• Jan 18th, 2009 2:17 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2004
1086 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca - Infinite Undiscovery 37.99

[rfdlink=3]Amazon.ca's[/rfdlink] having it at 37.99, if you pad another 2.01 on to it and use the code, another 10 off.

Bestbuy and FS both also have the game for 39.99
and Last Remnant for 39.99

If walmart has it, and you're hurting for an JRPG.. might want to PM and give these games a go.
16 replies
Banned
Dec 10, 2008
141 posts
9 upvotes
Product link to Infinite Undiscovery Xbox

Everything @ amazon is on sale with the -10$ coupon..

---

"Being frugal does not mean being cheap!
It means being economical and avoiding waste."
Catherine Pulsifer
Apr 5, 2008
15 posts
Calgary, Alberta
Terrible game. I bought it when it first came out cause it looked good, and thought, "hey it a Square enix game, gotta be good"... Wrong, I can't even get motivated to play past the first hour. Dull battles, dull story, cutscenes that should be voiced aren't (seems like 1/3 are). Feels like a like the production values are low, especially for square. I'd play the original xbox360/ps3 sonic the hedgehogbefore this if I could go back. lol, just my opinion.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7421 posts
534 upvotes
Vancouver
Very few of the cutscenes are unvoiced from what I've seen. Just at the final boss right now. It's enjoyable enough for a $20 or $30 game I'd say. Has some really awesome ideas that are marred by some technical issues and boneheaded moves here and there.
Dec 27, 2003
792 posts
70 upvotes
Firestorm wrote: Very few of the cutscenes are unvoiced from what I've seen. Just at the final boss right now. It's enjoyable enough for a $20 or $30 game I'd say. Has some really awesome ideas that are marred by some technical issues and boneheaded moves here and there.
Pretty much.

Just don't go in expecting it to blow you away and you might like it...or not. :razz: That and pay attention to every little detail they tell you of the mechanics of the game or else you'll get lost in certain spots.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2423 posts
621 upvotes
London
bleh when will an actually good rpg drop in cost? *COUGH Valkyria Chronicles COUGH*
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2004
1086 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
Firestorm wrote: Very few of the cutscenes are unvoiced from what I've seen. Just at the final boss right now. It's enjoyable enough for a $20 or $30 game I'd say. Has some really awesome ideas that are marred by some technical issues and boneheaded moves here and there.
Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews from customers.
So far more good then bad.

brucedlx wrote: bleh when will an actually good rpg drop in cost? *COUGH Valkyria Chronicles COUGH*
Hopefully by the time I actually pick up a PS3!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7421 posts
534 upvotes
Vancouver
brucedlx wrote: bleh when will an actually good rpg drop in cost? *COUGH Valkyria Chronicles COUGH*
Good luck with that. I got mine through Rogers, but my friend and I looked through 6 or so stores before we actually found a copy at EB for $69.99. I think it's already out of print. Best Buy has 0 nation-wide. Future Shop only checked the province for me. 2 in Nanaimo, sold out everywhere else. Something tells me they won't be receiving any more either.

Amazon.ca is also sold out and has been for a while.

Also, Tales of Vesperia was cheaper on Amazon.com does that count as cheap in price (cuz we all know Vesperia is awesome and qualifies under good rpg). Oh and The Last Remnant (good if you install it from what I hear) and Lost Odyssey have both had price drops!
Dec 13, 2006
549 posts
65 upvotes
madtor wrote: Product link to Infinite Undiscovery Xbox

Everything @ amazon is on sale with the -10$ coupon..

---
Even with $10 coupon, Amazon is still making money which explains the coupon is still running. I bought PS3 NHL 09 for $56.99 ($46.99 after coupon), and the game drops to $29.99 on boxing week. I still kept the game, but I wonder how much "Profit" the retailers make on every game. Guessing original cost is under $10 per game, and they make 3X to 5X profit per game.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7421 posts
534 upvotes
Vancouver
bernier26 wrote: Even with $10 coupon, Amazon is still making money which explains the coupon is still running. I bought PS3 NHL 09 for $56.99 ($46.99 after coupon), and the game drops to $29.99 on boxing week. I still kept the game, but I wonder how much "Profit" the retailers make on every game. Guessing original cost is under $10 per game, and they make 3X to 5X profit per game.
XD Hell no. They make about $5 - $12 on every game. When they sell at $29.99 they are selling at a loss. With the $10 coupon they lose on almost every order of a game. Especially considering a lot of their games are already 10% off making profit margins VERY thin.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2423 posts
621 upvotes
London
Firestorm wrote: Good luck with that. I got mine through Rogers, but my friend and I looked through 6 or so stores before we actually found a copy at EB for $69.99. I think it's already out of print. Best Buy has 0 nation-wide. Future Shop only checked the province for me. 2 in Nanaimo, sold out everywhere else. Something tells me they won't be receiving any more either.

Amazon.ca is also sold out and has been for a while.

Also, Tales of Vesperia was cheaper on Amazon.com does that count as cheap in price (cuz we all know Vesperia is awesome and qualifies under good rpg). Oh and The Last Remnant (good if you install it from what I hear) and Lost Odyssey have both had price drops!
wth how is this game, an amazing game, out of print, and yet sonic the hedgehog is platinum hits or w/e and in every single bargain bin????? It just came out recently but it seems you're right, it indeed is impossible to find.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2003
1336 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
is Last Remnant out of print too? it isn't on amazon.ca site. was it ever?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2004
1086 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
Ryu69 wrote: is Last Remnant out of print too? it isn't on amazon.ca site. was it ever?
I'm pretty sure Last Remnant was never on Amazon.ca
But you can pick it up at 39.99 at Futureshop/BB atm.
They have a sale for this week I assume?

Also, I was about to pick up Last Remnant, but because of the harsh reviews on it. I decided against it, and just wait for Star Ocean which comes out soon? I think..

Can't wait for FF13 though!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
3406 posts
43 upvotes
London
Very good game with some technical issues. Would still prefer to wait for FF13. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1249 posts
243 upvotes
I have Valkyria Chronicles right now and it is a strategy RPG. If you are looking for a typical fantasy RPG, this is not it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7421 posts
534 upvotes
Vancouver
jaemes wrote: I'm pretty sure Last Remnant was never on Amazon.ca
But you can pick it up at 39.99 at Futureshop/BB atm.
They have a sale for this week I assume?

Also, I was about to pick up Last Remnant, but because of the harsh reviews on it. I decided against it, and just wait for Star Ocean which comes out soon? I think..

Can't wait for FF13 though!
The reviews might have been overly harsh. The ones who played it love it. The biggest issue reviewers had were technical issues, but apparently saving the game to your hard drive fixes a lot of it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2004
1086 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
Firestorm wrote: The reviews might have been overly harsh. The ones who played it love it. The biggest issue reviewers had were technical issues, but apparently saving the game to your hard drive fixes a lot of it.
I went a head and bought Last Remnant :S
Oh well, I hope you're right about the hard drive fix Firestorm :)