Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Intex Seahawk 4, 4-Person Inflatable Boat Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump (Latest Model)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2018 2:00 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
695 posts
958 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC

[Amazon.ca] Intex Seahawk 4, 4-Person Inflatable Boat Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump (Latest Model)

• Inflatable boat set designed for recreational boating or fishing on lakes
  • Super-tough 30-gauge PVC vinyl construction resists abrasion and impacts
  • Holds up to 4 people; 2 air chambers for safety; front and rear inflatable cushions
  • 2 fishing rod holders at the rear; includes welded oarlocks, oar holders, and oars
  • Comes with inflation pump; measures 133 x 19.5 x 50 inches (W x H x D)
8 replies
Apr 15, 2006
980 posts
392 upvotes
I prefer the intex mariner. Much tougher boat. But alas, it's also double the price. Good deal for this!
Mar 3, 2016
61 posts
9 upvotes
CDRoot wrote: I prefer the intex mariner. Much tougher boat. But alas, it's also double the price. Good deal for this!
x2. sturdy material. and hard bottom makes the difference.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3228 posts
3034 upvotes
Mordor
I made a bottom for this boat and still hard to row....anyway....my suggestion, get a trolling motor...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5075 upvotes
ON
bohocz wrote: x2. sturdy material. and hard bottom makes the difference.
I wouldn't call the plastic slats that come with the Mariner a hard bottom, but it is better than nothing at all. I made a plywood bottom for mine and carpeted it. Threw the plastic one in the recycling bin.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
7480 posts
3700 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: I wouldn't call the plastic slats that come with the Mariner a hard bottom, but it is better than nothing at all. I made a plywood bottom for mine and carpeted it. Threw the plastic one in the recycling bin.
Can you post pictures of your setup next time you bring it out?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5075 upvotes
ON
SoroSuub1 wrote: Can you post pictures of your setup next time you bring it out?
Will do. I am working on a custom mount to support a 5hp Merc(Made by Tohatsu) 4 stroke.
Mar 3, 2016
61 posts
9 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: I wouldn't call the plastic slats that come with the Mariner a hard bottom, but it is better than nothing at all. I made a plywood bottom for mine and carpeted it. Threw the plastic one in the recycling bin.
the truth is those slats were very heavy. but boat was very handy for me while working in Alberta, always in my trunk. I didn't have trolling motor then but I think that id the way to go. seen motor mounts for $40 or so. anyway, back in On - sold the boat.
Apr 18, 2008
555 posts
985 upvotes
BC
Here's dimensions for the boat's floor. I don't have the tools to do this myself, and if someone knows a simpler way (like having Home Depot cut everything) please let me know!

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forums/ ... r-trolling

Here's a video of a finished project:

Overall I'm very happy with this boat. Protip: It can even hold roughly *TEN* adults!