• May 23rd, 2020 5:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1065 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] iSi Silicone Measuring Cups $21.64

These seem to be high quality cups. I haven't tried them personally, but I just bought them. Good reviews.

I always spill from my glass pyrex when it's almost full. These are squeezable, so they should be much easier to pour from.

They're $35 US on amazon.com
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 9th, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
19 replies
Oct 28, 2014
15 posts
27 upvotes
They look pretty good but I hate cleaning plastic containers.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8409 posts
6247 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Not sure I see any real benefits of having my measuring cups in silicone.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43641 posts
4274 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DragonRider wrote: Not sure I see any real benefits of having my measuring cups in silicone.
The main benefit, for the kitchen at least, is that it's squeezable.

These are also great for crafts, like mixing epoxy, glues, etc., because they don't stick to silicone and it's an easy peel to clean up.

Thanks OP!
Mar 14, 2009
360 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
Squeezable sounds like a great way to get an inaccurate measurement, depending on how much they bulge or not.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1065 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
dinguszoo wrote: They look pretty good but I hate cleaning plastic containers.
These are silicone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1065 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
dillybravo wrote: Squeezable sounds like a great way to get an inaccurate measurement, depending on how much they bulge or not.
Squeezable when you squeeze them, not when they're not being squeezed.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9479 posts
4709 upvotes
Markham
I was just looking at this. There was a Youtube video of America's Test Kitchen ppl who picked their favorite kitchen items and one guy said these ISI Silicone measuring cups. You measure in them. Squeeze to create a pourable spout. It can also take heat and be microwaved. Bonus it doesn't feel hot. You can replace your glass measuring cups and save space since they nestle into each other.

3Camels says low price.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Mar 14, 2018
224 posts
228 upvotes
They don’t have handles so will be tricky with hot liquid.
Nov 22, 2016
56 posts
23 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: The main benefit, for the kitchen at least, is that it's squeezable.

These are also great for crafts, like mixing epoxy, glues, etc., because they don't stick to silicone and it's an easy peel to clean up.

Thanks OP!
One of the reviews said that these don't work that well with epoxy... and were questioning the material was actually silicone....

I think the main purpose of these is for food, I bet there are better materials for mixing epoxy...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1065 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
Shihtzus wrote: They don’t have handles so will be tricky with hot liquid.
Silicone is an insulator. I would assume they won't burn your hand. I guess we'll find out.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11113 posts
1248 upvotes
Interesting product. I would probably try if it were a bit cheaper. I would be worried of the markings coming off after repeated trips to the dishwasher.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9479 posts
4709 upvotes
Markham
Shihtzus wrote: They don’t have handles so will be tricky with hot liquid.
Apparently it's more rigid than you might think at the lower end of the cups, while at the same time squishable into a pourable spout. If you see the reviews a lot of ppl have similar "concerns" when they buy it but they realize it's ok.

Gotta spend another $14 to get free shipping.

Found the Escali Primo digital scale on sale...according to 3Camel, this is all time low price at $29.59

https://www.amazon.ca/Primo-Digital-Kit ... 172&sr=1-3
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1065 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote: Interesting product. I would probably try if it were a bit cheaper. I would be worried of the markings coming off after repeated trips to the dishwasher.
The markings are inside the silicone. They won't come off.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3279 posts
750 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
They do exactly what they set out to do with being squeezeable.

Just remember not to try to carry a full one by squeezing it between your body and your arm like you would any other rigid container. It does not end well.