Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Invicta Men's 8926OB Pro Diver Collection Coin-Edge Automatic Watch $87.11 (Reg $125.39 ) Rolex submariner homage

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2019 9:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2413 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon Canada] Invicta Men's 8926OB Pro Diver Collection Coin-Edge Automatic Watch $87.11 (Reg $125.39 ) Rolex submariner homage

Great watch. Great Rolex submariner homage
Great movement, I bought this 3 years ago
I changed the strap
Images
  • upload.jpg
47 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3493 posts
2886 upvotes
Been burned once by invicta, never again.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Apr 14, 2006
615 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Don DiGuapo wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 11:13 am
Been burned once by invicta, never again.
Which watch did you have?
Oct 2, 2011
975 posts
576 upvotes
Vancouver
Was a good watch for 2 months, now the crystal is all nicked up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2413 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dicecube wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 11:21 am
Was a good watch for 2 months now the crystal is all nicked up
This same watch? I have this for 3 years and still good as new.
Oct 2, 2011
975 posts
576 upvotes
Vancouver
boldventure wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 11:26 am
This same watch? I have this for 3 years and still good as new.
Yes I tried to take a picture of it but it doesn't pick up the nicks and micro stratches. I'm actually wearing it now and I like the case size
Jul 18, 2017
210 posts
165 upvotes
These are great for the price. Has a seiko movement and display glass back. I even like the side engraving.

I bought one last year at this price, and enjoy it.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3493 posts
2886 upvotes
Simo wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 11:20 am
Which watch did you have?

Cant recall as it lasted such a short time, was a few years ago from amazon on sale as always, ended up in the trash in less than two months, looked nice though.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4887 posts
1640 upvotes
Canuckland
They feel very cheap, get the Casio mdv106 for $40 instead
Mar 5, 2013
214 posts
241 upvotes
Kitchener
Had my pro diver for 6 years now? Maybe more. I like it. I don't have any scratches on the face
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3433 posts
675 upvotes
I just got off a cruise ship and they were selling these on for hugely inflated MSRP prices. These prices are a steal compared to the prices on board.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3107 posts
1047 upvotes
Airdrie
tkl wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 12:42 pm
I just got off a cruise ship and they were selling these on for hugely inflated MSRP prices. These prices are a steal compared to the prices on board.

No, the prices on board are robbery. Nobody should ever pay Invicta's MSRP.

This watch regularly retails for around $120, and is worth it at that price. Excellent value when it dips below $90.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Dec 11, 2011
1 posts
Hello watch enthusiasts. :3

Help! Any gift ideas I can get my bf for Christmas? He has a Seiko and something else I think a Hamilton. I still need to get his main gift so like... <300 max. Anything that you want that you haven't got for yourself? Also, I think i'll get him a Nato strap too, what's the best one or your favourite one?

I got him a watch winder for his birthday and he loved it. But I'm asking because I don't want to embarass myself lol ):
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4508 posts
1392 upvotes
Debtario
Excellent watch once you look past the brand's marketing practices and reputation, this is one of their only watches worth buying and it is very well done. Lume sucks (typical in this price range), but the finishing of the dial, hands, bezel knurling, and bracelet (apart from the endlinks, those are hollow) is surprisingly above-average for most watches at this price. It's a faithful reproduction of a submariner, right from the glossy dial down to the sharp edges on the bottom of the lugs!

it uses a Seiko movement with hacking/handwinding, and unlike some higher priced Seikos mine has better alignment. Had mine 3 years and the 40mm size has convinced me I would enjoy wearing a rolex submariner.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Apr 14, 2006
615 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
For people having bad experiences with Invicta it’s probably some of the other models and not the “pro diver line”. For this price it is a very exceellent watch great quality and movement. There is a huge community modding these watches, personalizing them to very unique tastes.

Good page with example mods:
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/wristwatchr ... hoods/amp/

I’ve seen and held the crap Invicta watches, they are often sold at winners/marshals for crazy prices as well.

Recommend this if you want a very close style and size as the submariner.