Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1748 posts
412 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Intex Inflatable Kayak 1 Person

*****edit*****

$125 now

*****edit*****

Back in Stock, price isn’t the best, but hard to find.

The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak is sporty and fun with a streamlined design for easy paddling. The bright green color and sporty graphics make the kayak highly visible in the water. Great for experiencing lakes and mild rivers solo, this Sports Series kayak is perfect for one adult. Lightweight and compact, this kayak is very easy to assemble and, with the Boston valve, it inflates and deflates in minutes. You can take the fun of kayaking wherever you go. Made with rugged vinyl construction and built for performance, this sturdy kayak has an inflatable I-beam floor, a low-profile deck and high-buoyancy side chambers for stability, comfort and function. A removable skeg provides exceptional directional movement, while an adjustable, inflatable seat with a backrest is included for comfortable seating. A grab line at each end is provided for your convenience, as well as a cargo net for extra storage, a NMMA certified U.S. Coast Guard I.D., and a repair patch kit. The Challenger K1 Kayak provides added accessories including: one 86 inch aluminum paddle and an Intex high-output pump for easy inflation and deflation.

Product in Inches (L x W x H): 108 x 30 x 13

Maximum Weight Capacity: 220 lbs

Includes: High-output hand pump. One 86 inch aluminum paddle. Adjustable inflatable seat with backrest. Cargo net for extra storage. Grab line on both ends. Removable skeg for directional stability. Roomy cockpit. Inflatable floor. Quick-fill Boston valve. Repair patch kit. Carry bag. U.S. Coast Guard I.D. - NMMA Certified.
Last edited by mathewvc on Aug 9th, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12886 posts
6755 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Been watching these myself, camelx3 average hot price fluctuates around $80. This is more of a notification of availability thread.

Btw, I’ve repaired some nasty rips with several thin layers of ShoeGoo (it’s actually the same as the marine stuff) and works well on other punctured inflatables. We’ve had the 2-person Intex kayak version a couple of years now.
Feb 12, 2014
586 posts
1398 upvotes
vancouver
AncasterRFD wrote: Been watching these myself, camelx3 average hot price fluctuates around $80. This is more of a notification of availability thread.

Btw, I’ve repaired some nasty rips with several thin layers of ShoeGoo (it’s actually the same as the marine stuff) and works well on other punctured inflatables. We’ve had the 2-person Intex kayak version a couple of years now.
did you get rips while using it? and star sinking? lol i always want to use one of these for fishing but am afraid i will run into branches and pop a hole.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12886 posts
6755 upvotes
Southern Ontario
AllanT232 wrote: did you get rips while using it? and star sinking? lol i always want to use one of these for fishing but am afraid i will run into branches and pop a hole.
No, carelessness against man-made sharp things like against our RV trim. That first repair happened early, sill good almost 2y. It’s pretty rugged, thicker than premium pool inflatables but I wouldn’t ride over shallow jagged rocks or risk poking a hole with a fishing hook. That’s one thing about hard body kayaks, you don’t have to be as careful, put them in the water and go. These Intex ones do inflate fast though. It comes with a carry bag.

They’re fine on small lakes like this.

Different lake, also a windy day, tracked well to this backcountry site on an island (beach where we came from is up middle left):

Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12886 posts
6755 upvotes
Southern Ontario
BrocIlSerbatoio wrote: Funny, I was just looking for something like this.
Price isn't great relative to history but this hasn't been in stock since late June or before I think. And there's very few kayaks for sale in general, mostly hard body much higher price. It's like the scarcity of new entry/mid level bikes, due to COVID.

Price in title OP?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6022 posts
4086 upvotes
Toronto
"hot price fluctuates around $80" Damn...that's good.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17792 posts
5039 upvotes
Toronto
I'd love to inflate this in my living room when my wife is not home, sit in it and wait for her reaction
RedFlagDeals Addict
Moola Moola Moola
May 24, 2017
564 posts
408 upvotes
GTA
Showing $159.71 for me. Slightly Frowning Face
Last edited by Paulie1RFD on Aug 1st, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 15, 2007
130 posts
148 upvotes
North-east
Said212 wrote: "hot price fluctuates around $80" Damn...that's good.
Bought 2 last autumn for about 75$ each.
Darn, these are much more comfortable than rigid kayaks. Not as fast, but I can leave one in the trunk all summer, just in case... !
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12886 posts
6755 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DaVibe wrote: I'd love to inflate this in my living room when my wife is not home, sit in it and wait for her reaction
No clothes on is key
Said212 wrote: "hot price fluctuates around $80" Damn...that's good.
Lol, in case people don't know what I'm talking about. RFD obscures link:
May 10, 2010
27 posts
31 upvotes
canada
I bought 2 for $28 each when it had that giant price glitch. Still in the box, but I'm dedicated to try it this year. One of those cases buy now think later :)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3571 posts
1870 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Been watching these myself, camelx3 average hot price fluctuates around $80. This is more of a notification of availability thread.

I've tried using shoegoo to repair a hole in an air mattress but it didn't work although I only tried one layer. Even on shoes, I find it doesn't last very long.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12886 posts
6755 upvotes
Southern Ontario
SizzleChest wrote: I've tried using shoegoo to repair a hole in an air mattress but it didn't work although I only tried one layer. Even on shoes, I find it doesn't last very long.
Works for me, I just repaired my kid’s favorite inflatable. Try thin layers completely encompassing the hole, clean surface, wait several hours between layers. I actually don’t use it for shoes. Was it the felt side of the air mattress, or a split seam? That be difficult.

Or try this stuff:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/amazin ... 1000183125

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)