• Jan 4th, 2021 9:51 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2014
454 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Inkbird Wireless BBQ/Oven/Smoker Thermometer $60.99

New to posting, so go easy.

Amazon has a wireless inkbird BBQ thermometer on sale from $90 to 74.99 -- with an additional coupon to clip for $14 more off.
Maybe a bit niche, but not a bad deal - inkbird is a good make.

Edit: Looks like a number of inkbird thermometers have various deals. Here's one for 55.99
https://www.amazon.ca/Inkbird-Bluetooth ... 4MY0W7H1DB
19 replies
Sep 25, 2009
662 posts
536 upvotes
I am using an inkbird wireless thermometer. The device itself is ok. Their customer service has been exceptional. Anything went wrong they send me replacement right away.

But do note that even it says it is waterproof, mine went haywire after doing a smoking session in the rain (they did send me a brand new replacement though)
Oct 31, 2010
755 posts
637 upvotes
Edmonton
Have the IBBQ-4T and really like it. If you have a dual band router that switches automatically (Same network name for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz), you will probably need to disable the 5GHz band in order to get it connected. Once it's connected you can re-enable the 5GHz band.

Edit: Looks like this model doesn't use wifi
Feb 14, 2006
968 posts
1222 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Have this unit. Was about this cost from China. Works fine. Good battery, good alarm, great magnet. It's not waterproof. It's not wifi. Uses bluetooth to an app that could use a fair amount of work, but functions with a graph, range alarm, and setpoint alarms you can customize. I've only had connection issues when it needs to be charged. Also works fine without the app, but you lose almost all functionality outside temperature reporting on the 8 segment display.

Accuracy is good enough for smoking/grilling, has about a 5C swing so possibly 2.5 degrees higher or lower across 20 to 150C I could accurately test. You can buy replacement probes for about $15 each on eBay if you accidentally damage one.
Sep 30, 2019
148 posts
176 upvotes
samuraizero wrote: New to posting, so go easy.

Amazon has a wireless inkbird BBQ thermometer on sale from $90 to 74.99 -- with an additional coupon to clip for $14 more off.
Maybe a bit niche, but not a bad deal - inkbird is a good make.

Edit: Looks like a number of inkbird thermometers have various deals. Here's one for 55.99
https://www.amazon.ca/Inkbird-Bluetooth ... 4MY0W7H1DB
is the second link not exactly the same unit, but without a usb cable and $5 cheaper?
[OP]
Nov 17, 2014
454 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto, ON
afong636807717107645200 wrote: is the second link not exactly the same unit, but without a usb cable and $5 cheaper?
Just might be - didnt dig into the extra ones, just saw they were on sale and chose a random extra one to link
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2625 posts
394 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4206 posts
1561 upvotes
kumanzc wrote: The wifi one has a $34 coupon on it bringing it down to $105. It's more than the bluetooth but if I were to buy again I would get the wifi not the bluetooth.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XQ5P5P4/ref ... NrPXRydWU=
For someone like me who doesn't mind connecting stuff to Bluetooth and who dont need more than 20 feet range, is there any advantages to the wifi one?? Do I really need to spend an extra 50$?
Feb 14, 2006
968 posts
1222 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
def47 wrote: For someone like me who doesn't mind connecting stuff to Bluetooth and who dont need more than 20 feet range, is there any advantages to the wifi one?? Do I really need to spend an extra 50$?
Only benefits I can see are wifi range, good for check it once an hour when you're smoking, and I assume a locally ran html style webUI access and control over an abandoned dedicated app, assuming that's how it works, so you can view on say a Pi with display or a fridge screen. Scripting triggers so when X probe hits 80C turn on a fan or something not related to improving BBQ food quality is probably easier too as well as any logging. This is all assuming the thermometer works locally and don't suddenly need the internet to function.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11202 posts
5287 upvotes
I have one dont use it much but it is good.Price is what i paid after conversion from the usa.
I have a few other brands (cheaper) one including wifi and i seem to use it more then this but if you like name brand good stuff this is it.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Jun 19, 2006
996 posts
124 upvotes
For those have used it, not sure if this also works as a remote thermometer outside my window ... under Canadian winter ... but it stated 0C/32F as the minimum LoL
Mar 14, 2013
547 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
I'd stay away from bluetooth thermometers personally. What happens when app dies/company shuts down? Not saying they will but a RF thermometer won't have the same issues. I personally like RF for the range and lack of connectivity issues. Much simpler to look onto a device that connects through RF than to open up my phone, wait for a glitchy/slow/disconnecting app to show temp. Of course you'd be missing out on the extra features like temp logs over time if that's important to you. I'd go with the TP08 instead.. I've had mine for 2-3 years now with no issues and runs like a tank.
Oct 20, 2011
232 posts
190 upvotes
Oshawa
def47 wrote: For someone like me who doesn't mind connecting stuff to Bluetooth and who dont need more than 20 feet range, is there any advantages to the wifi one?? Do I really need to spend an extra 50$?
Can monitor while you are out running errands.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1597 posts
676 upvotes
btwitsmatt wrote: I'd stay away from bluetooth thermometers personally. What happens when app dies/company shuts down? Not saying they will but a RF thermometer won't have the same issues. I personally like RF for the range and lack of connectivity issues. Much simpler to look onto a device that connects through RF than to open up my phone, wait for a glitchy/slow/disconnecting app to show temp. Of course you'd be missing out on the extra features like temp logs over time if that's important to you. I'd go with the TP08 instead.. I've had mine for 2-3 years now with no issues and runs like a tank.
What's the issue if the company dies? Bluetooth connectivity doesn't die since it doesn't require the company's private cloud. So it should work forever.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D