Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Inkbird BBQ (smoker) temperature controller (ISC-007BW) now $185

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 11:31 am
Jan 15, 2017
30 posts
9 upvotes
mine arrived today - won't be able to test it out for a while though...
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14500 posts
7412 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
After some jury-rigging, I was finally able to connect mine to my Vision Grill. I'm currently smoking some chilpotle peppers to tie me over the Winter. One thing I found out is that that in the default hardware configuration, I cannot keep the temperature below 220F even after I almost completely close the top vent - ie enough air leaks through the fan assembly to keep the temperature high enough. I applied some masking tape to cover 3/4 of the fan opening and that seems to block out enough air to low the temperatures to about 190F which is where I want it to be,
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1141 posts
803 upvotes
VANCOUVER
craftsman wrote: After some jury-rigging, I was finally able to connect mine to my Vision Grill. I'm currently smoking some chilpotle peppers to tie me over the Winter. One thing I found out is that that in the default hardware configuration, I cannot keep the temperature below 220F even after I almost completely close the top vent - ie enough air leaks through the fan assembly to keep the temperature high enough. I applied some masking tape to cover 3/4 of the fan opening and that seems to block out enough air to low the temperatures to about 190F which is where I want it to be,
We talking about the 190 F at the grate right?

I've settled into my happy place. I'm okay with 275 at the grate which is like 225 dome for me. But my diffuser is arriving today so I'm sure that'll jiggle the equation a bit.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1141 posts
803 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I'm throwing away my case. It's a nice case so if anyone in Vancouver wants a second one, let me know within the next few days. Free of course.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14500 posts
7412 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
b31770 wrote: We talking about the 190 F at the grate right?

I've settled into my happy place. I'm okay with 275 at the grate which is like 225 dome for me. But my diffuser is arriving today so I'm sure that'll jiggle the equation a bit.
Yes as the probe is connected to the grate. The funny thing is that the probe's temperature reading at the grate agrees with the built-in thermometer of the grill that is mounted in the lid.

275F at the grate is too hot to make chilpotles. It has to be cooler... in the 190s.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14500 posts
7412 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
b31770 wrote: I'm throwing away my case. It's a nice case so if anyone in Vancouver wants a second one, let me know within the next few days. Free of course.
Post it on Craigslist... I'm sure someone may want it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1060 posts
677 upvotes
Calgary
Did a longer cook.
inkbird brisket cook.png

19lb brisket on my 18" WSM. Held pretty stable for 12 hours before it started to run out of fuel. Finished the last 3 hours wrapped in the oven.
Could it done just as well without the controller? Maybe. But for the low investment, I like the set it and forget it reassurance.

I have a few questions that I'll post in the BBQ/smoking thread.