful as a starting point. However, they are terribly long and redundant. They give 30 pages of information in 300 pages. Over and over and over they tell you why it's important to learn what they are going to teach you, instead of just teaching you.

So yeah if you're not a dummy, buy a more substantive book in your topic of interest. My 2 cents.
Last edited by fatestkid on Oct 6th, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Member
Jul 29, 2016
209 posts
181 upvotes
Selling on Amazon For Dummies goes on sale on Amazon.
That's funny.
Newbie
User avatar
May 8, 2010
48 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
Indigo also some titles at 50% which I noticed weren't on sale at amazon.ca
Newbie
Jan 20, 2017
52 posts
367 upvotes
Thanks OP. These are awesome stocking stuffer for co workers.
PC: Pentium II 200MHz with MMX, 64mb RAM
Phone: Nokia 3310 GSM
Car: 2001 Toyota RAV4 Limited Edition
Jr. Member
May 11, 2014
134 posts
73 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
The calculus for dummies book saved me in college, highly recommended.
Newbie
Apr 27, 2021
79 posts
154 upvotes
Felt like a kid in a candy store. Picked up Project Management, Investing for Canadians All-in-One, Thermodynamics, and Quantum Mechanics.
Now gotta figure out when I'm gonna read these!
Thanks a lot OP! Really appreciate it!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4933 posts
6139 upvotes
Perhaps is a good time to write up a "RFDs for Dummies" book... :twisted:
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
116 posts
41 upvotes
St. John's
Thanks for the Indigo tip!

Ordered four Dummies books …cheaper than Amazon
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 1, 2019
580 posts
2216 upvotes
Smithers, BC
darknin wrote: Indigo also some titles at 50% which I noticed weren't on sale at amazon.ca
roundheadkid wrote: Thanks for the Indigo tip!

Ordered four Dummies books …cheaper than Amazon
Added Indigo link to the OP, thanks for the heads up!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 15, 2015
2604 posts
2534 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just borrow these books from your local library for free
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16523 posts
7151 upvotes
Toronto
Alekxqin wrote: Just borrow these books from your local library for free
That's what I was thinking. But I guess 50% off is a good deal if you want to own the books.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7540 posts
8112 upvotes
Vancouver
KravenHead wrote: Perhaps is a good time to write up a "RFDs for Dummies" book... :twisted:
There's definitely a need - there's a lot of dummies out there! :)

Something to include the informal rules, with chapters like:

- Search first, post later.
- Price in title.
- Seems like a price error? DON'T CALL!!!
- Nobody wants to hear about you buying 10 to resell on Kijiji.
- Don't engage with trolls
- Don't speculate on the personal background or motives of other posters. You are almost certain to be wrong.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16523 posts
7151 upvotes
Toronto
fatestkid wrote: I bought two of these in the stocks/investment category and they are useful as a starting point. However, they are terribly long and redundant. They give 30 pages of information in 300 pages. Over and over and over they tell you why it's important to learn what they are going to teach you, instead of just teaching you.

So yeah if you're not a dummy, buy a more substantive book in your topic of interest. My 2 cents.
Each of these books is written by a unique author. Some are great, some aren't. YMMV.

Globe and Mail and their Report on Business section (especially Rob Carrick's columns) is the best information I have seen for real world investing.

Top