Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Instant Pot Ultra 8 Quart 10 in 1 - $160.49 - new all time low.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 1:21 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2006
841 posts
228 upvotes
North York

[Amazon.ca] Instant Pot Ultra 8 Quart 10 in 1 - $160.49 - new all time low.

The deal is back (had expired yesterday likely due to OOS)

Instant Pot Ultra 8 Quart 10-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker 8 Quart, Silver - $160.49 (as of July 9 2020 at 9:35pm EDT)
  • Instant Pot Ultra electric pressure cooker is the next generation in kitchen appliances. A central dial with a simple turn and press provides added precision in program selection and adjustment.
  • New features: altitude adjustment, cooking indicator, and a Steam Release Reset Button. The Ultra button provides custom programming. The new features include Sterilize, Cake and Egg programs.
  • Replaces 10 common kitchen appliances, Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Saute/Searing, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer.
  • Developed with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. The microprocessor monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration.
  • UL certified with 11 safety features to provide peace of mind. New Steam Release Reset button for safer handling. All components in contact with food are food grade 304 (18/8) Stainless steel.
Instant Pot Ultra 10 In 1 Multi-Use Programmable Cooker is the next generation in kitchen appliances. Designed for the home chef looking for a greater degree of customization and control for even greater precision cooking. The Ultra combines the functions of a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Cake Maker, Yogurt Maker, Saute/Searing, Steamer, Warmer, Sterilizer, and, a truly new and unique feature, the Ultra program. The 'Ultra' provides complete custom programming for pressure and non-pressure cooking. Now, one can set the exact parameters desired to achieve perfect results each and every time. With the 'Altitude' adjustment, the guesswork is eliminated from a recipe conversion providing a more precise cooking time. Designed with a large, blue LCD display with a 'Cooking Indicator' to provide one a clear visual on the progress of your dish from preheating, cooking, and Keep Warm. A central dial with a simple turn and press provides added precision in program selection and adjustments. And, the new, 'Steam Release Reset Button' ensures the safer handling of the steam release after cooking is completed. Built with 16 smart programs: Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Cake, Egg, Slow Cook, Saute/Searing, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Sterilize, Yogurt, Warm, Pressure Cook, and Ultra. Now, your favourite dishes are as simple as selecting your preferences and having them ready up to 70-Percent faster. With the 'Sterilize' program one can pasteurize dairy products, sterilize baby bottles, jars, and utensils; as well as, perform certain types of canning much more conveniently than ever before! The 'Cake Maker' is designed to prepare soft and moist cakes and the 'Egg' prepares perfect eggs in just a few minutes. America's most trusted brand has moved into a category of its own with the Instant Pot Ultra!

Last edited by Striker317 on Jul 9th, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17 replies
[OP]
Sep 26, 2006
841 posts
228 upvotes
North York
Appears to be OOS from Amazon as of July 6, 2020 at 12:30am.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3703 posts
5024 upvotes
Oakville
How does this compare with the 8 quart duo plus?
-ZdpZ... ;)
[OP]
Sep 26, 2006
841 posts
228 upvotes
North York
The deal is alive again (as of 4pm July 6)
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3703 posts
5024 upvotes
Oakville
Striker317 wrote: See the comparison chart that Instant Pot has created.
https://instantpot.com/product-comparison-chart-3/
According to the chart the best one to buy is the Duo Evo Plus which has atleast 4 things the ultra is missing...yet for ultra it says "for the home chef" while the Evo Plus it says it's the innovative one.

I like the fact the Evo Plus is stove top friendly and has sous vide.

Now time to search good deals on it.
-ZdpZ... ;)
[OP]
Sep 26, 2006
841 posts
228 upvotes
North York
zdpz wrote: According to the chart the best one to buy is the Duo Evo Plus which has atleast 4 things the ultra is missing...yet for ultra it says "for the home chef" while the Evo Plus it says it's the innovative one.

