Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Invicta Men's 'Pro Diver' Automatic Watch $82 + taxes

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 10:19 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter

[Amazon.ca] Invicta Men's 'Pro Diver' Automatic Watch $82 + taxes

the ever popular invicta with NH35A movement MADE BY SEIKO.
MANY threads has been made about this watch and movement on RFD.
i have the 8926c version of which is the first picture but with metal band.
the consensus on RFD previously is that its the best bang for an auto movement made by seiko.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XBX ... YIK6Y9EEQB
Invicta Men's 'Pro Diver' Automatic Stainless Steel Casual Watch, Color:Black (Model: 23678)
Was: CDN$ 93.02
Price: CDN$ 81.68 & FREE Shipping. Details
FREE Returns
You Save: CDN$ 11.34 (12%)
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca. Gift-wrap available.
Black metal dial with trinity luminous hands and date display
40mm stainless steel case with flame fusion crystal
Automatic-self-wind Movement
Case Diameter: 40mm
Water resistant 200m (660ft): in general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not diving

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XBK ... YIK6Y9EEQB
Invicta Men's 'Pro Diver' Automatic Gold-Tone and Stainless Steel Casual Watch, Color:Black (Model: 23681)
Price: CDN$ 81.70 & FREE Shipping. Details
FREE Returns
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca. Gift-wrap available.
Automatic black metal dial with trinity luminous hands and date display
40mm stainless steel case with mineral crystal
Automatic-self-wind Movement
Case Diameter: 40mm
Water resistant 200m (660ft): in general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not diving
30 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1127 posts
544 upvotes
Ottawa
I have a few of these with "Submariner-inspired" black, blue, Coke and Pepsi bezels. Some with Seiko and some with quartz movements. They are all great value and terrific to look at except for one very tacky element.

Also the packaging is god-awful so I throw away the ugly yellow box as quickly as possible.
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3618 posts
2964 upvotes
Toronto
Probably looks much better with a silver band.
The black or gold just looks way too ghetto/tacky for me. And yes, that type on the side of the case doesn't help.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2894 posts
334 upvotes
GTA
Invicta Men's 'Pro Diver' Automatic Stainless Steel Casual Watch
- Water resistant 200m (660ft): in general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not diving
anyone find this amusing?
Banned
Mar 4, 2011
660 posts
493 upvotes
Surrey
Invicta doesn't get much love on these forums in general...
Fulfillment: 1930, 1966, 1975, 1980, 1981 9.20 14:00, 1984 3.14
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6075 upvotes
Vancouver
convolution wrote: Invicta doesn't get much love on these forums in general...
This specific model is mostly respected. But the brand overall is (imo deservedly) not held in high regard...
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1559 posts
1744 upvotes
Invicta watches are huge, so if you have a slender wrist it'd look comical.

I bought a Stuhrling automatic watch (sister company of Invicta AFAIK) just 3 years ago, it looks amazing and but the build quality is rather iffy. The brand itself is also highly overrated as the MSRP value is sky high but the actual worth is low. You'll regularly see it "on sale" from a ridiculous set price. The band itself is slightly misaligned (the other one I saw was worse) and the winding pendulum fell off just after a couple months of usage. I wanted to send it back for warranty but I couldn't find my original receipt, and also their warranty policies are you have to cover the shipping (~$40 USD) anyhow, so it was ridiculous for me considering it didn't even last a year. Watch shops wouldn't touch an automatic and just told me to go back to the manufacturer.

Couple months ago I ended up buying a cheap set of watch tool for ~$12CAD and fixed it myself. Just popped the cover and gently screwed the pendulum back in. Best purchase ever.

TL;DR: Watches quality are iffy, Original price is ridiculous, actual "sale price" should be MSRP, warranty policies suck. Buy only if you absolutely love the watch.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Banned
Mar 4, 2011
660 posts
493 upvotes
Surrey
coolwasabi wrote: This specific model is mostly respected. But the brand overall is (imo deservedly) not held in high regard...
Ah, I knew there was only 1 model that was decent. Turns out to be this one.
Also gave you an upvote to break your 777 upvote number because I'm evil.

Sorry not sorry.
Fulfillment: 1930, 1966, 1975, 1980, 1981 9.20 14:00, 1984 3.14
Apr 18, 2008
646 posts
1198 upvotes
BC
McDealer wrote: ...except for one very tacky element.

