Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Instant Pot Inner Pot Stainless Steel, 8 Quart $20 OOS but can order | 6Quarts OOS

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2022 4:26 pm
Member
Jun 6, 2017
258 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thank god I have ordered in the afternoon at the sale price, I also ordered silicon lid. Shifting cooking to steel and this is the right direction I believe. thanks OP.
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2010
579 posts
969 upvotes
jcamldn wrote: what's the advantage to have multiple inner pots?
When I use my IP I usually make a quantity of food that's close to the brim and serve it out of that for the next few days. I have a second IP, but if I didn't, it would mean I'd have to move all that food into tupperware to be able to use the IP again.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
16763 posts
4430 upvotes
What is the ceramic coating version for? Used case? Compare to the stainless steel
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Newbie
Mar 8, 2019
34 posts
188 upvotes
Webhead wrote: That was fast ( a few hours), 8 QRT pot price went up.
I snooze I lose. Disappointed Face
The price for the 8 quart is back down to $19.96.
Sr. Member
May 14, 2018
725 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: What is the ceramic coating version for? Used case? Compare to the stainless steel
I’m also curious to know!
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
14955 posts
11403 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
8 QUARTZ BACK IN STOCK for 20 BUCKS!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Member
Aug 10, 2004
283 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
kiasu wrote: What is the ceramic coating version for? Used case? Compare to the stainless steel
Cooking rice or other sticky hard to clean dishes. The reviews are mixed and people question the safety of non stick coating.
Last edited by samo147 on Apr 1st, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1706 posts
325 upvotes
samo147 wrote: Cooking rice or other sticky hard to clean dishes. The reviews aren't very good and people question the safety of non stick coating.(Teflon)
Unless the details for the listing are inaccurate, the non-stick coating is ceramic
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
16640 posts
4372 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
mic2074 wrote: I assume being stainless steel and all, it would likely outlast the electronics of the IP pot - don't know why anyone would need a replacement. Guess if you've dropped it and caused a huge dent or something.
I am wondering the same. I don't think anyone needs a replacement pot, unless they threw it down and bent it!??
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3332 posts
3732 upvotes
GVRD
weedb0y wrote: I don't think anyone needs a replacement pot
If making a soup, stew, etc., where there's going to be leftovers lasting for awhile, keeping it in the original pot saves having to wash both a pot and a large storage container afterwards - important for dishes that aren't easy to wash (oily, greasy foods like soup, stews, etc.). Also, a 2nd pot is very handy if cooking 2 instant pot dishes for one dinner. That's so helpful.

For active instant pot users, who use it more than just a rice cooker, making boiled eggs, etc., having additional pots is AMAZING!

This thread has 59 upvotes so far. There must be a few others who like the idea of a 2nd pot. Also, the Amazon item has 11,000+ mostly 5-star reviews.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3332 posts
3732 upvotes
GVRD
Camel shows this as an all-time low price. IP has introduced a new version with handles but it doesn't apply to most older IP models. They may be clearing out these replacement pots that fit the older IP models now. Also $20 at the U.S. site, but of course that's in USD, so the $20 CDN price is an even better deal.
Newbie
Nov 24, 2020
19 posts
19 upvotes
I would think the rubber sealing ring needs to be changed once in a while. Shouldn't the inner pot last forever?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3332 posts
3732 upvotes
GVRD
Salmon323 wrote: I would think the rubber sealing ring needs to be changed once in a while. Shouldn't the inner pot last forever?
Suggest you read the earlier comments, and the comments in Amazon.
Almost no one is buying this to replace a broken or bad IP pot.
The purpose is to own two.

The sealing ring is another issue, and it can be handy to own two of those too.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
16640 posts
4372 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
RxMills wrote: If making a soup, stew, etc., where there's going to be leftovers lasting for awhile, keeping it in the original pot saves having to wash both a pot and a large storage container afterwards - important for dishes that aren't easy to wash (oily, greasy foods like soup, stews, etc.). Also, a 2nd pot is very handy if cooking 2 instant pot dishes for one dinner. That's so helpful.

For active instant pot users, who use it more than just a rice cooker, making boiled eggs, etc., having additional pots is AMAZING!

This thread has 59 upvotes so far. There must be a few others who like the idea of a 2nd pot. Also, the Amazon item has 11,000+ mostly 5-star reviews.
Is there a lid that one can have? Or shrink wrap all the way?
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 1, 2014
62 posts
10 upvotes
Markham, ON
Is the 8qt compatible with the duo-crisp? It's not listed under compatibility but I can't see why it wouldn't

**EDIT: I think it'll be fine, the one listed as not-compatible (Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus) seems to have handles on theinner pot, hence why this is incompatible with that Instant Pot
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3332 posts
3732 upvotes
GVRD
weedb0y wrote: Is there a lid that one can have? Or shrink wrap all the way?
$12.99 6qt Glass https://www.amazon.ca/Instant-Pot-Tempe ... 008FUJ2LK/ (good price)
$27.74 6qt Silicone https://www.amazon.ca/Genuine-Instant-P ... 011HLNE1M/ (seems very high)

Check your existing pot lids. I found an existing glass and steel lid that I had that actually fits.
Last edited by RxMills on Apr 1st, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top