The one con against the duo evo plus is that it is not compatible with the air fryer lid accessory that Instant Brands makes.
Sep 18, 2017
814 posts
1305 upvotes
Vancouver
Too bad this isn't the one that comes with the air fryer lid. You could pressure cook an entire chicken and then use the air fryer lid to get it to a rotisserie style doneness
[OP]
Sep 26, 2006
841 posts
228 upvotes
North York
new low... $160.49 (as of July 9, 2020 at 9:34pm EDT)
Dec 12, 2005
403 posts
381 upvotes
zdpz wrote: According to the chart the best one to buy is the Duo Evo Plus which has atleast 4 things the ultra is missing...yet for ultra it says "for the home chef" while the Evo Plus it says it's the innovative one.

The Duo Evo Plus 6 qt is going for $119.96 at Crate and Barrel.
https://www.crateandbarrel.ca/instant-p ... er/s465858

Since they charge shipping, I price matched it at Canadian Tire. :)

No sure if it's the best deal, but this is the model I wanted to try and 6 qt is big enough for my family.
Aug 28, 2019
617 posts
490 upvotes
Hi, would a 6 quart be big enough for a family of 4?
Dec 29, 2004
89 posts
43 upvotes
Markham
MarkF56792 wrote: Hi, would a 6 quart be big enough for a family of 4?
Depends on what you use it for. :-)
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18009 posts
12717 upvotes
Markham
MarkF56792 wrote: Hi, would a 6 quart be big enough for a family of 4?
In general, the 6qt is big enough. I have a 6 qt which I bought before they even had an 8 qt and it's been no issues in terms of capacity for my family.

Having said that if you like having leftovers or if you're real big eaters or like cooking batches for freezer meals as well...then an 8qt might be better if you have a choice and can accommodate the size in your kitchen/storage area.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Feb 9, 2008
407 posts
329 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
GadgetShopper wrote: The Duo Evo Plus 6 qt is going for $119.96 at Crate and Barrel.
https://www.crateandbarrel.ca/instant-p ... er/s465858

Since they charge shipping, I price matched it at Canadian Tire. :)

No sure if it's the best deal, but this is the model I wanted to try and 6 qt is big enough for my family.
I tried to price match with CT here in BC and they wouldn't do it, saying it isn't stocked/sold in BC, Ontario taxes are different so the price wouldn't match, etc.
Went across the street to Best Buy and they matched it with the shipping cost added, $140.74 before taxes.

This guy makes it really convincing to choose EVO over Ultra or any other IP:
Aug 28, 2019
617 posts
490 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: In general, the 6qt is big enough. I have a 6 qt which I bought before they even had an 8 qt and it's been no issues in terms of capacity for my family.

Having said that if you like having leftovers or if you're real big eaters or like cooking batches for freezer meals as well...then an 8qt might be better if you have a choice and can accommodate the size in your kitchen/storage area.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. This really helps. I am going with the 6 qt and trying to price match the crate & barrel price @ best buy
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18009 posts
12717 upvotes
Markham
MarkF56792 wrote: Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. This really helps. I am going with the 6 qt and trying to price match the crate & barrel price @ best buy
Take a look at the features chart that someone else posted. I have the Duo 7 in 1 and it satisfies all of my wants which is basically only high pressure cook - I use that pretty much exclusively, I don't even use programmed (rice, porridge, chicken, beans, yogurt etc) cooks.

If you're in the same boat, you can save quite a bit of $ buying a lower model which "just works for what you need". The less "fancy" ones are likely to break as well. All the check marks [marketing gimmicks IMO to create perception of way better] on the higher end models don't do anything (extra gasket, easy grip, easy seal, easy steam, easy to read, quick cool etc)

The MAX one is likely the best as it gets to 15 psi (the other units only get to 12 psi) ie higher pressure and even faster cooking which is why I bought this in the first place.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1107 posts
974 upvotes
MARKHAM
Rule of thumb:

Single - 3 quart (or 6 quart if you meal prep/enjoy a lot of leftovers)

Couple - 6 quart (or 8 quart if you meal prep/enjoy a lot of leftovers)

Family - 8 quart (you might be able to get away with 6 quart for smaller dishes)

I would only consider duo plus or ultra. I’d probably just go for whichever one is on sale, it’s basically the same appliance for 95% of us.

EDIT: above was meant as a really basic explanation if you dont care about all the specifics. Otherwise use this for a product comparison chart:

http://instantpot.com/product-comparison-chart-3/
Aug 28, 2019
617 posts
490 upvotes
I successfully PMed the Duo Evo Plus 6qt @ Cdn Tire for $119.99