Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Inkbird IBT-4XP wireless meat thermometer reg price 90.99, 25% off

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2020 10:39 am
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1950 posts
1549 upvotes
pacman wrote: I'm still learning about these. What's the benefit of the Wifi version? I noticed Thermapro makes a wireless version as well TP025 but it's not stocked on Amazon.ca
Benefit of wifi is that you can be anywhere and monitor temp. I.e. Run to the grocery store, etc.

Benefit of BT is that it can works while you're still in range. So you could use this during a day trip/picnic at a park with no wifi.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1950 posts
1549 upvotes
fyrebug wrote: I mean I've had zero issue with it personally... I read a few reviews before buying it for.my wife and a lot of them seemed to take the attitude that if you needed one of these you were a bad cook and less of a man... less to do with how the device actually worked... but to each their own. I just personally wouldn't want a dangle of cables. I do agree though that if you want 4 you get 4... but i just wanted something for turkey and stuff and 1 does fine, much cleaner and smaller design.
Your wife's attitude is ridiculous, totally ignorant, and devoid of any logic. Anyone who actually BBQs knows you cook meat to temp not by a certain time. Different cuts of meat, meat types, humidity level, ambient temp of the day, etc, etc, etc will change the time needed to hit the ideal temp of smoked meat. The only way to know is to use a thermometer.
Mar 9, 2020
370 posts
702 upvotes
I never said my wife said that it felt that way. I'm saying the meat head reviewers seemed to take that attitude to the device and were giving it poor reviews. My wife loves it.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1950 posts
1549 upvotes
fyrebug wrote: I never said my wife said that it felt that way. I'm saying the meat head reviewers seemed to take that attitude to the device and were giving it poor reviews. My wife loves it.
Ah sorry. My reading comprehension needs work.

I'm excited to be able to monitor temps away from the grill. The built in probes that my grill has are not accurate nor do they account for hotspots throughout.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal
gr8dlr wrote: The danger of using this device is if it shuts down by itself or you go out of range and you don't bother to check on your cook and the thing is raging in heat. I currently use a regular dual thermometer and I use binoculars to see the temp from inside the house...not wireless but it works.
Your binocular system is susceptible to the same danger of you not bothering to look through your binoculars...

I can't speak to this specific device but the cheap President's Choice brand wireless thermometer I currently use gives me an audible notice when I'm out of range.
May 26, 2014
253 posts
353 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Promo code did not work for me, has anyone else had it work in the last few hours?
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
psyko514 wrote: Your binocular system is susceptible to the same danger of you not bothering to look through your binoculars...

I can't speak to this specific device but the cheap President's Choice brand wireless thermometer I currently use gives me an audible notice when I'm out of range.
Agreed. I'm just a bit paranoid that technology doesn't always work the way we always want it to or expect it to. It can disconnect and not alert you. It might send an audible and you don't hear it because you don't expect it. And lastly it wouldn't be the first time this has happened to me - I have a event on my calendar and my phone automatically goes into Do Not Disturb mode.

Sometimes I just rather not rely on it...it keeps me in the habit of checking on stuff.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Sep 3, 2014
74 posts
140 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
damn ive been trying to buy this thing for 4 months but too expensive and the coupon/25% isnt working.