217 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Instapot sous vide SV800 for $89.99 + tax

Deal Link:
Price:
S89.99
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
I was tracking this sous vide machine from a reputable Canadian company ( cannot believe how many of my friends had bought their instapot cookers over last few years. ) and noticed that the price today is $89.99 + tax ( lowest price according to 3C tracking ) so I bought one . It is a no frills unit i.e no BT or Wi fi but reviews as a sous vide machine are quite good .
6 replies
Sep 22, 2010
252 posts
106 upvotes
Victoria
kithid wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 11:25 pm
Better than the ANOVA?
In my experience...no. The Anova heats quicker and has more responsive controls. It appears it moves the water a bit easier too. I just wish Anova's app wasn't a steaming pile of...

Thanks,
Cal.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1492 posts
132 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
calvados.boualrd wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 11:34 pm
In my experience...no. The Anova heats quicker and has more responsive controls. It appears it moves the water a bit easier too. I just wish Anova's app wasn't a steaming pile of...

Thanks,
Cal.
I haven't experienced any issues with the Anova app. It does what it's supposed to; what's wrong with it?
Sep 22, 2010
252 posts
106 upvotes
Victoria
ChiGGz wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 11:38 pm
I haven't experienced any issues with the Anova app. It does what it's supposed to; what's wrong with it?
I my experience with it, (and that of a few co-workers), it frequently forgets that I'm cooking and resets the timer. Adding food to a pre-warmed bath, causes the app to flip back to pre-heat mode, again canceling my timer. Sometimes the timer never notifies me that the time is up.

Now-a-days I just use my phone's timer, and set the machine up using the on device controls.

Thanks,
Cal.
Aug 23, 2013
191 posts
67 upvotes
MONTR
This price already last for more than one week ..
Sep 25, 2017
70 posts
30 upvotes
winnipeg
I own this cooker. It works well, it has no frills no Bluetooth or wifi, it’s pretty basic. It takes a while to heat up but once it’s at temp it’s pretty stable at keeping it there. Have made single steaks and 10 pound roasts in it and all turn out great. From my understanding something like an anova or joule will heat up quicker and have extra apps and features but for a basic “my first Sous vide” device I would definitely recommend this.