• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2021 10:29 am
[OP]
Nov 22, 2009
813 posts
987 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Irwin Vise-Grip 9-in-1 Screwdriver $12.99

Lowest it's been since mid 2019 per CCC.
44 replies
Jun 6, 2004
602 posts
74 upvotes
Calgary
Great tool. I had mine for 3 years now, still my primary screw driver. There is some surface rust but still works fine. The best feature are the 3 nut driver sizes.
Feb 5, 2011
19 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. I own a few really old multi-headed screw drivers, but they are all missing pieces. This will be nice to have.
Sep 29, 2015
27 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've had one for over a year, I love it. I keep it in the junk drawer. It's the best Multi bit screwdriver I've had. It can really handle a lot of torque and pressure and bits are super secure when you're screwing.
Nov 25, 2008
239 posts
389 upvotes
Is this hard to switch between the bits compared to picquic?

I do like how it can be shortened for those tight areas tho
Last edited by DraKoLich on May 18th, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3581 posts
1008 upvotes
Ottawa
How does this compare to the well reviewed picquic?. What are the differences apart from the 3 nut setters?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1135 posts
1173 upvotes
Abbotsford
I have this - really robust
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1306 posts
469 upvotes
Montreal,QC
have one too

my favorite screwdriver. good balance and it has 2 Phillips head bits and the smaller Phillips head are thin enough for my kid's toy.

the rubber gets worn out because I use the opposite side as a hammer
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1306 posts
469 upvotes
Montreal,QC
c001m4n wrote: Great tool. I had mine for 3 years now, still my primary screw driver. There is some surface rust but still works fine. The best feature are the 3 nut driver sizes.
i didn't even know that we could use it like that (the nuts) didn't have a use I guess. I thought it was to hold the bits

thanks!
Penalty Box
Nov 11, 2006
825 posts
963 upvotes
@home
Ordered, had a $5 prime bonus.

~$9 shipped.

Thanks OP.
Nov 23, 2004
866 posts
1527 upvotes
Ontario
Been needing a multi-driver to keep in the house so I'm not always running out to the garage - ordered! thx op
Jan 30, 2008
259 posts
25 upvotes
Vaughan
how do you get this? I don't see a prime bonus on it
Jul 22, 2020
34 posts
13 upvotes
Lemon Tree, ON
How is this compared to Picquic? How common are those smaller nut setters? I always enjoyed how the picquic bits can be used in a 1/4 impact driver as well.
Last edited by lemonboy on May 18th, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“when life gives you lemons, take them, and be nice to limes.” ― Elder Lemon
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19633 posts
7023 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
When I think of Vise Grips I don't think about screwdrivers. What's next, Kleenex Dishwashers?

I strongly prefer just a bunch of cheap single purpose screwdrivers because these ones with interchangeable parts more often than not are too fat and/or too short to get where they need to go.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1280 posts
686 upvotes
Vaughan
I'd take the PicQuic. The best part of the PicQuic system is add on component bit retention. You can't lose a component bit since you need your last component bit to eject your current component bit. PicQuic FTW!

Mic
# D4HK
# FreeSpavor&KovrigNow
Aug 16, 2011
977 posts
969 upvotes
NORTH YORK
BinaryJay wrote: When I think of Vise Grips I don't think about screwdrivers. What's next, Kleenex Dishwashers?

I strongly prefer just a bunch of cheap single purpose screwdrivers because these ones with interchangeable parts more often than not are too fat and/or too short to get where they need to go.
What? This is the perfect screwdriver tool...also the brand is Irwin not vice grip. Dont know why OP included that in the title but am guessing they just copied the amazon title...
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19633 posts
7023 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
CanKon wrote: What? This is the perfect screwdriver tool...also the brand is Irwin not vice grip. Dont know why OP included that in the title but am guessing they just copied the amazon title...
If the shaft is any wider than the screw head (which all of these types of drivers are), there are going to be tons of places too tight for it to be any good in - so far from perfect, you still need traditional long screwdriver that can fit into recesses no wider than a screw head.