• Sep 21st, 2020 11:31 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1063 posts
685 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.ca] Inkbird BBQ (smoker) temperature controller (ISC-007BW) now $185

Found a deal on Amazon on a bbq temperature controller made by Inkbird. Looks like a really new product, so no reviews on it.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08DNB1H8V

It's $280 which is already significantly cheaper than the CyberQ (and even the bbq guru), but there's a $55 coupon and additional 5% off promo code 'NDC88SD5' (applies to the full price), bringing it down to $211.
Their temp probes are quite highly regarded, so I threw the dice and ordered.

Edit: coupon is now $80 off, making it $185 after 5% promo code
Last edited by Strider on Sep 14th, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
141 replies
May 29, 2006
58 posts
22 upvotes
Any idea if this will work for a Broil King Keg? Based off the pictures it doesn't look like it will be able to adapt to the lower BKK air vent.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3158 posts
1209 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought. Have the thermoworks signals and the Fireboard2. Let's see how this does.. Issue with those is lots of crap to plug in, power etc. Cables hanging everywhere like a science experiment.
This looks like one and done.. But hey who knows.
Dec 5, 2015
523 posts
573 upvotes
Verdun, QC
shylok wrote: Bought. Have the thermoworks signals and the Fireboard2. Let's see how this does.. Issue with those is lots of crap to plug in, power etc. Cables hanging everywhere like a science experiment.
This looks like one and done.. But hey who knows.
That why I got the Party Q. Cheap, reliable, battery operated. That plus a wifi thermometer is all you need.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3158 posts
1209 upvotes
Ottawa
tark514 wrote: That why I got the Party Q. Cheap, reliable, battery operated. That plus a wifi thermometer is all you need.
Thing is I want the fan control. I can't remember if the partyq supports.. I remember reading on it in a review.

Irony is Bluetooth or wifi doesn't work well on either units unless you fiddle w them. Drops connections etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1424 posts
448 upvotes
I'm tempted. But what happens if the company/app goes under? Is it useless?
Mar 14, 2013
394 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Use code W8VHH9PO for 10% off instead of 5% :)
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1424 posts
448 upvotes
btwitsmatt wrote: Use code W8VHH9PO for 10% off instead of 5% :)
Thanks! That extra 5% sealed the deal for me!
Dec 5, 2015
523 posts
573 upvotes
Verdun, QC
shylok wrote: Thing is I want the fan control. I can't remember if the partyq supports.. I remember reading on it in a review.

Irony is Bluetooth or wifi doesn't work well on either units unless you fiddle w them. Drops connections etc.
Not sure what you mean with fan control. The unit kick on or off depending on temp of the BBQ. There is no controling the temperature remotely but I don't ever use that anyway. I set at 225-250 and just leave it there. Battery is really key because in winter it's a pain to plug anything.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3158 posts
1209 upvotes
Ottawa
tark514 wrote: Not sure what you mean with fan control. The unit kick on or off depending on temp of the BBQ. There is no controling the temperature remotely but I don't ever use that anyway. I set at 225-250 and just leave it there. Battery is really key because in winter it's a pain to plug anything.
How much was it? How long does battery last? Seems awesome and compact.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2929 posts
1412 upvotes
West Coast
Wondering how this might work for leaning out the mood swings in my electric smoker.

Run the smoker itself a bit lower than desired temp and then let the airflow of this controller keep it more consistent and minimize the highs and lows I'm currently having.

Hmmm
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Dec 5, 2015
523 posts
573 upvotes
Verdun, QC
shylok wrote: How much was it? How long does battery last? Seems awesome and compact.
I think I paid 150$ or so. The battery depends on outside temperature and type of battery but I've done a good 9 hours at -15⁰c without any issues.

It's really a set and forget solution. I will admit that if I have a easy access outlet I would have maybe looked more into a full solution product like the one OP posted.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3226 posts
1254 upvotes
Airdrie
Dang, I just spent $75 on the Inkbird 6-probe thermometer. This'll have to wait.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3226 posts
1254 upvotes
Airdrie
Double dang. Aforementioned thermometer is now $72.24 - $6 coupon = $66.24. Regular price is $84.99, usually has a $5 or $6 coupon available.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07R9RLR11/ref ... ljaz10cnVl
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert