• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2020 10:39 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1775 posts
965 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Inkbird IBT-4XP wireless meat thermometer reg price 90.99, 25% off

Bought this inkbird unit for $59.24 after $9 coupon and 25% off promo code (9KJMYHIE).

Bluetooth, waterproof with 4 probes and rechargeable battery.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H4KH1GV

EDIT: looks like the $9 coupon is expired but 25% promo still active. Title changed to reflect.
Last edited by doctorgonzo on May 12th, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
29 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1028 posts
600 upvotes
Waterloo
doctorgonzo wrote: Bought this inkbird unit for $59.24 after $9 coupon and 25% off promo code (9KJMYHIE).

Bluetooth, waterproof with 4 probes and rechargeable battery.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H4KH1GV
Promo code won't apply for me. Says it's not recognized.
Happy Zoomer customer! $36/800m/5gb.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1775 posts
965 upvotes
Stranger wrote: Promo code won't apply for me. Says it's not recognized.
Hmm. Weird. Just ordered moments before posting. It's not a unique code as it was shared on a forum for bbq enthusiasts.
Sep 22, 2013
3 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
Code worked for me. I'm in for 1 thanks op.
May 28, 2017
25 posts
14 upvotes
Awesome! I’ve been looking for one for a while, must be my lucky day. Thank you!
Dec 5, 2015
568 posts
607 upvotes
Verdun, QC
Anyone on the fence should go for it. I got mine around Xmas and it is great. Setting it up is a bit of a pain but I think that was user error. Once setup it's easy to use, the app is good, accurate, well built. I also have a Weber igrill 2 but the 4xp is way better and cheaper.

Coupon is fairly common so don't pay full price.
Last edited by tark514 on May 12th, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 25, 2006
805 posts
216 upvotes
thanks, op -- now I can play video games while my meat smokes.
Jun 22, 2009
936 posts
279 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP. Was going to ask in Discussion section about meat thermometer couple days ago :)

Hope this one is good :)

Stay safe!
Слава Україні!
Dec 9, 2010
123 posts
30 upvotes
Welland
Thanks , been looking for a good Bluetooth thermometer, debated between this and other post re TP-20. After a few google searches reading a few review and couple youtubes, both as comparable so came down to best price. I went with this one.
Code was applied, however confusing if you don't look at price as after entering code, under code box it said in red. "The promotional code you entered is invalid for your purchase", Looking at price it did apply code to purchase and gave me the 25% off along with the $9.

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 90.99
Shipping & Handling:CDN$ 5.90
FREE Shipping:-CDN$ 5.90
Promotion Applied:-CDN$ 22.75
Your Coupon Savings:-CDN$ 9.00

-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 59.24
Estimated GST/HST:CDN$ 0.00
Estimated PST/RST/QST:CDN$ 0.00

-----
Grand Total: CDN$ 59.24
Mar 9, 2020
126 posts
122 upvotes
Personally if you're spending 60 to 90, better to just get a meater bluetooth thermometer for 100. So much better and smaller. Just the thermometer, not a bunch of wires and base station.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1123 posts
594 upvotes
Scarborough
fyrebug wrote: Personally if you're spending 60 to 90, better to just get a meater bluetooth thermometer for 100. So much better and smaller. Just the thermometer, not a bunch of wires and base station.
Yes, but we are talking about one probe and that's double the price for this one with coupon. I am not aware of any sales for it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1775 posts
965 upvotes
fyrebug wrote: Personally if you're spending 60 to 90, better to just get a meater bluetooth thermometer for 100. So much better and smaller. Just the thermometer, not a bunch of wires and base station.
Here's like the first review link for meater when I google meater thermometer. Entitled "the wireless meat thermometer is a recipe for mediocrity". Rated 4/10.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired. ... ometer/amp

Most bbq sites I've seen give it a hard pass as well.

Whereas this inkbird is rated highly by users and bbq sites. And it's much cheaper.
Mar 9, 2020
126 posts
122 upvotes
I mean I've had zero issue with it personally... I read a few reviews before buying it for.my wife and a lot of them seemed to take the attitude that if you needed one of these you were a bad cook and less of a man... less to do with how the device actually worked... but to each their own. I just personally wouldn't want a dangle of cables. I do agree though that if you want 4 you get 4... but i just wanted something for turkey and stuff and 1 does fine, much cleaner and smaller design.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12083 posts
6972 upvotes
Markham
The danger of using this device is if it shuts down by itself or you go out of range and you don't bother to check on your cook and the thing is raging in heat. I currently use a regular dual thermometer and I use binoculars to see the temp from inside the house...not wireless but it works.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!