Jesus, that's awful. Kind of ruins a good chunk of the look.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
Idlehands wrote: Invicta watches are huge, so if you have a slender wrist it'd look comical.
I have quite a small wrist and this 40mm invicta looks good on it
boldventure wrote: I have the 8926c
I think almost everyone who is on rfd that still wears regular watch owns this particular model. If people can bypass "invicta", they'll realize this is a solid deal and model.

The one with the steel metal band is hovering around $115 and its been as low as $90ish a few years ago. many RFDers use a leather band like you. Mine is still original
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17805 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Idlehands wrote: Invicta watches are huge, so if you have a slender wrist it'd look comical.

I bought a Stuhrling automatic watch (sister company of Invicta AFAIK) just 3 years ago, it looks amazing and but the build quality is rather iffy. The brand itself is also highly overrated as the MSRP value is sky high but the actual worth is low. You'll regularly see it "on sale" from a ridiculous set price. The band itself is slightly misaligned (the other one I saw was worse) and the winding pendulum fell off just after a couple months of usage. I wanted to send it back for warranty but I couldn't find my original receipt, and also their warranty policies are you have to cover the shipping (~$40 USD) anyhow, so it was ridiculous for me considering it didn't even last a year. Watch shops wouldn't touch an automatic and just told me to go back to the manufacturer.

Couple months ago I ended up buying a cheap set of watch tool for ~$12CAD and fixed it myself. Just popped the cover and gently screwed the pendulum back in. Best purchase ever.

TL;DR: Watches quality are iffy, Original price is ridiculous, actual "sale price" should be MSRP, warranty policies suck. Buy only if you absolutely love the watch.
If you want some referrals for 'automatic' work in GTA, I've got few good folks with lots of experience and reasonable prices.

And I think this watch is 40mm
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10417 posts
7483 upvotes
ON
MandomRix wrote: Jesus, that's awful. Kind of ruins a good chunk of the look.
It shouldn't be too hard to take a dremmel to that and sand and polish it off. The price of the watch is low enough that you shouldn't worry too much if you screw it up.
Ahhh here, it's been done.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 22, 2003
6394 posts
2194 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: If you want some referrals for 'automatic' work in GTA, I've got few good folks with lots of experience and reasonable prices.

Could you pm me your referrals? I have a Chinese auto watch that I should probably get serviced eventually lol
Koodo: $25 30GB plan ask me how
Public Mobile: $19 1GB plan
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2459 posts
948 upvotes
Halton
Any high quality Stainless Steel Spring Bars you can recommend? That little spring bar keeps falling because of the rust.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9802 posts
5796 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
dilligafeh wrote: It shouldn't be too hard to take a dremmel to that and sand and polish it off. The price of the watch is low enough that you shouldn't worry too much if you screw it up.
Ahhh here, it's been done.
That is amazing.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
May 24, 2012
325 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: If you want some referrals for 'automatic' work in GTA, I've got few good folks with lots of experience and reasonable prices.

Could you please share this referral with me? I have 2 watches in need of repair
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1559 posts
1744 upvotes

I fixed mine myself and it seems okay for now, but if you have referrals I'd love to have some contact info too as an insurance. I do love my automatics.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17805 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
weirdlogic wrote: Could you please share this referral with me? I have 2 watches in need of repair
If you are on the west end, Watch Works at Erin Mills Towncenter in Mississauga is a top notch honest guy. He did a mineral glass to Sapphire Glass swap on my SKX007 for me. Did the water pressure tests, seals test and everything as part of the glass replacement service. I was impressed.

On the east-end (or uptown), North York, Geneva Watches is top notch. He has rolex, omega, cartier experience.

5160 Yonge St, North York, ON M2N
Phone: (416) 386-9910

Tell him, you are here from referral by the Tisell guy. My tisell required Rolex tools to open up and most folks couldn't even open it up but this guy did and repaired properly.
Jan 4, 2008
637 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
Fire wrote: Any high quality Stainless Steel Spring Bars you can recommend? That little spring bar keeps falling because of the rust.
You can search Seiko OEM bars, or basically offerings from online watch parts stores that aren't priced dirt cheap like the China ebay,ali, amazon stuff.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)