Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Intel® Core i9-10900KF $596.91

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2021 3:48 pm
Tags:
11 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 22, 2011
553 posts
632 upvotes
Currently Generation 11th,which means G 10th should lower price.
Although they are pretty much the same LOL.
G 12th release in Q4
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
1206 posts
659 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
battlezone wrote: Currently Generation 11th,which means G 10th should lower price.
Although they are pretty much the same LOL.
G 12th release in Q4
The 11th gen 11900k is quite a bit faster per core over 10900k (11900k is currently the fastest cpu, even beating ryzen 5950x, in single thread applications), is based on a different architecture, but yes it still uses the 14nm manufacturing process.

It's probably best to wait for the next cycle later in the year though as the socket is changing again.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2023 posts
1433 upvotes
Grande Prairie AB
battlezone wrote: Currently Generation 11th,which means G 10th should lower price.
Although they are pretty much the same LOL.
G 12th release in Q4
11th Gen Rocket Lake desktop hasn't released yet, not til March.
[OP]
Member
Jan 21, 2008
376 posts
553 upvotes
crazyea wrote: The 11th gen 11900k is quite a bit faster per core over 10900k (11900k is currently the fastest cpu, even beating ryzen 5950x, in single thread applications), is based on a different architecture, but yes it still uses the 14nm manufacturing process.

It's probably best to wait for the next cycle later in the year though as the socket is changing again.
Valid point thanks, do you think we'll have a shortage of stock like we had with GPUs?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
1206 posts
659 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
shnukms wrote: Valid point thanks, do you think we'll have a shortage of stock like we had with GPUs?
I'm pretty sure they all realized they can jack up the prices with limited supply, so it will all probably come out is small quantities from now on, so they can maximize their profits. But honestly I really don't know.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2017
2432 posts
1650 upvotes
I'll be skipping this generation. Socket is changing, lack of USB3 ports on most motherboards, only 8 cores at the high end, I believe there aren't as many pcie4.0 slots as AMD, and motherboards are super expensive compared to AM4....

I hope Intel gets their shit together by 12th gen, also looking forward to see what AM5 brings.

Still rocking a Haswell i5 until then.
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2016
842 posts
731 upvotes
This is better than 11th gen with only 8 cores. I'd take 10 cores any day over a 200MHz bump.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1147 posts
1179 upvotes
Knowhere
400-500should be the right range for this now!
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2016
842 posts
731 upvotes
I bought the b&h 10850k for $480 tax in.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)