Amazon.ca

Instant Pot Ultra 8 Quart Pressure Cooker $161.96 , near all-time low

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 12:58 pm
[OP]
Sep 1, 2008
551 posts
1260 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Instant Pot Ultra 8 Quart Pressure Cooker $161.96 , near all-time low

Instant Pot Ultra 8 Quart 10-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker

All-time low: $160

Good deal for those who want the Ultra, which adds several bells and whistles compared to other models.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07588SJHN

---

UPDATE 2-Jul:
Price is now 161.83

UPDATE 2-Jul:
EXPIRED

UPDATE 3-Jul:
Back in stock at $161.96
Last edited by Badder on Jul 3rd, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
32 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1936 posts
1167 upvotes
Edmonton
Good buy!! I have the 6QT version I got on the last Amazon deal from PMing with BB. 8QT definately better
May 3, 2020
204 posts
80 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: Good buy!! I have the 6QT version I got on the last Amazon deal from PMing with BB. 8QT definately better
How much was the 6QT? We are just 2 people, wonder if I should wait for a 6QT deal.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2008
551 posts
1260 upvotes
johnsena wrote: How much was the 6QT? We are just 2 people, wonder if I should wait for a 6QT deal.
Unless you don't have space in your kitchen, the 8qt is way more versatile. We are also 2 people and don't regret having chosen the 8qt.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
752 upvotes
I love instant pot. As someone who doesnt want to take the time to learn how to cook. I can make decent meals with this. Its too easy.

8QT is the perfect one.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Great product. Thanks
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23487 posts
8389 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote: I love instant pot. As someone who doesnt want to take the time to learn how to cook. I can make decent meals with this. Its too easy.

8QT is the perfect one.
I used mine exactly twice since Christmas. Will probably never use it again. OTOH the induction cooktop I have gets quite the workout. The 6Qt was more than adequate for my 1 person family. Just couldn't figure out what to make in it...
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4167 posts
1550 upvotes
BC
Get the instant pot Max.
It's better.
Feb 29, 2004
171 posts
120 upvotes
iownyou wrote: Get the instant pot Max.
It's better.
The max is 15 psi. It takes longer to come to pressure. Unless you need the extra pressure I think any of the other models would be more convenient.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2279 posts
1390 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
I really like the sous vide feature of newer model Instant Pots.
Feb 20, 2019
181 posts
137 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the Ultra and it works just fine, keep in mind that most of the recipes online are for the non ultra and sometimes figuring out which function to use takes guessing...

Basically all I am saying is other than looking more modern it is the same thing... never had the duo model but I have a feeling in terms of electronics and buttons they will last longer on the duo models.

I once spilled something close to the rotating dial and had to open it up and clean it since it would not turn properly and just grind. All good after that...
Sep 26, 2006
841 posts
228 upvotes
North York
johnsena wrote: How much was the 6QT? We are just 2 people, wonder if I should wait for a 6QT deal.
The 6QT IP Ultra was $89.99 during 2019 Prime Days sale.
May 31, 2017
186 posts
195 upvotes
We have the 6qt ultra and use it almost daily. Which is surprising because most things we buy for the kitchen just sit in the cupboard

Rice:
- 1:1 rice to water. High pressure for 4 minutes and 10 minutes slow release
- Steam most vegetables - steamer basket so veggies are out of the water. High pressure for 0 minutes, quick release
- Perfect soft boiled eggs. high pressure for 3 minutes and quick release
- Chicken. Submerged in water with salt and rosemary. High pressure for 0 minutes and 10 minutes slow release

Rack of ribs..
Stew by searing the meat on the instant pot and deglazing..
Chili..
Cooking tough meats in 15-30 minutes..

I sound like an evangelist now
Sep 14, 2015
157 posts
102 upvotes
We have the Lux but would like to chime in that the Instant Pot is well worth the money. It's in constant use at our house: soups, chilli, braised beef, carne asada, steaming frozen dim sum and dumplings, cooking veggies in steamer basket, shrimp boil, pasta sauce...the list goes on...

Oh and congee!! So easy to make and love that I can set it to start and just walk away!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1959 posts
1134 upvotes
Laval
decorates wrote: We have the Lux but would like to chime in that the Instant Pot is well worth the money. It's in constant use at our house: soups, chilli, braised beef, carne asada, steaming frozen dim sum and dumplings, cooking veggies in steamer basket, shrimp boil, pasta sauce...the list goes on...

Oh and congee!! So easy to make and love that I can set it to start and just walk away!
For steamed food...did you buy a separate basket ..ive got a Lux version and it didnt come with one...only a metal insert
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2706 posts
1378 upvotes
Montréal, QC
decorates wrote: Oh and congee!! So easy to make and love that I can set it to start and just walk away!
My mom loves it for congee too!
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
752 upvotes
DougO wrote: I used mine exactly twice since Christmas. Will probably never use it again. OTOH the induction cooktop I have gets quite the workout. The 6Qt was more than adequate for my 1 person family. Just couldn't figure out what to make in it...
You can go to youtube and see the kinds of food you can make.

It is very versatile. I like to use the pressure cooker for meat. I use it to soften ribs and then cook on the grill.

I make different beans and lentils recipe. Soups. I make broths/stocks. Stew. Chili. Rice. Filipino food like Sinigang, Tinola, Nilaga.

If I am really lazy I just put a bunch of chicken and dump ginger, garlic and onions and when its done. I add Miso paste. Boom.

Great for steaming Fish, veggies and potatoes.

Easy to clean. Very mobile. All you need is a socket. The only complain is the rubber thing on the cover. It starts to smell if you do not air it out but that is a minor complaint.

Its an amazing gadget.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1144 upvotes
Toronto
used to have an ultra, it was a terrific piece of kit. But then I switched over to ninja after a deal on the ninja foodi which also includes air frying, believe that deal was ~169 at costco. Will say instant pots def have a larger catalog of accessories and internet recipes for idiots like me who need to follow stuff to do the dot. Also helps that the ultra have a lot more preset programs tho I barely used most of them so the reduced programmings on the ninja isn't a program