Intex Challenger K1 - In Stock July 28 - 125.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 4:06 am
25 replies
Aug 24, 2015
142 posts
183 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Good catch. Almost every watersport stuff is OOS because of the pandemic!
Jun 11, 2010
333 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
I know we don't have time machines and the pandemic changes things, but it's good to at least note that these normally go for ~$75-90 I think? And I got 2 of them for $30 each about 2 years ago when amazon was having a sale
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4761 posts
3100 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I long for the days when I got one for $28.23.
😱
Nov 25, 2014
454 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto, ON
b0ne wrote: I long for the days when I got one for $28.23.
Still waiting for that sale..
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2105 posts
741 upvotes
Typically 20ish end of summer and last maybe couple of years. Not a deal at all.
<signature removed>
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2999 posts
1874 upvotes
napoleonbot wrote: Typically 20ish end of summer and last maybe couple of years. Not a deal at all.
Was there a pandemic the last couple years too?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2460 posts
2199 upvotes
Vancouver
mathewvc wrote: Was there a pandemic the last couple years too?
It still will likely drop under $50 at the end of summer.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2999 posts
1874 upvotes
evanwier wrote: It still will likely drop under $50 at the end of summer.
Perfect for next summer!
Jan 22, 2012
134 posts
191 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I bought at $80 years ago. So worth it for $125 still!

These are great fun and durable toys.

Don’t worry about saving a few bucks to miss out on a few weeks or months of fun!
Wow, can’t believe I even wrote that, and on RFD. Flushed Face
Jul 26, 2008
881 posts
1087 upvotes
Montreal
Got a similar Intex Kayak and lost this part, the Skeg. It's been unavailable for over 2 years on the Intex web site :

Be careful about losing it ! If anyone was able to find a replacement please post with the where and how much.

Oct 18, 2016
169 posts
261 upvotes
I've had the K2 for 3-4 years now. (2person)
It's held up surprisingly well. Even on choppy water or windy days it never feels like it's going to flip, fairly flat bottomed.
Works well for 1person + gear, as the seats adjustable, and can me moved to a center position.
Only downside I could give would be the kayak paddles are a little short for myself, and the rudder (depending on year) may fall off, but replacements are cheap (upgraded mine).

Took it out to Algonquin for a 5 day portage, wind, rain, it held up well.
Oct 18, 2016
169 posts
261 upvotes
naimc wrote: If anyone was able to find a replacement please post with the where and how much.

Got mine off eBay, for around $13 +shipping from the states.
Dec 30, 2007
155 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
Zetayoshi wrote: I've had the K2 for 3-4 years now. (2person)
It's held up surprisingly well. Even on choppy water or windy days it never feels like it's going to flip, fairly flat bottomed.
Works well for 1person + gear, as the seats adjustable, and can me moved to a center position.
Only downside I could give would be the kayak paddles are a little short for myself, and the rudder (depending on year) may fall off, but replacements are cheap (upgraded mine).

Took it out to Algonquin for a 5 day portage, wind, rain, it held up well.
I had a two person from Intex , total disaster. Lent it to my best friend to use and it popped a hole for them. Mine wasn't durable at all.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28884 posts
14419 upvotes
naimc wrote: Image
Anyone else think this was a fake shark fin you attach to your back to scare the people in the water?
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Mar 16, 2015
124 posts
87 upvotes
vancouver
Beginner at Kayaking, looking for some input.

1. Is this considered beginner friendly?
2. I'd assume the vest is not included with the kayak, right? Any good deals for a vest anywhere if someone knows?

This might be a nice gift for myself to start being a bit more active during covid.
another one.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1089 posts
907 upvotes
Edmonton
Sounds like people are saying to buy this now, enjoy it, and then in a month when its on sale buy it again and return the old one using the new item you received.

Price adjusting at it's finest. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4079 posts
2856 upvotes
Montreal
These PVC boats are okay for floating around but pain in the butt trying to go anywhere, not enough linear stability and lots of resistance, just the act of paddling would make them swing left and right. Going into a headwind you better have Popeye arms.

I used mine two or three times and threw it in the basement.
Jul 27, 2016
243 posts
186 upvotes
victoria
Bought two from Save on foods for 80 or 90$ last month. Haven't had issues with them , other than they are a pain to deflate and pack. But they are convenient. Yes not going to win any races but for what they are they are great.

Edit, what's the best way to get notified if prices go down, would be in for another one if price goes down
Apr 29, 2001
264 posts
141 upvotes
Montreal
DominicL044247 wrote: Bought two from Save on foods for 80 or 90$ last month. Haven't had issues with them , other than they are a pain to deflate and pack. But they are convenient. Yes not going to win any races but for what they are they are great.

Edit, what's the best way to get notified if prices go down, would be in for another one if price goes down
Canadian version of Camel Camel Camel. Just enter the url of the item and add your email and price alert amount.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)