Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Jabra Elite Active 75t - Dark Grey (Certified Refurbished) - $69.99 sold by Jabra Company

[OP]
Jun 7, 2016
20 posts
132 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Jabra Elite Active 75t - Dark Grey (Certified Refurbished) - $69.99 sold by Jabra Company

Have read some good things about these on the forum and decided to pick up a pair of these referbs for $69.99 tax in with shipping.

Hope these stay in better and provide more comfort when doing some more extreme sports like skateboardings.

Expiration uncertain.
Cheers all
Last edited by Jonsan on May 21st, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2353 posts
442 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Doesn’t Amazon charge taxes? Thanks
[OP]
Jun 7, 2016
20 posts
132 upvotes
ma678 wrote: Doesn’t Amazon charge taxes? Thanks
I was only charged $69.99. Maybe when it is shipped by Amazon, taxes are added.
Jul 19, 2014
479 posts
597 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
wing0 wrote: I think one thing to note is that only the right earbud can run standalone.

https://www.jabra.ca/supportpages/jabra ... ra-earbuds
Yes, it's annoying. It also means that if your right earbud battery dies or becomes non-functional, you can't use either earbud anymore.

Personally, because I use the right bud so much more than the left, I've also noticed that the button plate on the right is much looser than the left earbud. I'm on a replacement set that I got a couple months ago (original and replacement were both new, not refurbs) and it's already loosening a bit. Since my current set is a replacement pair, I don't know if they'll replace them for me when they inevitably break.

The RMA meant going a few weeks without any wireless earbuds, which was quite inconvenient. They wouldn't send me the replacement set until they received my broken set and UPS lost the ones I sent in, though I was only told that after I called in to find out why it was taking so long for them to return the package to Jabra. The only saving grace was that I had taken several photos at the UPS store showing the earbuds in various states of being packaged and the UPS guy had also offered me a receipt when I finally gave him the package. Otherwise, I might have been SOL. Regardless, it still took about a week for them to arrive from the Jabra warehouse.

Edit: I also noticed that the sound can be a bit glitchy after using them a while, though turning them off and on or disconnecting/reconnecting fixes it. I think it happens more when using the computer than with the phone. It is still annoying, though, since you can't understand what is being said if you're in a call or meeting when it happens.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4466 posts
681 upvotes
Toronto
No hassle return? Heard people having issue to return when they ordered from Jabra site or Walmart. I’m assuming Amazon takes care it.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Mar 17, 2014
846 posts
634 upvotes
Vancouver
rui wrote: No hassle return? Heard people having issue to return when they ordered from Jabra site or Walmart. I’m assuming Amazon takes care it.
Product page does not say 'fulfilled by amazon' so you might have to deal directly with Jabra for return and stuff. correct me if i'm wrong. still using my active 75t with wireless charging case from walmart refurb deal 2yrs. back. still going strong.
Sep 10, 2017
377 posts
300 upvotes
I love the ANC on my 85ts but I hate the fit, the 75ts were perfect Loudly Crying Face

Seriously considering rebuying these
Jul 19, 2014
479 posts
597 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rui wrote: No hassle return? Heard people having issue to return when they ordered from Jabra site or Walmart. I’m assuming Amazon takes care it.
I'd assume that once you're past 30 days, you'd need to do the RMA through Jabra. The return page for their store (linked to from the listing in OP's link) says the typical Amazon return policy applies, but that you should also contact the seller to find out if they have additional terms that apply. Seems like a useless statement to me.
Mar 4, 2013
606 posts
430 upvotes
I bought mine from Jabra's site and when they're connected to two devices at the same time (MBA and iPhone) I get crackles every few minutes. As soon as I disconnected one device everything was fine. I'm already running the latest firmware.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?
Nov 4, 2012
800 posts
294 upvotes
I bought the Jabra. My old skull Candy in earbuds are breaking. I replaced them thru the warranty and the second pair is gradually breaking again. The glue doesn't seem strong enough so it has an opening now.

I think the Jabra is perfect for the gym and for skipping the rope. The Skull Candy is cumbersome.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1866 posts
945 upvotes
Midland
I had no trouble returning my 85s but I purchased from the jabra refurb site.

Edit: I believe they say they are designed for tablets and phones, not computers ie Apples google it to find the distributing issue that jabra won’t fix. Perhaps other Apple users can comment on using it on a Mac laptop and such.
Apr 17, 2020
27 posts
23 upvotes
mine are approaching 2 years old.

I bought them refurbished from amazon for 150 using a link on this website.

The battery is great. fit is great, the sound is great, ANC is great. does not drop from ears. of the times I accidentally dropped them (they took some punishment over their lifespan), still holding strong

quick pairing. If two devices pair at the same time (phone + laptop), I believe it takes priority with the phone. For example, if you are on an app that plays videos upon scrolling (IG, twitter, FB, etc), your laptop will not play videos, they will play for 1 frame and stop. You'll have to leave/close the app and click on the video to listen.

my complaints:

I cannot use the left earbud independently, whereas I can with the right

these days, I have to frequently confirm the pairing of my jabras on my phone for whatever reason.

For $70, these are great, even if they are "old"
Mar 30, 2008
829 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
Got a pair of these back when they were on sale in the winter. Great deal! Still going strong, excellent battery life.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1497 posts
425 upvotes
Richmond Hill
blckmntn wrote: I love the ANC on my 85ts but I hate the fit, the 75ts were perfect Loudly Crying Face

Seriously considering rebuying these
I opted for 85t for ANC, all said 75t fix better and more suitable for activity but 85t have better ANC.
Jul 19, 2014
479 posts
597 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
acheuk wrote: I bought mine from Jabra's site and when they're connected to two devices at the same time (MBA and iPhone) I get crackles every few minutes. As soon as I disconnected one device everything was fine. I'm already running the latest firmware.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?
TV static-sounding crackles or digital glitching-sounding crackles? I get the latter, though it isn't really predictable.

When connecting to two devices, I notice that if I'm playing any audio on the computer, the headset ignores audio notifications from the phone. Also, after a while of using my original pair, they got more finicky with connecting to the computer and phone and I would sometimes have to manually connect.
Mar 4, 2013
606 posts
430 upvotes
redfd123 wrote: TV static-sounding crackles or digital glitching-sounding crackles? I get the latter, though it isn't really predictable.

When connecting to two devices, I notice that if I'm playing any audio on the computer, the headset ignores audio notifications from the phone. Also, after a while of using my original pair, they got more finicky with connecting to the computer and phone and I would sometimes have to manually connect.
Digital glitch crackle. It's very annoying, like every 3 minutes or so.

I wouldn't pay full price for this even though it sounds slightly better than AirPods Pro with EQ, out of the box bass and treble are very boosted. The ANC is next to useless.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)