[Amazon.ca] Inkbird Four-probe Bluetooth Meat Thermometer - $52.49

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 10:38 pm
[OP]
Nov 8, 2008
433 posts
485 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Inkbird Four-probe Bluetooth Meat Thermometer - $52.49

Starting to gear up for BBQ season and was looking for a good meat thermometer when I saw that this seller has 30% off with code C2IT8REH on this unit: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B076SH6YW7

Rechargeable battery (still works while charging) and a reasonably full-featured app with Hi/Lo alarms and temperature graphs. Reviews seem pretty good and comes with four probes - which I probably will never use simultaneously, but it's nice to have spares.

Fulfilled by Amazon with one day shipping, so I'll update once I receive it.
12 replies
[OP]
Nov 8, 2008
433 posts
485 upvotes
FYI received it this morning - it's quite well made, played around with the app a bit and it was easy to set up on Bluetooth. Alarm goes off on the unit itself in addition to the app. Display is actually larger than I expected. Range seems to go from my deck into my kitchen without issue (~30-50 ft through a wall) so I'm quite happy with that.
Apr 21, 2017
217 posts
104 upvotes
Chelsea
Thanks OP, picked one up at that price !
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8167 posts
2682 upvotes
I bought this back in May for full price. Oh well, it works great, I use it all the time.

I did a couple of pork shoulders last weekend, and giant turkey breast, and often do 2x whole chickens at the same time.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3142 posts
1653 upvotes
Fate wrote: Does it work?
There was a problem.
The promotional code you entered is not recognized
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1119 posts
388 upvotes
flyer12 wrote: There was a problem.
The promotional code you entered is not recognized
so...yes, it's expired.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5116 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto
Do you put all probes into the same piece of meat?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1009 posts
741 upvotes
VANCOUVER
fightbriz wrote: Do you put all probes into the same piece of meat?
You could probe the meat 4 times, but I'd imagine it would be wiser to use a single probe in the most appropriate place?
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3200 posts
1211 upvotes
Airdrie
Dang I've been watching this for a couple weeks now.

1 probe is for measuring grill temperature. The other 3, I guess you could measure 3 places in a big cut? or 3 different pieces of meat at once.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5248 posts
1591 upvotes
The use case for four different probes is for when you're doing something like smoking. Smokers have a large capacity, and allow you to cook multiple cuts of multiple meats simulatneously. So you could have ribs in there, wings, a whole chicken, a brisket, etc. Or four cuts of big pieces of meat, like four briskets. You'd then have a different probe in each meat, and be able to monitor when each one is done. Or you've got a big bbq and you're cooking three chickens at once, but you know your bbq get hotter in some regions than others. You'd be able to use the probes to move the chickens around according to which is cooking faster. You can probably get as creative as you want. Or if you're sadistic, yes, poke all probes simultaneously into one piece of meat.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5116 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto
deezz wrote: The use case for four different probes is for when you're doing something like smoking. Smokers have a large capacity, and allow you to cook multiple cuts of multiple meats simulatneously. So you could have ribs in there, wings, a whole chicken, a brisket, etc. Or four cuts of big pieces of meat, like four briskets. You'd then have a different probe in each meat, and be able to monitor when each one is done. Or you've got a big bbq and you're cooking three chickens at once, but you know your bbq get hotter in some regions than others. You'd be able to use the probes to move the chickens around according to which is cooking faster. You can probably get as creative as you want. Or if you're sadistic, yes, poke all probes simultaneously into one piece of meat.
Lol i meant because a big hunk of meat will have different temps throughout. Usually you go by the lowest temp in the entire piece of meat (so the very middle probably), but i guess that means the outside will overcook?