Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal $961.22

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2019 11:46 am
[OP]
Dec 8, 2007
40 posts
32 upvotes
Pickering

[Amazon.ca] iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal $961.22

https://www.amazon.ca/iRobot-Roomba-Con ... 977&sr=8-3

Lowest price for this robot vacuum. I have had Aukey/Eufy, Roomba 660 and 700 series and currently Roomba 980, and Roomba's are basically the best. It's definitely pricey, but it's worth it. It's especially great if you have pets and want to minimize allergies. The price is also historic low. It's not for everyone. If you have no carpet or minimal carpet, Aukey/Eufy/Robovac and other similar brands are good enough. For anyone with significant amounts of rugs and carpet and pets, I highly recommend Roomba 960, Roomba 980, i7 or s9. The difference on carpet with Roomba vs virtually all other brands is DRAMATIC.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 5th, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2466 posts
1615 upvotes
Montreal
Do yourself a favor and buy a Roborock S5/S50 for 1/2 the price.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20002 posts
5383 upvotes
Good Morning
Roombas trademarked dual brush system and dirt sensor makes it top of the line for carpet.

I got a Shark IQ and it's pretty decent but much louder due to the single brush, but equivalent suction power. Still, at 1/4 of the price, this i7+ is top of the line. Wish I could afford it ahaha
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1331 posts
1685 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
I'd recommend giving this a watch and deciding for yourself which is the best: Vacuum Wars Best Robot for 2019.

All vacuums in this thread so far are mentioned in this review (the Deebot 907 isn't but the n79, 901 and 950 are).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8154 posts
512 upvotes
Not sure what is a better deal, a $1000 vacuum or a $3000 exercise bike.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2466 posts
1615 upvotes
Montreal
elty wrote: Not sure what is a better deal, a $1000 vacuum or a $3000 exercise bike.
You actually need both so you can vaccum while you exercise.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2466 posts
1615 upvotes
Montreal
john.canad wrote: no automatic dirt disposal though. there is currently a roomba without dirt disposal for similar price so i would go with roomba
If you want to pay +500$ for an automatic dirt disposal... suit yourself
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3725 posts
1422 upvotes
Ottawa
xblackdemonx wrote: If you want to pay +500$ for an automatic dirt disposal... suit yourself
no I mean there is a roomba without automatic dirt disposal going for $500 so no need to settle for the roborock
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2466 posts
1615 upvotes
Montreal
john.canad wrote: no I mean there is a roomba without automatic dirt disposal going for $500 so no need to settle for the roborock
Except the roborock probably has a better house mapping and also has a mop.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
2717 posts
709 upvotes
Thornhill
john.canad wrote: no I mean there is a roomba without automatic dirt disposal going for $500 so no need to settle for the roborock
The difference is the navigation system.

Roomba uses a camera bases system - you need to turn the light on in your room and it can take many runs to map out the room completely. Recent Roomba software update has added virtual no-gone zone (keep out zone), but it is not very accurate - the vacuum would avoid areas larger than what you drew. It is also limited to a rectangle with vertical and horizontal lines.

Roborock uses a laser based system - it can run in complete darkness (nice to let it run when you go to bed or when you leave the house). And basically, once you turn it on, it already generates a rough map of the whole room within seconds. And it takes usually only 1 run to map out the whole house.
Apart from virtual no-go zone (rectangle), it also has virtual wall/barrier line - which you can draw at any angle. And it is very accurate - you can make small adjustments to which areas to avoid and it would follow exactly.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1521 posts
1540 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: I'd recommend giving this a watch and deciding for yourself which is the best: Vacuum Wars Best Robot for 2019.

All vacuums in this thread so far are mentioned in this review (the Deebot 907 isn't but the n79, 901 and 950 are).
I had one and returned it. Not enough suction to pick up much on my carpet. I ordered the shark from my Costco thread.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3725 posts
1422 upvotes
Ottawa
nosnoop wrote: The difference is the navigation system.

Roomba uses a camera bases system - you need to turn the light on in your room and it can take many runs to map out the room completely. Recent Roomba software update has added virtual no-gone zone (keep out zone), but it is not very accurate - the vacuum would avoid areas larger than what you drew. It is also limited to a rectangle with vertical and horizontal lines.

Roborock uses a laser based system - it can run in complete darkness (nice to let it run when you go to bed or when you leave the house). And basically, once you turn it on, it already generates a rough map of the whole room within seconds. And it takes usually only 1 run to map out the whole house.
Apart from virtual no-go zone (rectangle), it also has virtual wall/barrier line - which you can draw at any angle. And it is very accurate - you can make small adjustments to which areas to avoid and it would follow exactly.
does it go around objects on the ground or it still bumps into them?