[Amazon.ca] Instant Pot Accu Slim Sous Vide Immersion Circulator - $75.97

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2020 12:32 pm
[OP]
Dec 17, 2006
340 posts
120 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Instant Pot Accu Slim Sous Vide Immersion Circulator - $75.97

I have always wanted to try a sous vide, and the one from Instant pot is on Sale $75.97 that's down from the regular price of $99.98. I couldn't resist.

Epicurious gives this best value Sous Vide.

39 replies
Apr 18, 2007
493 posts
334 upvotes
Been waiting for a decent sous vide that wasn't like +$120, this fits the bill. Thanks OP, ordered.
Nov 26, 2014
923 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto, ON
whats the difference between this and "the two other popular models"
Dec 3, 2005
728 posts
725 upvotes
S
EZSAVE wrote: whats the difference between this and "the two other popular models"
No app?
Not sure about precision and durability.

edit: temperature range. Instant pot is 40-90C. Anova is 0-99C. Once I had to keep my turtle at 30C, and precision cooker came in handy: I just nested the turtle's temporary small container inside a water bath heated by anova.
Nov 1, 2009
543 posts
271 upvotes
Terrebonne
MELPOMENE wrote: No app?
App is not that usefull as the only feature I use with my anova wireless is starting it from work. If putting your stuff in an ice bath before leaving and starting your meal remotely doesn't appeal to you , then this should be fine.
The main downside is it's wattage, but if you plan on using an insulated vessel and start with hot water then it should maintain water hot enough.
Nov 1, 2009
543 posts
271 upvotes
Terrebonne

edit: temperature range. Instant pot is 40-90C. Anova is 0-99C. Once I had to keep my turtle at 30C, and precision cooker came in handy: I just nested the turtle's temporary small container inside a water bath heated by anova.
Doesn't it stink after doing this?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2386 posts
1954 upvotes
Markham
yannakm wrote: Doesn't it stink after doing this?
Maybe he nested a smaller container into the larger one with the sv.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Dec 3, 2005
728 posts
725 upvotes
S
yannakm wrote: Doesn't it stink after doing this?
No. Turtle’s container with water was nested inside the water bath container.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3493 posts
1533 upvotes
Ottawa

Flushed FaceFlushed FaceFlushed Face Sous vide turtle Turtle.... That's a new one..
Aug 8, 2018
31 posts
38 upvotes
What do u use this for, i mean what would u cook that needs a open top plus this
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
5060 posts
2866 upvotes
Toronto

Please share with us your turtle soup recipe....
[OP]
Dec 17, 2006
340 posts
120 upvotes
Vineet406 wrote: what would u cook that needs a open top plus this
It cooks meats & other items throughout at a very consistent temperature the same all the way through. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of this style of cooking.
Dec 3, 2005
728 posts
725 upvotes
S
Vineet406 wrote: What do u use this for, i mean what would u cook that needs a open top plus this
The cooker maintains a water bath at a precise temperature to cook vacuum-sealed food. The food doesn't need to reach simmer/boil temperatures when using this method, so certain desirable textures can be achieved. I regularly use a precision cooker to cook steak, chicken, pork ribs, lamb, eggs, fish, burger patties, etc. It can even turn $3/lb eye of round into delicious roast that I can thinly slice and serve with homemade hoagie rolls and mayo.
On a different note, I'd recommend Anova and Joule precision cookers over this Instant Pot one. Those two are proven to be powerful and precise over the years. Based on the reviews, Instant Pot's cooker has less optimal circulation and other small issues. The money saved with one sous vide steak meal at home is enough to cover the price difference.
Oct 22, 2007
116 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I have this and the joule...both are great. Once you get used to sous vide, there is not enough difference to warrant paying more. No need for wifi/Bluetooth.

It makes the best turkey breast... And makes poor cuts, as good if not better than expensive cuts. I make chuck roasts taste better that prime rib.
Mar 15, 2019
55 posts
177 upvotes
I have this exact model. Bought on Black Friday. It is very accurate according to my Thermapen. I have zero complaints about this and it is well worth the money. Makes some of the best steaks.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1641 posts
1048 upvotes
Thanks OP...

It's the same price at Wal-Mart, but sold out. Its $119 at Canadian Tire.

Gets great reviews...

Wifee has been asking for one of these for a while...very seldom see on at sub $100

Needless to say, picked one up...
What dancing banana ?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1641 posts
1048 upvotes
DavidN84785 wrote: I have this exact model. Bought on Black Friday.
How much was it on Black Friday ??
What dancing banana ?
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1271 posts
537 upvotes
Vancouver
melon2112 wrote: I have this and the joule...both are great. Once you get used to sous vide, there is not enough difference to warrant paying more. No need for wifi/Bluetooth.

It makes the best turkey breast... And makes poor cuts, as good if not better than expensive cuts. I make chuck roasts taste better that prime rib.
DavidN84785 wrote: I have this exact model. Bought on Black Friday. It is very accurate according to my Thermapen. I have zero complaints about this and it is well worth the money. Makes some of the best steaks.
Please share steak recipe/instructions using this sous vide model. TY

Necessary to vacuum seal the bag? Or can leave open or seal without vacuuming?