[Amazon.ca] Inflatable Sleeping Pad for Camping - 28$

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2019 12:28 am
[OP]
Nov 5, 2018
301 posts
240 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Inflatable Sleeping Pad for Camping - 28$

With summer right around the corner I've been looking for camping gear.

Ended up finding this pad, there's a code on the page that gives 50% off the orange one. I'll try it out when it comes, there's no blowing it up required which seems pretty interesting.

The code is: V9QLP9SA

https://www.amazon.ca/Inflatable-Sleepi ... B07PPQXVDX
Images
  • Capture.JPG
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3352 posts
1422 upvotes
Vancouver
You do have to blow it up, but it looks like it's via a built-in hand pump. I dunno -- I'm leery of these no-names as it is, but now they're introducing another part to break.
Mar 25, 2009
968 posts
490 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting design. Not sure about reliability.
Mar 2, 2008
988 posts
1366 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
Obviously all paid reviews too. Pass.
Mar 23, 2008
171 posts
82 upvotes
Halifax
In for two. If they are no good Amazon returns are very easy....
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1553 posts
1965 upvotes
brghunter wrote: Obviously all paid reviews too. Pass.
Obviously how? Because you say so? They are verified purchases and include pictures. People here are so bloody paranoid.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1588 posts
841 upvotes
limit 1 and only works with the orange one
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2762 posts
1430 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: there's no blowing it up required
That is typical with name brand pads too - Therm-a-rest is probably the best known brand. Just open the valve and they mostly inflate, then add a couple puffs of air to get it to your desired firmness.

Note that you can get brand name pads at sportchek for not that much more (especially if you buy gcs for 15 or 20% off) and Costco sells an offbrand for around $30 if i remember correctly.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1897 posts
340 upvotes
"#1 Best Seller in Self-Inflating Camping Pads"

And it isn't self-inflating. Love the photoshopped lifestyle images.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1876 posts
2083 upvotes
BC
User381785 wrote: Obviously how? Because you say so? They are verified purchases and include pictures. People here are so bloody paranoid.
All 11 reviews have been posted within the last 2 weeks. CCC shows as it only being listed for ~2 weeks. So even if these people ordered it on the day it debuted (when the Klymit Static V was on sale for the same price), they reviewed it the next day? With photos? All 5 stars? No "haven't used it, showed up quick tho" type comments yet? Not a single review saying "the valve is ****, can't figure it out"? I'll agree these reviews look paid for.

Doubtful that even if these are real reviews, anyone could comment on the build quality or durability as camping season has barely started.
Last edited by mikebc on May 5th, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 7, 2014
20 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
The code doesn't work to me.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2006
1434 posts
235 upvotes
Ottawa
mikebc wrote: All 11 reviews have been posted within the last 2 weeks. CCC shows as it only being listed for ~2 weeks. So even if these people ordered it on the day it debuted (when the Klymit Static V was on sale for the same price), they reviewed it the next day? With photos? All 5 stars? No "haven't used it, showed up quick tho" type comments yet? Not a single review saying "the valve is ****, can't figure it out"? I'll agree these reviews look paid for.

Doubtful that even if these are real reviews, anyone could comment on the build quality or durability as camping season has barely started.
Yup 100%.
Now that you said so, sellers will change their marketing campaign tactics. I saw other sellers who posted a review on a daily basis for 2 weeks. Months later negative reviews showed up from real buyers (incl me). Shortly later the product is no longer fulfilled by amazon ( since they allow returns). Then seller posts the product as a new product slightly different name with a new campaign of 5 star reviews. Some reviews share the same words,grammar mistakes, awkward expressions due to poor google translation. And so on.
Apr 13, 2009
360 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
2 inch thick is almost like sleeping on the ground