Amazon.ca

Ipad Pro 12.9 2021 Model M1 WiFi Silver 512 GB $1399

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2022 10:42 pm
Aug 18, 2013
807 posts
700 upvotes
AB
if I tried using a tablet to do anything productive I would go insane, no matter how powerful it is.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3555 posts
3109 upvotes
GTA
saurez7777 wrote: the new Intel i9 is more faster than M1 max... apple prices are laughable...
How's that battery life holding up bro? Let's compare apples to apples here.

A 12900K would last about an hour or two in a Macbook. If it were even possible. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1918 posts
1657 upvotes
saurez7777 wrote: the new Intel i9 is more faster than M1 max... apple prices are laughable...
Ya you are right, I could spend $4000 for a top end laptop with an 11th gen i9 instead!
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1918 posts
1657 upvotes
User381785 wrote: An i9 is faster and cheaper. You can get a Tab S7+ which is better performance for $400+ less than this 'sale' price
I feel like you may as well just be saying random words at this point. Snapdragon 865 plus is not even in the ball park of an m1 chip. Its about half the performance to be eaxct. It does compete with the A13 bionic used in the $400 ipad though https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/q ... a13-bionic
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1559 posts
783 upvotes
Regina
Probably runs hot, loud and sucks battery!
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25059 posts
2241 upvotes
Markham, ON
too bad no time machine...but its probably cheaper to wait for August during the free air buds promo with the student discount.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1957 posts
675 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kevcorm wrote: Its also a $750 desktop cpu https://www.newegg.ca/intel-core-i9-129 ... 6819118339

With storage, a screen, motherboard, ram... ya....
The mini LED screen alone is worth the price and I can use the ipad as a secondary monitor too!
Mining & Workstation EPYC 7764 64 Core & Dual 5950x Rigs | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |5 TB Samsung NVMe Storage
Sep 9, 2020
38 posts
73 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote: too bad no time machine...but its probably cheaper to wait for August during the free air buds promo with the student discount.
Is it?

I just checked apple's site and seeing this model on for $1779, aren't those airbuds like $200 something and you possibly have to go through the hassle of physically returning them to the Apple store? I never did this but saw in the previous back to school thread.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1957 posts
675 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NSDEALZ wrote: Is it?

I just checked apple's site and seeing this model on for $1779, aren't those airbuds like $200 something and you possibly have to go through the hassle of physically returning them to the Apple store? I never did this but saw in the previous back to school thread.
The 512GB 12.9 Pro has never been this cheap, not even in USA during black friday.
Mining & Workstation EPYC 7764 64 Core & Dual 5950x Rigs | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |5 TB Samsung NVMe Storage
Feb 15, 2016
94 posts
56 upvotes
I own a 3rd gen 12.9. I love it. Good battery works well. The device is genuinely good and I recommend it to anyone who wants a tablet. Most people that shit on it have never even owned or used one.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1918 posts
1657 upvotes
Jefferychan33 wrote: I own a 3rd gen 12.9. I love it. Good battery works well. The device is genuinely good and I recommend it to anyone who wants a tablet. Most people that shit on it have never even owned or used one.
I think most people that shit on it think that all tablets are basically the same. A lot of people on this forum seem to think this way about every electronic, price alone is all they want to talk about.
Last edited by Kevcorm on Jan 14th, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 9, 2020
38 posts
73 upvotes
traderjay wrote: The 512GB 12.9 Pro has never been this cheap, not even in USA during black friday.
I thought so, will keep refreshing lol fingers crossed!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2551 posts
2325 upvotes
nuclearhot wrote: if I tried using a tablet to do anything productive I would go insane, no matter how powerful it is.
Add a keyboard and mouse and voilà! You got yourself a Macbook air with touch screen.

(I prefer to get the macbook air for productivity tho, obviously)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1786 posts
3491 upvotes
Kevcorm wrote: Laughable how? What should they charge for something that beats a laptop with a core i9? Again its ignorance. A desktop core i9 alone is $600, thats just a cpu. You can also go look at what windows laptops with a core i9 cost for reference.

You could say this is way more tablet than most people need, which is true and the reason the $400 model is their main tablet.
Im sorry but can you post some references/sources to your claim that an ipad with an M1 chip can beat a laptop with an i9 chip? Also pretty sure people that have a use case for an i9 won't be able to use an ipad at all so your claims are already shit.
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1786 posts
3491 upvotes
Also why are people here complaining about one thing vs another?? If you cant justify buying this then OBVIOUSLY its not worth it for you and you have no actual use case for it, if you think you are better off with something else then you probably are. Why are people comparing an i9 vs an M1 chip?? Two different use cases.
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2715 posts
1547 upvotes
Toronto
Oh look, another Apple vs PC flame war…because someone uses a different platform than yours.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3184 posts
4560 upvotes
Calgary
Kevcorm wrote: I think most people that s*** on it think that all tablets are basically the same. A lot of people on this forum seem to think this way about every electronic, price alone is all they want to talk about.
Yeah, I always laugh when people think RFD is compromised of cheap penny pinchers. In reality, there are a lot of users in the RFD community that have expendable income. But just because we have money doesn't mean we also don't like a good deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1918 posts
1657 upvotes
aomous wrote: Im sorry but can you post some references/sources to your claim that an ipad with an M1 chip can beat a laptop with an i9 chip? Also pretty sure people that have a use case for an i9 won't be able to use an ipad at all so your claims are already shit.
My claims are full of shit because you cant even bother to look it up and you think people who have a use for an i9 cant use an iPad? Why does someone like you even post on a thread like this?

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ipad-pro ... erformance

Here are some geekbench links for you as well.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/se ... ipad13%2C9

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/se ... &q=core+i9

I admit it cant beat the desktop Intel Core i9-12900K that just came out, but give me a break. I think its fair to at least compare it to laptops for the most part. I also think its fair to say the iPad pro isnt a product for the masses, just get the $400 tablet (or something else from another brand) if you cant find a use for m1 power.
Mar 31, 2009
256 posts
354 upvotes
No need to be a fanboy for either, just get the best device for the use case.
I would never bother with Mac for either laptop or desktop, just too overpriced for the performance not to mention the poor, or should I say close to zero, upgradability.
However for tablets apps ... nothing currently come close to iPad hardware / software iOS ecosystem. So I am also a happy iPad Pro user. Last iOS version is finally *somewhat* customizable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)