Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal - $649.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2021 11:37 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10422 posts
6929 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal - $649.99

Maybe ATL?
i7.png
40 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1038 posts
374 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
Wow this price is definitely very attractive
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1068 posts
1199 upvotes
I still think Roborock is better if you can find one.
Feb 3, 2019
336 posts
326 upvotes
I have the i8+ which is basically the same thing. Works awesome! I have 3 cats and it cleans the floor easily.
Dec 13, 2008
358 posts
135 upvotes
Hoping this goes on sale at Costco!!
I'm just here for the deals....
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3988 posts
730 upvotes
Windsor
goobadoofa wrote: Dirt disposal bags seem so outdated :(
What's the alternative? The idea is that the dust is sealed in the bag and that way you don't inhale any (very bad) while emptying.
May 1, 2017
45 posts
79 upvotes
roborock is the best and the new version is supposed to get the dirt disposal later this year
Jan 12, 2013
72 posts
134 upvotes
London
I just got the Roidmi Eve Plus and its much better than this offer. It takes some effort to get it shipped to Canada, but its so worth it. Under 600CAD it has LIDAR, mopping, auto dirt disposal, and is very quiet. PM if you want me to share more of my experience with ordering it
Dec 23, 2010
480 posts
200 upvotes
Hamilton
Just moved into a condo and my cat is a disaster with the cat litter. Have to vacuum everyday as she manages to spread it everywhere 🤦‍♂️ I've been holding out for a deal on one of these, but don't know too much in terms of brands and models and best bang for buck. Really like the auto-empty. Is this the best deal around? Or wait for something else?
Sep 9, 2014
677 posts
577 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I don't know much about smart vacuum cleaners. Is this a good deal? Although it's ATL, it's still $650... It's a big investment.
I live in a small house (1400 sq.feet). I've never owned one of these, but obviously who doesn't want things to be automated, right?
I just watched some Youtube videos, but I prefer hearing from someone in RFD for their feedback. Thank you.
Apr 23, 2019
35 posts
15 upvotes
ericli007 wrote: I don't know much about smart vacuum cleaners. Is this a good deal? Although it's ATL, it's still $650... It's a big investment.
I live in a small house (1400 sq.feet). I've never owned one of these, but obviously who doesn't want things to be automated, right?
I just watched some Youtube videos, but I prefer hearing from someone in RFD for their feedback. Thank you.
I was skeptical as well of Roomba's but then decided to give it a shot and they are great. They do about 85-90% of the work vacuuming. I still manually vacuum on rare occasions to get areas the Roomba can't reach, which is not much. It is a huge investment, I am hoping I won't have issues with it for 5+ years.
Feb 13, 2014
120 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How is the i7+ compared to 360 S5? I hear LIDAR is much better for mapping.
Dec 24, 2003
255 posts
124 upvotes
G77 wrote: What's the alternative? The idea is that the dust is sealed in the bag and that way you don't inhale any (very bad) while emptying.
A lot of the new vacuums are bagless with sealed canisters - could they not do that here as well?

Not partial to Shark in anyway but looks like their model is bagless... didn't look at the others
Jan 13, 2020
11 posts
34 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: I still think Roborock is better if you can find one.
Any leads for getting it, I checked even on AliExpress, suddenly Ships from "China" is disabled since last week !!
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1068 posts
1199 upvotes
swap102 wrote: Any leads for getting it, I checked even on AliExpress, suddenly Ships from "China" is disabled since last week !!
Unfortunately not. The only one that I know of is at ******** but doesn't ship to Canada. Maybe to the US and then cross border pickup service? The price is right.

https://www.********.com/vacuum-cleaner ... id=2000001

ugh... rfd is masking the link. Just copy/paste this link after going to Gear.... Best ... site: /vacuum-cleaners/pp_3001562014583717.html?wid=2000001
Last edited by xtrmDeals on Jun 3rd, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 17, 2012
255 posts
235 upvotes
Mississauga
That is a very good price. Bed Bath & Beyond has it discounted at $849 ($150 off) which is higher than last sale. Although they have a lot of 15% or 20% coupons that may or may not work on this.

Depending on the date this (Amazon stock) was manufactured, there may be a recall for the base. That's pretty easy with iRobot. Soon after you register the product you will receive an email and can start the process for replacement unit which they ship out pretty quick.
Sep 9, 2014
677 posts
577 upvotes
Montreal, QC
flygodz wrote: I was skeptical as well of Roomba's but then decided to give it a shot and they are great. They do about 85-90% of the work vacuuming. I still manually vacuum on rare occasions to get areas the Roomba can't reach, which is not much. It is a huge investment, I am hoping I won't have issues with it for 5+ years.
Do you live in a big house? I think a iRobot would be a great investment if you have a huge house and it takes hours to clean... If you live in a condo or small house, I think you get a less return on investment. I mean the cleaning bag is sold for $20 for 3 on Amazon. You need to replace these every 5-6 months.. I have a Dyson vacuum cleaner and I can empty out the canister...

Did you spend $650+tax on yours? You bought this model or an older one?
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1038 posts
374 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
firegarden wrote: How is the i7+ compared to 360 S5? I hear LIDAR is much better for mapping.
Bought the i8+ for $899 which is identical to this i7+ except for slightly larger battery and the camera system works perfectly even in pitch black places. The LIDAR in theory has a leg up in dark room /under bed situation but from what I used the irobot camera recognition doesn't suffer anything like the internet spreaded about camera system in dark situation.

Maybe their recent firmware updates had improved the camera mapping drastically.... I don't know.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

fcredflagdeals