Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Invicta Men's 8926OB Diver Automatic Watch - $69

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 10:33 am
Aug 9, 2013
164 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
nsd wrote: So it arrived today and it's fast by 5 minutes in just 6 hours... should I exchange it?
Save your money and buy a sundial...... :twisted:

I only own quartz watches but from what I know, they are adjustable. Ask yourself how much you want to get into watch maintenance to keep it accurate. Spending $200 for a timegrapher. Or pay a shop to do it.

I would return it.

Sidebar.....every quartz watch I buy has 3 weeks to establish it's accuracy or it goes back. I'm talking a few second a week.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4101 posts
175 upvotes
Spartan2013 wrote: Save your money and buy a sundial...... :twisted:

I only own quartz watches but from what I know, they are adjustable. Ask yourself how much you want to get into watch maintenance to keep it accurate. Spending $200 for a timegrapher. Or pay a shop to do it.

I would return it.

Sidebar.....every quartz watch I buy has 3 weeks to establish it's accuracy or it goes back. I'm talking a few second a week.
I am at over 30 minutes already. Something must be wrong here, will grab a replacement.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17378 posts
7218 upvotes
Oakville
nsd wrote: I am at over 30 minutes already. Something must be wrong here, will grab a replacement.
Yeah, that is WAY outside the norm for that movement, sounds like you got a dud.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1275 posts
3782 upvotes
Toronto
leg3nd wrote: If you are in the GTA I'll sell it to you
I ended up buying one when the OP posted the deal! But thanks for the offer!
Jan 24, 2009
906 posts
549 upvotes
Montreal
nsd wrote: So it arrived today and it's fast by 5 minutes in just 6 hours... should I exchange it?
I’d wind it up and let it run down completely a couple of times.

Mine came running 5 seconds slow, then ran 30 seconds fast, and now seems to have settled down to 5 seconds fast per day.

This is my 2nd invicta diver, I have one with a pearl white dial with coke bezel (red and black) that i got for a similar price and it runs 10 seconds fast per day, so I guess my luck has been good.

If it doesn’t settle down I’d just exchange it. The watch is well worth the money, heck even the bracelet is decent.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4101 posts
175 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: I have one with a pearl white dial with coke bezel (red and black) that i got for a similar price and it runs 10 seconds fast per day, so I guess my luck has been good.
Any particular recommendation for bezel, dial and hand shops? At first I was going to deviate heavily from the submariner design, but since the watch came I realized I kinda like it and will go for a similar look.