Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Jabra Elite 85t True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds - $199.99 (also at Best Buy)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2021 11:29 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
129 posts
105 upvotes
RICHMOND

[Amazon.ca] Jabra Elite 85t True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds - $199.99 (also at Best Buy)

Jabra 85t on sale again at 199.99 at Amazon and bestybuy.

Amazon link
https://www.amazon.ca/Jabra-Wireless-Bl ... 08HR6GDHL/

Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ja ... k/14968551
Last edited by TomRFD on May 10th, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
Thread Summary
Shopping around for other models? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best wireless earbuds!
11 replies
Aug 17, 2012
62 posts
39 upvotes
I tried these briefly before returning them. They’re a lot bigger than the 75t and have oval tips instead of circle ones. Obviously fit is very subjective but they’re looser fitting which is normal as jabra didn’t intend them to seal off your ears completely but mine felt like they would fall off at any moment. Another knock against them is that you can’t use the left earbud independently. It has to be the right earbud due to the slave-master connection. ANC is ok, nothing outstanding. Overall, this is the 2nd time these are discounted to 200. I’m not surprised.
Jan 6, 2007
172 posts
51 upvotes
Agree with alexlq, the biggest bummer is that the left one cannot be used alone. With 75t they promised an update would fix it but eventually said that customer experience would be affected if they did that.
I thought they would learned from 65t and 75t and make it possible for 85t but that has happened either.
Feb 5, 2012
414 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
These are on sale again at bestbuy for $199. Too bad the black one which is a bestbuy exclusive is sold out.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
2286 posts
124 upvotes
Based on all the recent Jabra discounts it really feels like the next version is right around the corner. If you can wait on these, it's probably going to drop more in price.

Just my guess though.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5339 posts
3614 upvotes
Toronto and London
alexlq wrote: I tried these briefly before returning them. They’re a lot bigger than the 75t and have oval tips instead of circle ones. Obviously fit is very subjective but they’re looser fitting which is normal as jabra didn’t intend them to seal off your ears completely but mine felt like they would fall off at any moment. Another knock against them is that you can’t use the left earbud independently. It has to be the right earbud due to the slave-master connection. ANC is ok, nothing outstanding. Overall, this is the 2nd time these are discounted to 200. I’m not surprised.
Got them for $142 all in from that Jabra sale so at that price, thought I try em and if need be, get some memory foam tips.
Aug 17, 2012
62 posts
39 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote: Got them for $142 all in from that Jabra sale so at that price, thought I try em and if need be, get some memory foam tips.
At that price it’s a very good deal especially if they fit well for you. I’ve been using the spin fits on the 75t and they are excellent at keeping them in place. Don’t know how well they would work on the 85t though. Memory foam could also work.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5626 posts
2023 upvotes
alexlq wrote: Another knock against them is that you can’t use the left earbud independently. It has to be the right earbud due to the slave-master connection.
I believe the counter to this is the availability of two device pairing instead of two independent earpieces. Many people MUCH prefer that. Everyone has their preferences. For me, I always seem to pull out the left ear when I want to keep one side in anyway, so it all works perfectly imho. I'm using the Elite active 75t's for running, and the default tips fit perfectly and don't move at all. Love it.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1503 posts
1004 upvotes
Canada
alexlq wrote: I tried these briefly before returning them. They’re a lot bigger than the 75t and have oval tips instead of circle ones. Obviously fit is very subjective but they’re looser fitting which is normal as jabra didn’t intend them to seal off your ears completely but mine felt like they would fall off at any moment. Another knock against them is that you can’t use the left earbud independently. It has to be the right earbud due to the slave-master connection. ANC is ok, nothing outstanding. Overall, this is the 2nd time these are discounted to 200. I’m not surprised.
Which store did you get them from? I want to try them for fit but most stores won't allow returns after they are opened.
Aug 17, 2012
62 posts
39 upvotes
fujiapplelover wrote: Which store did you get them from? I want to try them for fit but most stores won't allow returns after they are opened.
Amazon, basically bought the same deal posted above back in January I believe.