Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] It's back - Orient Men's 'Sun and Moon Version 3' Japanese Automatic Watch - $258

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2018 2:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
2936 posts
342 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] It's back - Orient Men's 'Sun and Moon Version 3' Japanese Automatic Watch - $258

This does hot!

https://www.amazon.ca/Orient-Version-Ja ... WH6TAXXNPW

It's the lowest price I've seen for this Sun & Moon White Version 3. It was around this price back in September. I picked up the white one in September at the $267 price.

Lowest price so far according to 3 camels.

White, black or brown. Same price.

Enjoy.
35 replies
Feb 24, 2012
33 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
whats the difference between this and v2 looks basically the same lol
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3592 posts
1683 upvotes
dan1709 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 12:08 am
whats the difference between this and v2 looks basically the same lol
"The insertion of our new caliber F6B24, which has hand winding, hacking (seconds stop) capabilities. It also has quickset features for the day and date. All of these features were absent on the previous iterations of the Sun and Moon. "
May 31, 2007
272 posts
140 upvotes
Good price!!! The straps on these watches are awful IMO. The clasping mechanism on the leather makes a oblong circle unless you have the perfect sized wrists (which most people dont)
Its an easy strap swap but I find them very uncomfortable.
That being said, you can get a decent enough strap for 20$ for a cheapy.
Jun 7, 2016
58 posts
13 upvotes
I think this is a great price for this beautiful piece. Unfortunately I already have the V2 and can't justify spending the almost $300 for essentially the same watch. If you will be letting the watch die regularly, I STRONGLY recommend you to get V3 since without the quick setting function, I do find setting up the day/date to be rather tedious. With that being said, I love my Orient Sun and Moon. It is part of my normal watch rotation. I generally wear this in the office but you could potentially dress it down. Unlike some other users, I actually like the default strap and it's one of the few that I didn't swap. Warning, this watch is a big on the thicker side which is contrary to conventional dress watch trends.
Jun 18, 2006
67 posts
36 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks OP, I craved in. Got the white as well.
When browsing the Orient 's Asian website, there seems to be a version 4 available in Asia. What are the differences between this version 3 from Amazon and the version 4 in Asia?
Aug 24, 2005
772 posts
18 upvotes
Any reccos on straps? Or you guys just NATO everything lol
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4507 posts
483 upvotes
Markham
What’s going on here? Suddenly all good watch on sale today?
Dec 2, 2014
149 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, ON
supramessiah wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 6:27 am
When browsing the Orient 's Asian website, there seems to be a version 4 available in Asia. What are the differences between this version 3 from Amazon and the version 4 in Asia?
You mean the ones with arabic numerals?

If so, the esthetical change is about the only difference
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1002 posts
227 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP! Ordered the white one, so gorgeous.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
2936 posts
342 upvotes
supramessiah wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 6:27 am
Difference between 3 and 4 is the watch face where ver 3 uses Roman Numerals (I, II, III, etc.) versus ver 4 uses Arabic Numerals (1,2,3, etc.). There are small differences in the Sun and Moon indicator (dots around the circle). I just took a quick look and I prefer the look of the ver 3 versus the ver 4. Here's the link to ver 4 to compare for yourself:

https://www.orientwatchusa.com/products ... ak0001s10a
Jun 18, 2006
67 posts
36 upvotes
Burnaby
atomee wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 9:53 am
You mean the ones with arabic numerals?

If so, the esthetical change is about the only difference
Model#SAK00002S
It looks identical to FAK00002S we purchased, but advertised as the 4th generation.
Dec 12, 2006
25 posts
1 upvote
Finally pulled the trigger on one. Thanks OP!