Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Jabra Elite 85t True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds ~ $199.99

[OP]
Jan 9, 2021
2 posts
13 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Jabra Elite 85t True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds ~ $199.99

This is my first post. Sorry if the deal is not great.
But I just found out Jabra Elite 85t at 33% off price. I was looking for this from a long time and I suppose its a good price to buy this?

Titanium Black - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08HR6GDHL/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Gold Beige - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08HR5BZB3/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by nimishag on Apr 9th, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
26 replies
Aug 8, 2007
548 posts
388 upvotes
Just checked my WorkPerks offer for these for comparison and it is $179.99 but I appreciate not everyone is eligible for workperks.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1603 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
FWIW, these are probably the best earbuds you can get that aren't AirPods.

Wireless charging, active noise cancellation, good bass, good battery life, 3 sizes of rubber tips...they're pretty good!
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / Plastiq / Paymi / Ampli
Dec 27, 2010
123 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
I have the 75t and they're truly the best headphones for any outdoor activity.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1791 posts
511 upvotes
85t has ANC chipset (hardware);
75t ANC is firmware update(software only).
Sep 15, 2015
852 posts
712 upvotes
Mooooonnn
HenryC422053 wrote: is 85t a lot better than the 75t?
Other than significant better anc due to the dedicated anc chip, nothing else

Same:
Still master slave (not sure if 85t could change this later with firmware upgrade. They used to announced it for 75t but later said not possible due to hardware limitation)
Almost same battery life (24vs25)
Same bt 5.0
Call quality slightly better but not significant
Play back delay is comparable (75t is already good enough)

The better:
Anc
Some say fit quality
1hour more playback hour?
(Not sure about this, but some review says the wireless charging come in default? Not sure if it is the case)

The worse
A bit larger size
Ip rating down? Ip4 compared to 75 which is ip5

I have two pair of jabra 75t and they are serving me great. I would hold for another year wait for the new release. Either way better anc/both ear support single play (not master/slave)/better battery and size
Last edited by anshiren on Apr 6th, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
3742 posts
3769 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
anshiren wrote: Other than significant better anc due to the dedicated anc chip, nothing else

Same:
Still master slave
Almost same battery life (24vs25)
Same bt 5.0

The better:
Anc
Some say fit quality
1hour more playback hour?
(Not sure about this, but some review says the wireless charging come in default? Not sure if it is the case)

The worse
A bit larger size
Ip rating down? Ip4 compared to 75 which is ip5
Bummer. I dislike how there's still a master and a slave. Should be up to the user on which side they wanna go with
Sep 15, 2015
852 posts
712 upvotes
Mooooonnn
chilli604 wrote:
Bummer. I dislike how there's still a master and a slave. Should be up to the user on which side they wanna go with
Exactly! I like jabra a lot and prefer it than a airpod as it is a better fit when workout. But the master slave is really a pita. I am used to lying on my right side on bed and the right ear much be on against the pillow and give me pain.
Last edited by anshiren on Apr 6th, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
Apr 23, 2020
69 posts
49 upvotes
chilli604 wrote:
Reason for this is multipoint. Bluetooth technology still limited so independent earbuds would mean you couldn’t connect to more than one device. Not important to everyone of course.
Sep 15, 2015
852 posts
712 upvotes
Mooooonnn
logitvx wrote: Reason for this is multipoint. Bluetooth technology still limited so independent earbuds would mean you couldn’t connect to more than one device. Not important to everyone of course.

I don’t like their multi connect either, because:
1. If I connect multiple device, if one device suddenly on or play some sound it will be feed to the earpiece (e.g. Apple Watch round o’clock chime) I talked to jabra they say they cannot do anything and the set up sequence is most recent has the highest priority.
2. I cannot manually change/turn off device from app. E.g. if I connect to iphone and I want to switch to my Epson projector, I can only do it via epson menu to connect or disconnect iPhone. While my Bose qc35ii app has handy device list allow me to instant to chose switch from the list
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
3742 posts
3769 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
superbad wrote: I have the 75t and they're truly the best headphones for any outdoor activity.
What about Powerbeats Pro?
Some people dislike the Hooks 🪝 though
Jan 2, 2017
389 posts
418 upvotes
quanta wrote: FWIW, these are probably the best earbuds you can get that aren't AirPods.

Wireless charging, active noise cancellation, good bass, good battery life, 3 sizes of rubber tips...they're pretty good!
Since when are airpods considered the best lol? Maybe for iPhone users they have good features but I never heard anyone call them the best, especially when it comes to sound quality.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1977 posts
845 upvotes
Antarctica
These vs the airpods for an iPhone user? Don't really care for bells or whistles of either (ooooh this one is so great for the "ecosystem", I can connect to 5 iPads at the same time etc).

Just sound and ANC wise?

Edit: nevermind, just read it is still master/slave. That rules them out for me.

May be airpods it is.
Jul 21, 2006
567 posts
175 upvotes
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Just checked my WorkPerks offer for these for comparison and it is $179.99 but I appreciate not everyone is eligible for workperks.
I have WorkPerks and where do you see them on the site? Or was it an email you received? Thx.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2673 posts
978 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I had this headphone since launch last year and I would say the sound is good but not great. With a big 12 mm driver, the bass is still lacking. The sound to me isn't vibrant like my Sony WF1000, Sennheiser M2 or Audio Technica CK5STW. After 3 updates, I've only notice some minor improvement in sound. However the 85t lead their competitors in technology. The noise cancelling options and app integration is hands down the best. They did an excellent job on the design of the earpiece. It's light and secures well on my daily run. Also worth mentioning is the case. It is small and slim and it fits nicely in my shorts/jogger/tights pockets without looking like I have a giant tumor on my legs. Even though the sound isn't amazing, I still wear this 80% of the time over the many other headphones I own. At $199, I think this is a good deal.
[solicitation removed]
Sep 6, 2012
42 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Just checked my WorkPerks offer for these for comparison and it is $179.99 but I appreciate not everyone is eligible for workperks.
Straight from Jabra or another retailer?
Aug 8, 2007
548 posts
388 upvotes
dpolites wrote: I have WorkPerks and where do you see them on the site? Or was it an email you received? Thx.
My WorkPerks has a direct link to Jabra’s website and then you also need to register and open an account directly with Jabra to log in and see prices. Says it is up to 40% off which is the case with these.